New years event gone bad!

I think someone mentioned homeowner's insurace.

1) I would photograph the damage.
2) I would contact the party host, let her/him know what happened, explain the damage to the bag, and ask how to contact their insurance company.
3) It should be treated as any home based and the insurance should cover the repair or replacement
4) what it won't cover is whether or not the host will remain friendly to you--even though it was an accident. I assume they would though
5) Get it to a H boutique in NYC immediately. As the others have said, the longer you wait, it might set, and also, for the insurance company, it portrays your concern about the bag by dealing with it immediately.
6) on a bag like yours it really is like having a car vandalized, and insurance should cover it.
7) does YOUR homeowner insurance cover the bag?

So sorry about this start to the new year. I hope it gets fixed soon!

:sad: Thank you everyone really. Its good to know I'm not the only one completely taken back everytime I realize how immature & cynical it was of who ever did this. I'll let everyone know what happens after going to H tomorrow & informing the host.

HBR did you see B.F. at H yet?
I'm dreading telling her the drama but I'll have to as she'll probably accept it from FEDEX and call to l let me know its home in Beverly Hills to come in and get it.

Hey C, no I haven't. My kids have been sick this week so I haven't been able to get out there. Maybe next week when they're back in school I'll have some "me" time!! If you talk to her, tell her I'll be coming in to pay her a little visit. I"m sure she'll fix your baby right up for you. (((((hugs))))):heart::heart:

I'm horrified reading this. Let us know how it goes with H. I'd let the host know simply because he should be aware of what one of his guests has done. I'd want to know.

What the heck is wrong with people??? I'm so sorry about the bag, you should definitely take it to Claude straight away and tell the host. The host may be able to find out who did this and then take them to small claims court!!

Thank you again all, the host is going to be notified however, I'm not going to hold him responsible for paying for it, homeowners insurance etc. because I know he'd NEVER welcome anyone into his home with those intentions.

Hey C, no I haven't. My kids have been sick this week so I haven't been able to get out there. Maybe next week when they're back in school I'll have some "me" time!! If you talk to her, tell her I'll be coming in to pay her a little visit. I"m sure she'll fix your baby right up for you. (((((hugs))))):heart::heart:

I sure will sweety :smile: thank you for the support. :heart:

Wow--I don't usual frequent this forum, but I saw this thread, and all I can say is, please don't get discouraged by this loser. I mean, we are talking about someone who saw your bag, decided to write on it, *found a sharpie at a New Year's Party*, did the deed, and carried on, all the while never thinking, "Hmmm, this a selfish, reckless, immature, and obnoxious act--maybe I shouldn't do this." This is like 4th grade, only worse.

Take it to H, get it fixed, and keep carrying your bags with pride. The solution to this person's idiocy is for them to stop acting like an arse, not for you to be intimidated. I do think it is a good idea to call your (or your host's) homeowner's insurance, because you shouldn't have to pay for this.

that is awful.

take it to Madison ave first thing in the morning.

if they can't get the letters out...they can send it to Paris...and have that panel replaced....

did you know that? a lady at my boutique had a big rip in the front of her birkin from a heel and they sent it to Paris and they replaced that front panel.

Thank you again all, the host is going to be notified however, I'm not going to hold him responsible for paying for it, homeowners insurance etc. because I know he'd NEVER welcome anyone into his home with those intentions.

Being physically hurt at his party is what HO insurance covers. Or theft. If you were in a restaurant & another guest did this, its betweeen you & that guest. The restaurant has no liability. Unless you had insurance on that bag, I doubt if his HO will cover it.
You are doing the right thing to tell him. Maybe someone/or he has had something stolen from one of his parties. This is most likely not her first offense. You're not the culprit, you are only the messenger. You might want to let him know you understand icky things in life happen. This was one of those & you have no intention of trying to file a claim on his insurance.

That's HEINOUS!!!

I once had a complete stranger scratch a big line from right to left on the trunk of my Mercedes. It was at a supermarket, so yeah a complete stranger!

Some people are just heinous!

Be patient, wait until the 3rd and see what hermes repairs can do for you. Please don't attempt anything yourself in the meantime. I would call the host. Thank him for the party, but explain your incident. People need to know. Maybe he'll trim down his guest list next year.

I am so sorry! What a mean and rotten thing to happen. I agree exactly with your course of action though, get it to NY H immediately and do tell the host. If something like that happened in my home I would definitely want to know about it and I am sure he will feel the same.

You must be upset, please try and remember that this person is raging against their own miserable life, you just happened to be the who s/he picked on.

Dont hit the BIN! Wait for Claude to work his magic.......

I think someone mentioned homeowner's insurace.

1) I would photograph the damage.
2) I would contact the party host, let her/him know what happened, explain the damage to the bag, and ask how to contact their insurance company.
3) It should be treated as any home based and the insurance should cover the repair or replacement
4) what it won't cover is whether or not the host will remain friendly to you--even though it was an accident. I assume they would though
5) Get it to a H boutique in NYC immediately. As the others have said, the longer you wait, it might set, and also, for the insurance company, it portrays your concern about the bag by dealing with it immediately.
6) on a bag like yours it really is like having a car vandalized, and insurance should cover it.
7) does YOUR homeowner insurance cover the bag?

So sorry about this start to the new year. I hope it gets fixed soon!
Great idea :tup:

I'm sick from reading this. It's just horrible. I cannot believe someone would actually do that. What is the matter with people. I'm so very sorry for you, what a way to ring in the New Year. Hopefully, H can fix it for you. Sending you hugs.

lecolquitt...so sorry to hear this. I am sickened by how evil people can be. I would definitely tell the homeowner. He needs to know what trash is coming into his home.

Best of luck with the cleaning...I'm sure that H can either take out the stain or replace that portion of the leather and make it look like new! Hugs to you!