New YSL Website

Mellee

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Hi everyone,

It looks like the YSL website has changed to reflect the new name change. YSL is now officially Saint Laurent Paris. Can anyone figure out how to navigate the new website? Hopefully it's under construction because right now, it's just a picture of leopard print with no links! I hope they haven't done away with their e-shop!!

I wonder what will happen to the bags that say YSL and the chyc collection with the large Y now that the name is Saint Laurent Paris (with no Y anymore)

NOO!!! I found more info about the website change here and it doesn't sound good for those of us who are interested in YSL "classics":

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion/archive/2012/10/01/saint-laurent-hedi-slimane.htm

A quote regarding the website change from the graziadaily article:

"Now Slimane's YSL overhaul has reached the French brand's website, which is getting a revamp too. Until the new look goes live on Tuesday, the homepage for ysl.com is filled with mysssterious animal print animations. What we do know, thanks to WWD, is the site will sell only new designs by Slimane while the imagery and layouts will also be solely by Slimane. Well, he certainly has a vision. Meanwhile, the URL will not be changed to slp.com. Phewf for that."

wow what a hog! what is he doing! I'm not excited for this change... I like my "YSL" or else he better bring something amazing to the table.

NOO!!! I found more info about the website change here and it doesn't sound good for those of us who are interested in YSL "classics":

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion/archive/2012/10/01/saint-laurent-hedi-slimane.htm

A quote regarding the website change from the graziadaily article:

"Now Slimane's YSL overhaul has reached the French brand's website, which is getting a revamp too. Until the new look goes live on Tuesday, the homepage for ysl.com is filled with mysssterious animal print animations. What we do know, thanks to WWD, is the site will sell only new designs by Slimane while the imagery and layouts will also be solely by Slimane. Well, he certainly has a vision. Meanwhile, the URL will not be changed to slp.com. Phewf for that."

Seriously, if anyone was considering buying anything from previous collections I would do it immediately. HS is going to sweep with a new broom.

Gosh, my friends and I have been trying to access since Friday! We wanted to get wallets. That's what I get for waiting over 6 months to pull the trigger. I think this is the final nail in the coffin for me. I LOVE YSL. SLP?? Hmm, not so much.

Hope I will be amazed and thrilled by what is introduced.

*side eye*

i read article about ysl and interview with CEO.
and it says, saint laurent paris is only for CLOTHING.
Not Handbags. and ysl will keep its chyc collection and other hot items

you can search online and see the article which shows interview about saint laurent paris. and apparently, ceo said since hot item including chyc collection(cabas chyc) and tribute sandal will be kept and saint laurent paris is for only RTW.

^ Thanks! I read from the forums but people are telling different things, so I wasn't 100% sure.

Saw the runway photos for Spring 2013 and I see no bags on their hands, so I got a little nervous..

the website is sooo annoying.. :pout: now we cant browse! if Hedi Slimane is just changing the brand name/logo for the ready-to-wear.. i dont know why they are revamping the whole website.. :blah: