Mansur Gavriel Next re-launch: March 29 2016 at 11 am EST - what are you going to get?

I think you're spot on about this being one of strategy. This market is very crowded so it's important for them to continue to create demand. I do think they have some limits with respect to inventory because these bags are all handmade so scaling handmade labor has its limits. Still, the return policy is smart on their part because the demand is such that they don't want to mess with returns, especially with this kind of leather.

I didn't buy anything but I did poke around the site last night and there were still some bags available, so that does say something about their inventory going up --or demand leveling off--or a combination of the two.

I have a regular black/royal bucket and a mini camello/azzuro from last year and love them both. I would love to see the tumble tote but I want to see it in person before committing to such a purchase. All that said, it's nice to see a small brand succeed in an age of mass produced, expensive designer brands.

I too agree that it is a marketing strategy.

I am curious about your statement, "...because these bags are all handmade..." Aren't all bags handmade? These bags certainly are not handstitched like a Birkin. Are they? What do you mean?

Wonder how long until they ship lol last time it was faster than the 3-4 days "processing". I just took the large black bucket down that I had for sale. I'm second guessing selling it. I think the mini is the better size, but something about the large looks so chic.

Wonder how long until they ship lol last time it was faster than the 3-4 days "processing". I just took the large black bucket down that I had for sale. I'm second guessing selling it. I think the mini is the better size, but something about the large looks so chic.

I agree! I love carrying my large bucket. [emoji2]

I too agree that it is a marketing strategy.

I am curious about your statement, "...because these bags are all handmade..." Aren't all bags handmade? These bags certainly are not handstitched like a Birkin. Are they? What do you mean?

From what I have read, each bag is handmade individually and not manufactured en masse on a line like Coach/MK/many premier brands today. That is what I understand is the difference. I'm sure they use commercial equipment for stitching but it is a far more hands-on process than most brands today. Their marketing strategy has been 1)handmade in Italy, 2)under the radar style/simplicity and 3)hard to get.

I agree with you. It is a marketing strategy. I mean they say it is to make quality bags over quantity, but it is crazy how fast they sell out. The months long wait for a bag is crazy though. The return policy is ridiculous. Also can't try the bags on, how do you know it will be flattering, that you will like the particular leather/color.

But they look like beautiful bags - very excited to get mine.

Thank you for the thoughtful response! I still think the bags are beautiful and plan on purchasing one when I am ready! MG would make me happy if they could implement a return policy and/or increase inventory. [emoji13]

I think you're spot on about this being one of strategy. This market is very crowded so it's important for them to continue to create demand. I do think they have some limits with respect to inventory because these bags are all handmade so scaling handmade labor has its limits. Still, the return policy is smart on their part because the demand is such that they don't want to mess with returns, especially with this kind of leather.

I didn't buy anything but I did poke around the site last night and there were still some bags available, so that does say something about their inventory going up --or demand leveling off--or a combination of the two.

I have a regular black/royal bucket and a mini camello/azzuro from last year and love them both. I would love to see the tumble tote but I want to see it in person before committing to such a purchase. All that said, it's nice to see a small brand succeed in an age of mass produced, expensive designer brands.

Thank you for your insight! I noticed that it took a little longer for things to sell out this time! Maybe that means that they are increasing their inventory or people are losing interest like you said. I'm sure your bags are beautiful. Those are some of my favorite color combinations!

There's still stuff available. The last two launches have not sold out straight away. I do think it's a combination of increasing inventory and not being as in demand as they were because I've noticed alot of stockists don't sell out instantly anymore either these days.