Tech Nintendo DS for adults? Good games?

Every time i see a commercial for an adult DS game i want one SO bad although i know i would rarely use it. But i loved video games so much when i was younger!!

So I bought the silver DS lite today and I LOVE IT! I got cake mania, prof layton/diabolical box, and the latest mario bros. So far I've only played cake mania and it's so much like diner dash! At least its the same idea....I played for about 2 hours (:shame:smile: and my wrist actually started to bother me from the stylus, I have carpal tunnel probs so this may suck for me :shrugs::s:amazed::cry:. I never even thought of that. Are there many games where the stylus isn't needed?

So I bought the silver DS lite today and I LOVE IT! I got cake mania, prof layton/diabolical box, and the latest mario bros. So far I've only played cake mania and it's so much like diner dash! At least its the same idea....I played for about 2 hours (:shame:smile: and my wrist actually started to bother me from the stylus, I have carpal tunnel probs so this may suck for me :shrugs::s:amazed::cry:. I never even thought of that. Are there many games where the stylus isn't needed?

So you chose the DS :smile:, the only difference is the DSi has a camera and the internet capability (believe me its slowww), but the screen is slightly larger but not by much. The DS is probably a better option because of the backwads compatibility with the GBA games, and you can buy a lot of those games used now for really good prices.

You may want to consider a stylus pen it makes playing easier. I got a pack like this (I hope it shows up):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...+pens&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1153998434283

With the pen you don't have to use the tiny stylus it comes with. Also, what is nice about the pack is the screen protectors. I always use them because the screen scratches over time but mine still looks new.

So you chose the DS :smile:, the only difference is the DSi has a camera and the internet capability (believe me its slowww), but the screen is slightly larger but not by much. The DS is probably a better option because of the backwads compatibility with the GBA games, and you can buy a lot of those games used now for really good prices.

You may want to consider a stylus pen it makes playing easier. I got a pack like this (I hope it shows up):
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...+pens&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1153998434283

With the pen you don't have to use the tiny stylus it comes with. Also, what is nice about the pack is the screen protectors. I always use them because the screen scratches over time but mine still looks new.

Laria, thanks so much for the suggestion on those pens....I'll definitely look in to getting them seeing as the small stylus has my wrist at an odd angle for a long period of time and causes my hand/wrist to hurt. Other than that little tidbit, the DS is awesome! I played mario today (my 6 year old confinscated it right now...ugh!! lol) and its so much fun. Tried to play prof layton but being it was so late last night when I tried to play it, I got bored with it VERY quickly. Maybe because I was exhausted when I started it and you need to be thinking??? I don't know but I really hope I like that game since it wasn't free and I can't go wasting the $40 on a game I wont use, kwim?

I LOVE the DS ! Some of my favourite games include -

Elite Beat Agents
Cooking Mama
Brain Age
Big Brain Academy
Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney
Trauma Unit
Tetris (cannot go wrong with a classic!)
Harvest Moon

I could probably keep on going on and on ! :graucho:

I LOVE the DS ! Some of my favourite games include -

Elite Beat Agents
Cooking Mama
Harvest Moon

I could probably keep on going on and on ! :graucho:

Oooh, EBA! I have the Japanese version of EBA called "Osu! Takahae! Oeundan" and it's just an amazing game!! Challenging and sometimes difficult, but I love it! And as a Jpop fanatic, I was also in love with the soundtrack too. The story for each character is interesting too. :nuts:
I love my DS too!! I have the original DS, not the DS Lite. Does anyone play Animal Crossing? That's been my favorite all year!

I used to! It's such a nice relaxing game where you can talk to your animal friends, fish, customize your house and send letters. I don't have the game anymore though, but I feel I should rebuy it. My nieces have the girls version (with the characters being female instead of boys). Not sure where I can find that one, but I must look for it.

I liked Cooking mama too, it's a great game to play with other friends.

Every time i see a commercial for an adult DS game i want one SO bad although i know i would rarely use it. But i loved video games so much when i was younger!!

Yeah same here. Still waiting for that perfect DS game. I feel I should get Lego Batman already. The only thing I play on my DSi is Flipnote Studio (downloadable app exclusive to DSi). It's okay, but it's not something I'd play with everyday.

So many great suggestions! I live Big Brain Academy, Brain Age, Professor Layton, Cooking Mama, Imagine Ice Champions (I was a figure skater), and Millionheir: Mystery Case Files.

I love my DS Lite!