New Prices Confirmed for Feb. 1st

O.K. Ladies...
I just got back from the Chanel Boutique at Saks and my SA showed me the new price list for Feb. 1st :nuts:

Caviar Classic Flap (10x6).........now $1595...increased price $1995
Lambskin Classic Flap...............now $1750...increased price $2150
Petit Shopping Tote .................now $1095...increased price $1395
Grand Shopping Tote................now $1650...increased price $1950
Medallion Tote..........................now $1650...increased price $1950

I wanted to purchase another timeless classic bag before the price increase so she looked in the system and found ONE large white caviar classic flap left in the whole system and guess what.....IT'S MINE!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I'm excited because she says the white classic flaps never make it to the sales floor because they only get 2 or 3 in and there is always a wait list for them.

Hooray for getting the white caviar! That is such a beautiful bag! Those were the same prices that Nordstroms quoted over the weekend (She said about $300-400 on the classics).:sad: :crybaby: So it looks like the increase is more like 20-30%.
I'm glad I got my GST & petit shopper last week. :yahoo: Its time to stock up ladies!

just want to clear one thing, does it mean that even old classic flaps (like the pink one i m looking for which was released at least 1.5 years ago) are going up $$$ with the price increase too ?

omg am sooo glad i got my winter white Jumbo classic flap..............gonna sleep with her tonight, poor baby, she was afraid i was gonna return her....:love:
these price increases on the bags remind me of when Chanel ballet slippers were $330 - admittedly, some years ago, and now they start at $460 and go over $500....unfrigginreal

My SA said ALL the timeless classics will have a price increase. I asked about other lignes and she said they were already coming in with the built in price because they are the newer style bags. As far as the bags that are already in stock (not the classics) having the price increase, she says she hasn't gotten word on those and doesn't know.

She said she just got confirmation of these new prices on Saturday, that's why some SA's had not heard of the price increase until now.

Yes, current classics bags will be reticketed with the new price.

Oh ok, I was wondering why the classics that are a re-order for Spring/Summer were priced the same. I guess they will just reticket the bags. I know the GST was priced at $1650 and the Modern Chain Tote at $2225. I wonder if I listed for something at the trunk show if they would honor the price - probably not!

Wow! designer307 you scored another classic timeless bag...whoo.hoo...congrats, and thanks so much for sharing this news. Please show us your new white when it arrives. I would love to order a white bag, but like others I'm afraid it will get dirty easily. Classic flap in white is such an elegant bag.