New reformulated canvas for end of 2014-2015 your experiences with-please share

I think there's been a miscommunication here; I was building a supporting argument on another member's post (please see #111) by referencing the several comments - and hence concepts - I have read about people comparing the canvas between different models (i.e Artsy vs Speedy), including the gap in age, and noting they're different and seeming to be surprised that there's more than one type of canvas. It's a myth in the sense that it is - or at least was for a good while before this forum was created - widely held belief by many that LV used the same canvas for all of its bags and SLGs (excluding the print being different). At this point in my original post I further discussed why there was a difference before tying it into LV reformulating the recipe over the years, why they would have done it, and some of the issues - specifically the bubbling and peeling - that occurred along the way.

If you don't care for something that someone posts then that's fine, it's your right to disagree and I respect that, and it's also your right to respond with your own opinion in a polite and respectful manner. But I personally find it very hurtful to be treated like I was intentionally sabotaging or, in your own words, 'like to derail', the conversation from 'the real topic' when in fact I was trying to contribute in a meaningful way.
I don't see post 111, it could be from someone on my ignore list, there isn't any need to feel hurt by my post, I'm only talking about canvas. I didn't say you were derailing the topic, in fact I said I agree with the second part of your post, but I don't agree with the supposed "myth" that most people think there's only one type of canvas. I can't really comment on what people believed before this forum was created, so I will drop that tangent to avoid derailing the subject even further. I just want to talk about mono canvas!

Can we just keep it simple? I like to get feedback on what SA's are saying about this issue, is it being fixed? are newer items doing this still? What solutions are being offered to customers? is it ok to buy mono items right now or should we wait?
My point is that the real topic at hand is the canvas peeling, and I'd like to stay on topic if we may, thanks!

Thanks! When it came back from the repair centre, I was in the middle of personal tax season, working till midnight everyday (I'm a CPA), I just didn't have time and energy to argue with them because I've done that twice already.

I'm glad to hear that LV stood by their product and refunded you.
There is another LV in Vancouver, but since I've bought the wallet online, perhaps I could try calling customer service directly.
I hope customer service is able to help you, let us know what they say if you a get a chance, best of luck! :flowers:

Reactions: Aryel