New YSL Website

Well of course, everyone sees things in their own way. I am not interested in buying an enormously expensive tribute to YSL, I am about loving a new bag and feeling good about it in every way.

sorry I was not clear on this, I did not mean to say that I would buy the bag as a tribute to Yves only, but that I woild not look at the relevance of the logo if I liked the bag, same as you are doing, misunderstanding :smile:. I just happen to like Pilati's and Tom Ford's lively models better than Slimane's minimalism, and changes to Muse II and Cabas.

This makes me so sad. I agree with everyone here re the horrible dull new wannabe Balenciaga/Celine aesthetic for the accessories lines.. I've always wanted to get my hands on a Chyc clutch and BDJ clutch when they were more affordable and priced the same as a BDJ wallet, the only classic YSL leather item I own. The jewelry has become completely bland and dull - gone are the days when YSL made beautiful whimsical pieces like the Arty rings... :sad:

sorry I was not clear on this, I did not mean to say that I would buy the bag as a tribute to Yves only, but that I woild not look at the relevance of the logo if I liked the bag, same as you are doing, misunderstanding :smile:. I just happen to like Pilati's and Tom Ford's lively models better than Slimane's minimalism, and changes to Muse II and Cabas.
Thanks for all your ideas - I am in a total state of confusion, I am absolutely desperate to find a bag I love - I have been considering: A second Bal., the Chyc Cabas, the Chloe "Marcie", The Givenchy "Pandora" - Someone shoot me!!! Gotta look at Tom Ford now - thanks so much!

We have a good relationship - he wasn't trying to discourage me, he knows I will buy soon and It will be his sale. I love that he doesn't push me, just keeps me up to date on "designer dish"

Thanks for all your ideas - I am in a total state of confusion, I am absolutely desperate to find a bag I love - I have been considering: A second Bal., the Chyc Cabas, the Chloe "Marcie", The Givenchy "Pandora" - Someone shoot me!!! Gotta look at Tom Ford now - thanks so much!

Ok. I hope you get a bag you love 100%. All of those you listed are gorgeous bags. With the Chyc, most people (at least here) are seeing them more as a collector's item rather than irrelevant, so I hope you don't get discouraged by that factor if you really like the bag.

Ok. I hope you get a bag you love 100%. All of those you listed are gorgeous bags. With the Chyc, most people (at least here) are seeing them more as a collector's item rather than irrelevant, so I hope you don't get discouraged by that factor if you really like the bag.
The only thing I worry about is spending a ton of money on a bag and not caring about it 6 months later - this happens with me - most distressing. I get so "over it" so quickly. Always trying to fill that void.