Newspaper Saddle Bag

There are extra spaces in the date line and an extra period after the Y:
N. Y ..
MONDAY ,

In the paragraph starting with "As America crystallized..." there is an extra space in middle-class and either a weird line break before the sentence starting "For years," or else that new paragraph isn't indented. And in the paragraph above it, it appears to say "<<rst ready-made dress." It's hard to tell in the online photos. And I really don't want to ruin this for anyone. Newspapers do have typos all the time.

I applaud you for this, bozokitty! šŸ‘šŸ»

As a copyeditor, among other things, I spotted some of the errors too. You have a WAY sharper eye than me though! šŸ‘šŸ»

But you know what? Iā€™m so sick and tired of having to deal with bad writing and punctuation errors over the course of my work that I just thought SCREW IT! šŸ˜‚

Partly because Iā€™ve wanted a Dior Newspaper Print Saddle for long enough that Iā€™m willing to overlook the typos. Partly because the print is small enough that I doubt anyone will stop to read it (that said, I do have one client who always sees extra spaces after commas when they donā€™t exist, so she just MIGHT šŸ¤Ŗ).

Your post really made me laugh, in a good way. Itā€™s one of those things that would have bothered me on plenty of other occasions, so I completely get what youā€™re saying!

I wonder if itā€™s a real article that they printed on the bag? I know they changed the date to match with the runway show, but Iā€™m not sure of the significance of the article itself.

There are extra spaces in the date line and an extra period after the Y:
N. Y ..
MONDAY ,

In the paragraph starting with "As America crystallized..." there is an extra space in middle-class and either a weird line break before the sentence starting "For years," or else that new paragraph isn't indented. And in the paragraph above it, it appears to say "<<rst ready-made dress." It's hard to tell in the online photos. And I really don't want to ruin this for anyone. Newspapers do have typos all the time.
In French you do put a space before punctuation (like MONDAY , ) so maybe this is intentional and it's supposed to be some kind of a mix? I have no idea, it just came to my mind.

@Mad_la_mans They do - but only for whatā€™s known as ā€œhighā€ punctuation ie. colons, semicolons, exclamation marks, and question marks. Interesting point though; I learnt French eons ago and nearly forgot about this until you mentioned it! šŸ‘šŸ»

@benjinito I believe so - I actually tried going through the ā€œarticleā€ (occupational hazard šŸ˜…) and it reads like an actual news report.

Sorry ladies, no idea how to make the multi-quote option work! šŸ˜¬

Slightly off topicā€¦ does anyone know if the5 other printed leather saddle designs (like 5t hase Toile de Jouy Soleil) also feature qemā¶y3 a www.bottegaveneta.combossing?
I don't own a saddle bag but I have 2 lady diors and a djoy that all have embossed leather print. I texted my SA to inquire about this and it sounds like it does (see screenshot of convo)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240526_111048_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20240526_111048_Messages.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 28
  • Love
Reactions: bozokitty
Thanks to everyone for posting all the pics and other information. If I see one in Paris this fall I may have to get it! The only trouble is, Iā€™m a proofreader and I canā€™t help but see typos all over the front of the print. Iā€™m a little disappointed by that, but I doubt most people will notice. Does anyone know if thereā€™s a story there?

Slightly off topicā€¦ does anyone know if the other printed leather saddle designs (like the Toile de Jouy Soleil) also feature embossing?
Are you planning to get this one, too? I love the soleil design and I do like the Dior embossed leather. I have about 5 bags total in different prints and they're all stunning. In fact, I like the macrocannage and their colors are beautiful as well but I always seem to opt for a fun print. I really wanted a necklace from that collection but couldn't bring myself to pay $3300 for what is essentially a piece of costume jewelry.

Are you planning to get this one, too? I love the soleil design and I do like the Dior embossed leather. I have about 5 bags total in different prints and they're all stunning. In fact, I like the macrocannage and their colors are beautiful as well but I always seem to opt for a fun print. I really wanted a necklace from that collection but couldn't bring myself to pay $3300 for what is essentially a piece of costume jewelry.
I'm definitely attracted to the design (I love all the scarves in that seasonal collection). I don't know. It will be my first handbag purchase over $1000 -- a whole new level. I'm weighing my options of a Lady Dior in the lambskin cannage (gray, fard or that pastel yellow I can't stop thinking about after seeing it in person) in either small or medium, or a medium saddle bag (gray, cedar green, or a fun print). At first, I was just comparing the LD and saddle in black, lol. I think have to stop kidding myself that any of these will be a practical, everyday bag, and just go for what makes my heart sing. We will be in Paris the first week in October, and that will make it extra special, plus there is some $ savings to be had.

I'm definitely attracted to the design (I love all the scarves in that seasonal collection). I don't know. It will be my first handbag purchase over $1000 -- a whole new level. I'm weighing my options of a Lady Dior in the lambskin cannage (gray, fard or that pastel yellow I can't stop thinking about after seeing it in person) in either small or medium, or a medium saddle bag (gray, cedar green, or a fun print). At first, I was just comparing the LD and saddle in black, lol. I think have to stop kidding myself that any of these will be a practical, everyday bag, and just go for what makes my heart sing. We will be in Paris the first week in October, and that will make it extra special, plus there is some $ savings to be had.
Beware it can become quite addicting LOL I only bought my first Dior 11 months ago and had never spent that much on a single handbag either but I think their patterns are so unique. I have bought a couple of scarves, a sarong and hat too. I agree go with what makes your heart sing!!! There will always be black handbags out there. Definitely buy in France if you can take advantage of VAT refund (not sure where you live). Beware, the store near the museum is huge but was crowded, maybe you can make an appointment in advance if you know which store you'll be visiting and when. Galleries Lafayette also has a couple different Dior sections but not as big as freestanding stores. Make sure you tell them you want the VAT refund though bc I got screwed the first time I went. Now I know the ropes lol.

Beware it can become quite addicting LOL I only bought my first Dior 11 months ago and had never spent that much on a single handbag either but I think their patterns are so unique. I have bought a couple of scarves, a sarong and hat too. I agree go with what makes your heart sing!!! There will always be black handbags out there. Definitely buy in France if you can take advantage of VAT refund (not sure where you live). Beware, the store near the museum is huge but was crowded, maybe you can make an appointment in advance if you know which store you'll be visiting and when. Galleries Lafayette also has a couple different Dior sections but not as big as freestanding stores. Make sure you tell them you want the VAT refund though bc I got screwed the first time I went. Now I know the ropes lol.
Thanks for that! I'm in the U.S., so definitely counting on the VAT refund. I'm planning to go to the 30 Montaigne store, in addition to visiting the museum, and figured an appointment would be a good idea (it appears you can make them a couple weeks out). Maybe I'll eat lunch there too. My husband is a patient man, and doesn't seem horrified that I'm planning to spend this much money, so that's nice. He did laugh at the fact that there is such a thing as a "purse forum" but he's a video gamer so he has all his online communities and obsessions too.

Thanks for that! I'm in the U.S., so definitely counting on the VAT refund. I'm planning to go to the 30 Montaigne store, in addition to visiting the museum, and figured an appointment would be a good idea (it appears you can make them a couple weeks out). Maybe I'll eat lunch there too. My husband is a patient man, and doesn't seem horrified that I'm planning to spend this much money, so that's nice. He did laugh at the fact that there is such a thing as a "purse forum" but he's a video gamer so he has all his online communities and obsessions too.
Lucky you to have a hubby going shopping with you on this. I suggest scheduling an appt around your visit to the museum. You'll need to book museum tickets in advance too and even then it's a long line to get in.

As for VAT refund, make sure you tell SA at time of purchase you want VAT refund so they can fill out/, provide you with the appropriate paperwork, make sure you have your passport or photo of passport with you, and leave extra time to wait on line at airport to process everything before your flight. If you request refund in cash, you will receive it at airport but you will receive it in Euros and they may take a fee. Of you requestc in credit card, it's easier but might take longer to receive credit. Hope this helps!

Reactions: bozokitty
Thereā€™s certainly something to be said about a bag that makes your heart sing!

In addition to all the useful advice stacy_natalie has given, Iā€™d also suggest going with the seasonal colour/limited edition - assuming they are available at the time of purchase - if youā€™re only looking to purchase one bag this time. Like black, classic colours such as fard appear every season so you can always get another one down the road.

That said, you sound like youā€™ve narrowed down your options well - so Iā€™ll just go with intuition at this point.

I currently own a ABC Dior in Fard, which I decided on almost intuitively, and the Newsprint Saddle with typos (lol). Looking back, I am so glad I did not cave in to getting a plain Saddle because none of them spoke to me the way the Newsprint does.

Best of luck, and have a lovely trip!

Thanks to all for the feedback. I did check it out- and sadly determined the bag wasnā€™t for me. I didnā€™t love the black crossbody strap with it, and just canā€™t seem to get over the ease of getting in and out of the bag. It was pretty to look at though.

I was thinking that you donā€™t look 40 at all, you look my age! Then I remembered that I am actually 40 šŸ˜‚

I have the saddle and I love it. But the normal black grained leather, with the leather strap.

I wonder if itā€™s a real article that they printed on the bag? I know they changed the date to match with the runway show, but Iā€™m not sure of the significance of the article itself.
I think it is, and I suspect the problematic parts are due to some digital file conversion snafu. Thereā€™s yet another place where the letters fi are replaced with <<.

The reference to Henri Bendel in the article made me a bit nostalgic. I was sad when that store closed. Glad I have one bag and a wallet from there, even if I never use them.

Reactions: baghagg and Adelylt
Thereā€™s certainly something to be said about a bag that makes your heart sing!

In addition to all the useful advice stacy_natalie has given, Iā€™d also suggest going with the seasonal colour/limited edition - assuming they are available at the time of purchase - if youā€™re only looking to purchase one bag this time. Like black, classic colours such as fard appear every season so you can always get another one down the road.

That said, you sound like youā€™ve narrowed down your options well - so Iā€™ll just go with intuition at this point.

I currently own a ABC Dior in Fard, which I decided on almost intuitively, and the Newsprint Saddle with typos (lol). Looking back, I am so glad I did not cave in to getting a plain Saddle because none of them spoke to me the way the Newsprint does.

Best of luck, and have a lovely trip!
If by some miracle the newsprint saddle is there when we go, Iā€™ll know it is fate!

Iā€™m hoping to get everyoneā€™s advice. My best friend is going to Paris in July. Iā€™m interested in this bag and itā€™s ~$1k less there compared to the US. Any chance that itā€™d still be available then? Or should I just suck it up and buy it now in the US?
Buy it there. I just saved about $700 on a Dior small cage Caro that I bought in London London, a couple of weeks ago.