New years event gone bad!

There are a lot of jealous malicious people out there.

Case in point... I have a pretty nice car. While we were on vacation, somebody took a screwdriver to it and stabbed the hood 3 times and the windshield twice. Sick. But, nice things are meant to be used. Cars can be repaired without problem... I hope your birkin can be renewed as well.

Keep us posted...

I never understood what people try to accomplish by vandalizing other people's property. That is such a vile thing to do! But I am a big believer in karma - what goes around comes around so, hopefully, the person that did this will get what's coming to them. (((HUGS)))

This sounds like some childish high school BS... and to a BIRKIN??? My Lord, I hope they really get what's coming to them. I say take close up detailed pictures and pass them to the host. If you're sure it happened at his home, then he should know. Take that bag straightaway to Hermes for doctoring. Don't try to fool around with it yourself. Leave that to the pros. Sending hugs your way.

Back to send hugs. I am just truly horrified by this type of behavior. I think it is best to tell the host. I so wish there was some way to expose the vile human being that did that to you.
((((hugs))))

C, I'm soooooooo sorry to hear that. I think you should tell the host and take it in to H ASAP. The longer the ink is on there, the harder it may be to get it off. Good luck and I hope that person gets what's coming to them.

Oh my gosh! This is absolutely horrible. Remember that Karma is a ***** and that person will get what is coming to them, 10 fold. What a sick person to sabotage your beautiful handbag. Please keep us posted!!

:sad: Thank you everyone really. Its good to know I'm not the only one completely taken back everytime I realize how immature & cynical it was of who ever did this. I'll let everyone know what happens after going to H tomorrow & informing the host.

HBR
did you see B.F. at H yet?
I'm dreading telling her the drama but I'll have to as she'll probably accept it from FEDEX and call to l let me know its home in Beverly Hills to come in and get it.

So sorry about this! I have read of something similar happening to an expensive bag. A woman exited an elevator and discoverd that someone had inked up her bag! I would not attempt anything myself and just bring it in. You are in NYC and have the advantage of having Claude there.

I think you should tell you host. Perhaps the alcohol unleashed some person's inner devil, and with their good sense unchecked, their jealousy went full throttle with the sharpie pen and the rest is history. I don't wear my bags as much as I would like because I always give careful thought to where I am going and who will be there. In this case, I would have to say that the culprit knew the brand and had a sense of what the damage would mean. Good Luck!

Unbelieveable, how jealous people stink. I would take it in asap, but photograph the damage first. Also, I would tell the host. If I had individuals in my home that were of this nature, I would want to know. As a matter of fact, I would have a PD report taken. This is criminal and unacceptable. The people there should be questioned as to who saw anything. May I inquire as to when your bag was out of sight, or who you were sitting by that may have done this action? I understand it may be unplesant to persue this, but let's put it in perspective. Some peoples vehicles are worth less than Birkins. Would you not report vehicle vandilism?

I could not take this sitting down.