New YSL shopping tote - thoughts??

Saw this in person and it was nice! The leather was very smooth. The downside of it to me was that it didn't zip close. I know that's not a concern for many people but living in NYC I like bags to feel very secure... But if you feel safe with it, I think it's a very classy bag that will go with just about anything. Can be dressed up or down and the price is very good too.

I've read a lot about scratches showing on YSL smooth leather though so hopefully someone who owns this can contribute about that.

I need a zippered everyday bag too! Maybe not a tote so I'm eyeing the Givenchy Antigona....

Yay my bag arrived today! I thought I was going to get the old light dusty rose colour but it is actually labelled as taupe! I am in love with it :smile: I will say this though - it's a bit smaller in person than I expected! I am 5' and I would say I could get away with carrying a slightly bigger bag but I am still happy with it. I'm going to order a bag organiser from Etsy (Samorga is 'closed' right now and I don't want to wait over 3 weeks to receive it). Has anyone had a good experience with a bag organiser seller on Etsy, preferably for this particular bag? Let me know :smile:

Here are some photos! (please excuse the dirty mirror and my stripy night gown haha - if anyone wants better pictures of the bag on a 5' frame let me know!)View attachment 3586961 View attachment 3586960 View attachment 3586959 View attachment 3586956 View attachment 3586957 View attachment 3586958
Please may you post a hand held shot. I'm looking to purchase, but being 5ft I'm not sure if it'll drag the ground when hand held. Thank you :smile:

Hi! Has anyone seen this new large shopping tote? I've been looking for a simple, classic leather black tote and this one fits the bill. The price isn't terrible at under $1,000. My fear is that the soft calf leather will show scratches like crazy. I would use this for work and travel. What do you YSL experts think of this tote? Pic borrowed from the YSL web site. TIA! :smile:

I just bought mine from Selfridges last week and I'm obsessed with it. It's the perfect level of minimalism and understated elegance IMO. The leather is beautiful, I'm so obsessed. Wish the pouch was a little larger but it's OK.

Loved it but not worth having. I had mine for 3 months and I had to return it bc the leather was peeling. It's not very durable. They replaced it with a brand new bag for free. Had that for another 2 months, had it repaired and sold it. Beautiful bag, but it's not very durable

Luckily I have not had that experience. I've had mine for quite a few months now and use it very regularly. Still no signs of wear at all. Considered buying another but with quality issues I'd be worried about getting one as good.