Newspaper Saddle Bag

I have regretted not buying this bag since I tried it on. It is in stock on the US website!

I’m still showing add to cart and it does let me do that! Maybe a refresh on your browser??

It’s back! 👀

Thanks so much for flagging this! I can see it again :smile: I pondered over this but decided to keep my preorder and give my SA the commission :smile: But thank you so much for telling me!

Reactions: umichmm
In my 40s and 100% fell in love with this bag.

I never was into the saddle bag, nor do I love any bag that has Christian Dior emblazoned on it (all my Dior bags are classic with no Dior logos on the bag itself - with the exception of the charms).

When I tried this on in the NYC showroom I was hooked. It’s such an iconic bag, with the newspaper date the same date of the Fall NYC show! It brings me so much joy when I wear it! Especially as it brings really great memories of SATC back in my 20s.

In my 40s and 100% fell in love with this bag.

I never was into the saddle bag, nor do I love any bag that has Christian Dior emblazoned on it (all my Dior bags are classic with no Dior logos on the bag itself - with the exception of the charms).

When I tried this on in the NYC showroom I was hooked. It’s such an iconic bag, with the newspaper date the same date of the Fall NYC show! It brings me so much joy when I wear it! Especially as it brings really great memories of SATC back in my 20s.
We need some visuals! Mod shots please!

Reactions: papertiger
I received mine today - it is gorgeous and completed exceeded all my expectations! At first glance, I thought the newspaper print was literally a print - but turns out the text is embossed onto the leather. It truly is a work of art!

Like so many others on here, I fell in love with the newsprint saddle from the SATC days. Back then, I was but a broke high school student, and all my recent attempts at picking up a vintage piece that wasn’t also exorbitantly priced came to no avail.

Thanks to Kaitlin’s Purseblog piece on the Dior Pre-Fall ’24 collection, I was able to track this bag down with my personal shopper and make a pre-order. I guess if something is meant to be, it will find its way to you eventually - even if it takes 20 years.

Here it is sitting on my mum’s couch in all its crowning glory.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpeg
    IMG_0367.jpeg
    214.5 KB · Views: 50
Thanks to everyone for posting all the pics and other information. If I see one in Paris this fall I may have to get it! The only trouble is, I’m a proofreader and I can’t help but see typos all over the front of the print. I’m a little disappointed by that, but I doubt most people will notice. Does anyone know if there’s a story there?

Slightly off topic… does anyone know if the other printed leather saddle designs (like the Toile de Jouy Soleil) also feature embossing?

Thanks to everyone for posting all the pics and other information. If I see one in Paris this fall I may have to get it! The only trouble is, I’m a proofreader and I can’t help but see typos all over the front of the print. I’m a little disappointed by that, but I doubt most people will notice. Does anyone know if there’s a story there?

Slightly off topic… does anyone know if the other printed leather saddle designs (like the Toile de Jouy Soleil) also feature embossing?
Can you share the typos? This is so shocking!

Can you share the typos? This is so shocking!
There are extra spaces in the date line and an extra period after the Y:
N. Y ..
MONDAY ,

In the paragraph starting with "As America crystallized..." there is an extra space in middle-class and either a weird line break before the sentence starting "For years," or else that new paragraph isn't indented. And in the paragraph above it, it appears to say "<<rst ready-made dress." It's hard to tell in the online photos. And I really don't want to ruin this for anyone. Newspapers do have typos all the time.

There are extra spaces in the date line and an extra period after the Y:
N. Y ..
MONDAY ,

In the paragraph starting with "As America crystallized..." there is an extra space in middle-class and either a weird line break before the sentence starting "For years," or else that new paragraph isn't indented. And in the paragraph above it, it appears to say "<<rst ready-made dress." It's hard to tell in the online photos. And I really don't want to ruin this for anyone. Newspapers do have typos all the time.
I applaud you for this, bozokitty! 👏🏻

As a copyeditor, among other things, I spotted some of the errors too. You have a WAY sharper eye than me though! 👍🏻

But you know what? I’m so sick and tired of having to deal with bad writing and punctuation errors over the course of my work that I just thought SCREW IT! 😂

Partly because I’ve wanted a Dior Newspaper Print Saddle for long enough that I’m willing to overlook the typos. Partly because the print is small enough that I doubt anyone will stop to read it (that said, I do have one client who always sees extra spaces after commas when they don’t exist, so she just MIGHT 🤪).

Your post really made me laugh, in a good way. It’s one of those things that would have bothered me on plenty of other occasions, so I completely get what you’re saying!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cali2HI and caruava
I applaud you for this, bozokitty! 👏🏻

As a copyeditor, among other things, I spotted some of the errors too. You have a WAY sharper eye than me though! 👍🏻

But you know what? I’m so sick and tired of having to deal with bad writing and punctuation errors over the course of my work that I just thought SCREW IT! 😂

Partly because I’ve wanted a Dior Newspaper Print Saddle for long enough that I’m willing to overlook the typos. Partly because the print is small enough that I doubt anyone will stop to read it (that said, I do have one client who always sees extra spaces after commas when they don’t exist, so she just MIGHT 🤪).

Your post really made me laugh, in a good way. It’s one of those things that would have bothered me on plenty of other occasions, so I completely get what you’re saying!
The struggle is real. But if I see one in Paris, I doubt I will let it stop me. Screw it, indeed! ❤️

• Haha
Reactions: caruava and Adelylt