Tech Nintendo DS for adults? Good games?

I love my DS! I have an old school Teal one and a White DS Lite. I'm totally getting the icey blue one if it ever comes out in the States. But on to games. My favs are Lego Star Wars, Mario Kart and now Indiana Jones. I have Nintendogs and Rayman's Raving Rabbids 2 (I still need to get 1).

ooohh! Bumping this thread big time! Im leaving on a very long flight and I'm going to buy the nintendo DS tomorrow (tried today but forgot my card at home when I was at check out! :Push:smile:. Anyway, you ladies convinced me to get it and I'm psyched! I'm getting super mario bros, cake mania and prof layton and the diabolical box. I'm super psyched!! :yahoo:

I got a nintendo DS for mother's day. Strange gift, I know, but I had been complaining that since I stopped working, I felt my memory was getting worse (less exercise and all that stuff).

So my 'boys' got me a DS with Brian age and left and right brian. I am ready for some new games!

Any reccommendations?

This is funny, I actually got my mom a DS for mother's day too. She saw us playing it and thought it was fun. She liked the educational ones like Brain age. For me, I like the mystery solving ones such as Mystery PI and the Nancy Drew ones. I know there are several crossword puzzle games and sudoku ones out there if you like those. Personally I currently go for the brainless ones because I play during breaks from studying and as as a stress reliever. So for me I play the Final Fantasy games and the Pokemon ones.

ooohh! Bumping this thread big time! Im leaving on a very long flight and I'm going to buy the nintendo DS tomorrow (tried today but forgot my card at home when I was at check out! :Push:smile:. Anyway, you ladies convinced me to get it and I'm psyched! I'm getting super mario bros, cake mania and prof layton and the diabolical box. I'm super psyched!! :yahoo:

Ooh, are you going for the DS or the Dsi? And if so, what color? :smile:

This is funny, I actually got my mom a DS for mother's day too. She saw us playing it and thought it was fun. She liked the educational ones like Brain age. For me, I like the mystery solving ones such as Mystery PI and the Nancy Drew ones. I know there are several crossword puzzle games and sudoku ones out there if you like those. Personally I currently go for the brainless ones because I play during breaks from studying and as as a stress reliever. So for me I play the Final Fantasy games and the Pokemon ones.

Ooh, are you going for the DS or the Dsi? And if so, what color? :smile:

i was going to get the ds lite in silver. i want the pink but i decided to get silver so my hubby can use it too (since he said he wouldn't touch it if it was pink...ugh! men.) LOL What is the difference between the ds and dsi?

Prof. Layton is a really good game, and now there is another prof. layton game out. so clever, it uses alot of geometry for solving mysteries, really really smart game!
oh and Zelda: Phanton hour glass is a must.
does anyone still play pokemon? I love it on the DS hahaha
another one is Fire Emblem if you like some old times war strategies, another thinking game ;)

Prof. Layton is a really good game, and now there is another prof. layton game out. so clever, it uses alot of geometry for solving mysteries, really really smart game!
oh and Zelda: Phanton hour glass is a must.
does anyone still play pokemon? I love it on the DS hahaha
another one is Fire Emblem if you like some old times war strategies, another thinking game ;)

This may sound silly, but i'm terrible at math....would I have a hard time with this game?

I have Hotel Dusk..for some reason I couldn't get into it but maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

The games I have are:
Super Mario Bros.
Tetris
Big Brain
Brain Age
Brain Age 2
Under the Knife
Picross-- fun puzzle game
Clubhouse Games- a bunch of card games and board games

My kids have some more for their DS's too. I have been wanting some new games so I'll take a look at some of these.

Glad to see this thread. I have a DSi (in blue) that I rarely play. There is a Scribblenauts game coming out on September 15, it's an adventure game that uses the touchscreen to, hence the name, "scribble" words in order to help the character proceed in his quest. Like for example, the character runs into a tree with a star on it. He asks you, what can I use to reach it? You can then "scribble" various names of objects or people in order to help him reach the star. It can be anything really, anything ranging from "boots, ball, hat, ladder, rope, dog, cat..." etc.

It's a completely awesome looking game and I cannot wait for it.

Here's a gameplay video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTEUbtgpIgo

There's also Space! Bust A Move if you like puzzle games (Tetris-ish games, but instead of moving the objects around, you match the colors and shoot them). It's pretty fun and has very flashy graphics. The story is interesting too!