New packaging

hmn002

Jun 27, 2021
My enthusiasm for VCA was already waning after the holiday pendant fiasco, but this may be the nail in the coffin for me. The new packaging is not luxurious. Period. End of story. I don’t pay exorbitant prices for just the name. I’m paying for the experience, and packaging is part of the experience. If you ladies haven’t read the book ‘Deluxe. How Luxury Lost its Luster’, I highly recommend that you do. It’s very relevant.

These luxury houses think we’re sheep. They think that we are so blind and stupid and enamored with their product that we’ll buy no matter what they do. I’m putting my foot down. Sorry VCA, but I can think of better ways to spend my money.
+1 for the book! It’s a good read.

Reactions: park56 and rengb6

leechiyong

Sep 3, 2013
I think the boxes ought to be available upon request or with some pricing tier. It’s actually the perfect packaging for my preferences, but I can see how others find it lackluster: when gifting, when having saved up for one’s first piece, or when comparing it to one’s earlier, and likely less expensive, purchases.

Some brands have a hierarchy with their packaging, especially when it comes to jewelry. I know the leather jewelry box/cardboard box was already mentioned for Hermes, but they also use a thicker, lined box and silk dust bag with special leather goods, like the push offer B20 Faubourg. Louis Vuitton offers a nicer, lined version of its dust bag for special handbags. Tiffany added a turquoise jewelry box a few years ago for its engagement rings. When LVMH took over, I believe they fully transitioned to this from the navy box, but it's based on price of the item as well, otherwise it goes in the pouch and gift box.

I'm guessing VCA still has jewelry boxes for it's high jewelry and I can see this type of packaging for their mini, non-stone Zodiaque, Sweet pieces, etc. but there really ought to be some sort of middle ground.

Last edited:

fice16

O.G.
Jun 12, 2007
I think the boxes ought to be available upon request or with some pricing tier. It’s actually the perfect packaging for my preferences, but I can see how others find it lackluster: when gifting, when having saved up for one’s first piece, or when comparing it to one’s earlier, and likely less expensive, purchases.

Some brands have a hierarchy with their packaging, especially when it comes to jewelry. I know the leather jewelry box/cardboard box was already mentioned for Hermes, but they also use a thicker, lined box and silk dust bag with special leather goods, like the push offer B20 Faubourg. Louis Vuitton offers a nicer, lined version of its dust bag for special handbags. Tiffany added a turquoise jewelry box a few years ago for its engagement rings. When LVMH took over, I believe they fully transitioned to this from the navy box, but it's based on price of the item as well, otherwise it goes in the pouch and gift box.

I'm guessing VCA still has jewelry boxes for it's high jewelry and I can see this type of packaging for their mini, non-stone Zodiaque, Sweet pieces, etc. but there really ought to be some sort of middle ground.

What is the pricing tier would you suggest to VCA to offer a jewelry box for their pieces?
I have no question VCA would offer special jewelry boxes for high jewelry (e.g. a few hundreds thousands USD and up), similar to what you mentioned Hermès offers special packaging for special limited edition bags that are only offered to VVVIP clients who could easily spend a few hundred thousands USD+ a year. There is no question for this practice.

Now the question is, VCA have many jewelries (pave or non-pave) that cost 10k+, 20k+,30k+ USD and up. Would you consider these not substantial purchases for VCA to offer a decent jewelry box? As this is the case currently. Curious to know what is the pricing tier for Tiffany to offer a jewelry box. I might be mistaken, but my guess is Tiffany still offers jewelry box for jewelries that cost 10k+ usd, similar to Hermès offers leather jewelry box for 10k+ usd fine jewelry pieces?

Last edited:

leechiyong

Sep 3, 2013
What is the pricing tier would you suggest to VCA to offer a jewelry box for their pieces?
I have no question VCA would offer special jewelry boxes for high jewelry (e.g. a few hundreds thousands USD and up), similar to what you mentioned Hermès offers special packaging for special limited edition bags that are only offered to VVVIP clients who could easily spend a few hundred thousands USD+ a year. There is no question for this practice.

Now the question is, VCA have many jewelries (pave or non-pave) that cost 10k+, 20k+,30k+ USD and up. Would you consider these not substantial purchases for VCA to offer a decent jewelry box? As this is the case currently. Curious to know what is the pricing tier for Tiffany to offer a jewelry box. I might be mistaken, but my guess is Tiffany still offers jewelry box for jewelries that cost 10k usd+, similar to Hermès fine jewelry?
For Tiffany, per this thread, it's fine jewelry purchases over $1,000 pending availability:

For H, it can be seasonal pieces as well, certain exceptional scarves, etc. It really seems to vary across all brands based on items and availability, so it would require a lot of information I don't have access to in order to offer a proper analysis for specific pricing, which is why I suggested a middle ground for their middle ground pieces.

fice16

O.G.
Jun 12, 2007
For Tiffany, per this thread, it's fine jewelry purchases over $1,000 pending availability:

For H, it can be seasonal pieces as well, certain exceptional scarves, etc. It really seems to vary across all brands based on items and availability, so it would require a lot of information I don't have access to in order to offer a proper analysis for specific pricing, which is why I suggested a middle ground for their middle ground pieces.

Ok, got it. I think your earlier comment was made based on assessment about entry level fine jewelries.
Most Ladies here are discussing about VCA not offering proper jewelry boxes for purchases that cost quite a few k+ / a few 10k+ jewelry pieces.

Reactions: DeryaHm

leechiyong

Sep 3, 2013
Ok, got it. I think your earlier comment was made based on assessment about entry level fine jewelries.
Most Ladies here are discussing about VCA not offering proper jewelry boxes for purchases that cost quite a few k+ / a few 10k+ jewelry pieces.
I'm confused; what about my comments indicate I'm not discussing VCA offering proper jewelry boxes?

lilpikachu

O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Not loving this new direction with the packaging :sad:

I am curious how they will pack 5 motif bracelets going forward. Please share if you know!

I’m in Australia and just noticed that online shopping is now available for some pieces (this is new for us and kinda dangerous for my bank account) - I adore my SA and still prefer to buy from her but I am wondering how online orders will arrive (old vs new packaging).

Receiving the original packaging (white outer box and creation housed inside the green box) matters to me as I don’t purchase luxury jewellery on a regular basis… I’d be disappointed to receive the new packaging if I made a purchase.

Prada Prince

Homme...
O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
So VCA called me back that day to tell me that my piece has already arrived (which makes me wonder when they would have informed me of it, had I not called earlier in the day to ask for them to look into the status of my order, given that my SA is on holiday until the beginning of December)!

I'm so excited, it's been 10 weeks since I placed the order, and I can't wait to get my paws on the piece. But at the same time, I am looking at it with a little trepidation as to whether I will be getting the old packaging as requested or not. Hopefully this is the case, as I would rather not have sub-standard packaging mar the experience for me!

I'll update when I pick it up on Saturday!
I’ve picked it up! :smile: I’m such a happy bunny to finally get my order after 10 weeks…

My SA was on holiday unfortunately, so I ended up with an older, less competent SA, who marred what would have been a special shopping day with her brusque nature and perfunctory service…

Anyway, luckily, I didn’t have to put up a fight with her - I got the old packaging for the purchase…

Although, I did have to ask her for a travel pouch and a cleaning cloth, both of which were only proferred with a dissatisfied grunt…

They were out of the long paper bags, and again, I had to ask her for a proper sized paper bag, as the receipt sleeve was sticking out of the petite one she originally provided!

No chance of any candles or coffee table books on my end - her response was - “go ask your SA when she’s back…“ (Nice…)

She even stuffed up the wrapping… I mean, look at that travesty!
6880542E-BD6A-40CF-8524-5E5B5B1E4D83.jpeg

But in any case, I’m at least glad that I got the full set without any resistance, and I now have my long-awaited addition!
A440BE07-BCF1-4175-AFFA-12AEF070DC41.jpeg 0A8DA2EB-F6D3-42D2-97E4-ADD43CDDAC71.jpeg 59966D50-2828-4AC6-B3AB-EDEAA05E35D8.jpeg
1255483C-0AFA-4795-ADA7-541DE0616A4E.jpeg

EpiFanatic

VCA bb
O.G.
May 5, 2010
I’ve picked it up! :smile: I’m such a happy bunny to finally get my order after 10 weeks…

My SA was on holiday unfortunately, so I ended up with an older, less competent SA, who marred what would have been a special shopping day with her brusque nature and perfunctory service…

Anyway, luckily, I didn’t have to put up a fight with her - I got the old packaging for the purchase…

Although, I did have to ask her for a travel pouch and a cleaning cloth, both of which were only proferred with a dissatisfied grunt…

They were out of the long paper bags, and again, I had to ask her for a proper sized paper bag, as the receipt sleeve was sticking out of the petite one she originally provided!

No chance of any candles or coffee table books on my end - her response was - “go ask your SA when she’s back…“ (Nice…)

She even stuffed up the wrapping… I mean, look at that travesty!
View attachment 5660254

But in any case, I’m at least glad that I got the full set without any resistance, and I now have my long-awaited addition!
View attachment 5660250 View attachment 5660251 View attachment 5660253
View attachment 5660252
Congratulations on your new piece! It’s beautiful. So glad you got everything and the original box but you expect more graciousness from someone who works in customer service. Hope your SA comes through for you.

Prada Prince

Homme...
O.G.
Nov 19, 2006
Congratulations on your new piece! It’s beautiful. So glad you got everything and the original box but you expect more graciousness from someone who works in customer service. Hope your SA comes through for you.
Thank you! I’m so obsessed with it, I keep looking down and fiddling with the pendant incessantly!

D4269FCD-04AF-40E0-B0A6-5C8E819B4A3C.gif

idlehen

Nov 3, 2017
I think I may be part of the minority here in that I don't store things in the boxes. I find it really annoying to keep having to take it in and out of the little holder inside the velvet box and I worry it may wear on the chain over time. I just store my necklace with all my other necklaces in my jewelry box. On one hand I will miss the old packaging, but on the other I'm happy I won't have to make the decision to toss or to keep and have it take up space lol. I do agree they should have a gift box option though. If it were my first piece or if I were gifting, then I'd want the full packaging.

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
strange, un needed hard cover catalog book thing
I find them annoying and somewhat pretentious too.
On one hand I will miss the old packaging, but on the other I'm happy I won't have to make the decision to toss or to keep and have it take up space lol. I do agree they should have a gift box option though. If it were my first piece or if I were gifting, then I'd want the full packaging
agree 100%

mochibabu

Sep 19, 2021
Not loving this new direction with the packaging :sad:

I am curious how they will pack 5 motif bracelets going forward. Please share if you know!

I’m in Australia and just noticed that online shopping is now available for some pieces (this is new for us and kinda dangerous for my bank account) - I adore my SA and still prefer to buy from her but I am wondering how online orders will arrive (old vs new packaging).

Receiving the original packaging (white outer box and creation housed inside the green box) matters to me as I don’t purchase luxury jewellery on a regular basis… I’d be disappointed to receive the new packaging if I made a purchase.

Yes, I just noticed now we can buy it online. Wonder how this affects the 'exclusivity' factor, and wonder if it comes with the new packaging.. would be quite disappointed tbh