New reformulated canvas for end of 2014-2015 your experiences with-please share

Aww poop, I was hoping the MIF code would be later because they may have solved the issue :sad:
Mine is surprisingly "old" for being a new model and straight out of the store lol...they usually sell so quickly after being delivered (made in May and sold in September). Like I mentioned, mine was the display model along the wall and was a little higher up so it probably didn't come down that much, if at all, since it would have just been easier to grab another one from the drawers.
My SA was surprised to find a MIF (the first NM for him) since most of the Delightfuls are MIU due to popularity here in North America...he found it amusing how several woman before me were determined to have their bag MIF and had the store turned upside down and all the while mine was just chilling on the wall waiting for me:biggrin:

I got a neverfull a few weeks ago and the vachetta is DEFINITELY more prone to water marks. If my 2013 speedy would get water marks, it would just dry and disappear but my neverfull is a totally different story. Also, the patina process just seems to be moving much faster (which I don't actually mind).

Call me crazy but LV seems to be taking a LOT of shortcuts to speed up production and lower manufacturing costs while still increasing the prices annually, some times semi-annually:mad: LV is such an old brand with so much history behind it; I'm sure Louie Vuitton himself is turning in his grave

Reactions: Kirkland
Call me crazy but LV seems to be taking a LOT of shortcuts to speed up production and lower manufacturing costs while still increasing the prices annually, some times semi-annually:mad: LV is such an old brand with so much history behind it; I'm sure Louie Vuitton himself is turning in his grave
I wonder what LV himself would think of the new redesigned logo :thinking::Push::sad::-s

I just got my Speedy 25 DE a couple of weeks ago and I noticed a smell to it as well, right out of the box. When I put it in my desk at work, as soon as I open the drawer at the end of the day I am slammed with the smell. I don't notice it all the time, but if I keep my Speedy in closed quarters, it is really really noticeable.

LV is straying too far from its roots IMHO and needs to re-evaluate what it is infamous for: European luxury travel goods and handbags with impeccable quality, reliability, service, and style
I agree, LV is changing too much, sometimes it feels like a different brand altogether. :sad:

back to the topic at hand, I picked up a new mono Speedy and the canvas is different than my old Speedy B from 2011. The new one is thinner, more rubbery and maybe a little darker? the older one has more shine and the new one is more matte. The vachetta is a also a little different, the new one has some lighter veins that go across the handles, I'm afraid it might patina unevenly but it's MIF so I accepted as is and I'm hoping for the best.
No chemical smell on this one (MIF) or the DE (MIU) I got last month, maybe I got lucky!

I was going to sell the older one but now having them side to side I think I'll keep it and see how the new one ages before I make any moves. Overall I'm happy with my purchase, just a little apprehensive, we'll see how it goes..

I agree, LV is changing too much, sometimes it feels like a different brand altogether. :sad:

back to the topic at hand, I picked up a new mono Speedy and the canvas is different than my old Speedy B from 2011. The new one is thinner, more rubbery and maybe a little darker? the older one has more shine and the new one is more matte. The vachetta is a also a little different, the new one has some lighter veins that go across the handles, I'm afraid it might patina unevenly but it's MIF so I accepted as is and I'm hoping for the best.
No chemical smell on this one (MIF) or the DE (MIU) I got last month, maybe I got lucky!

I was going to sell the older one but now having them side to side I think I'll keep it and see how the new one ages before I make any moves. Overall I'm happy with my purchase, just a little apprehensive, we'll see how it goes..
Congratulations and best of luck on your new purchases!! Don't forget to keep us informed on how your patina turns out though, it will be interesting to hear how it develops with the different vachetta

Congratulations and best of luck on your new purchases!! Don't forget to keep us informed on how your patina turns out though, it will be interesting to hear how it develops with the different vachetta

Thanks Miss Krys, I'm very curious to see how this little bag ages. I'll post pics in the clubhouse tomorrow with better light :wave:

I just got my Speedy 25 DE a couple of weeks ago and I noticed a smell to it as well, right out of the box. When I put it in my desk at work, as soon as I open the drawer at the end of the day I am slammed with the smell. I don't notice it all the time, but if I keep my Speedy in closed quarters, it is really really noticeable.
Mine also smelled. I returned it. Was disappointing because I loved the bag but no way I was going to carry around something that stank of some chemical stuff for that price. I'm on a mission to find a non-stinky DE bag :smile:

WOW I had no idea. I've been purchasing LV for 11 years now but I haven't purchased anything other than leather and vernis in a few years and I doubt I will purchase canvas bags again. I do like their SLG's in canvas, though.

I think the mono canvas gets shiny as it ages.

I think the mono canvas gets shiny as it ages.
yes yes, but that's a different type of shine. I mean the 2011 canvas has an overall coating that has some shine and the new one is more matte.
My SpeedyB hasn't been used that much and hasn't developed that used canvas shine you speak about. So hard to explain, but I see and feel the difference.

Can you make your throwing out of your 2013 Speedy monogram long story into a short one? I am intrested to hear...

a perfume bottle broke inside of it :crybaby:
a bee was coming right towards my head (i was wearing a flower headband at the time), and i screamed, dropped my bag onto the ground and ran. super dramatic, i know.
my perfume shattered into a million pieces. my Speedy was just full of glass, and reeked of perfume. i'm still so sad about it! it was hotstamped perfectly

now i'm paranoid & i keep my perfume in a ziploc bag inside of my LV's

a perfume bottle broke inside of it :crybaby:
a bee was coming right towards my head (i was wearing a flower headband at the time), and i screamed, dropped my bag onto the ground and ran. super dramatic, i know.
my perfume shattered into a million pieces. my Speedy was just full of glass, and reeked of perfume. i'm still so sad about it! it was hotstamped perfectly

now i'm paranoid & i keep my perfume in a ziploc bag inside of my LV's
I'm sorry, but I just couldn't help but laugh when I envisioned the bee:lol: He probably just wanted to compliment you on your awesome handbag!