New Marc Jacobs New York Line???

Thank you, very helpful pictures! I have a MbMJ key pouch (too hot to handle) and it is great but the leather on the MbMJ plate is starting to wear off, which is quite annoying. Will post picture later today. I think the LV key pouch is the slim pouch I am looking for. Really really need to upgrade my small leather goods.

I want everything to feel luxurous when wearing, don't get that feeling with metal plates any more :/ very bored of the MbMJ plate :sad: love the leather and quality (it is so chocking durable) but just can't have the metal plates any more.

It's a nice pouch and I think you can fit more cards in it then I have. There are the different canvas options and then there are different leather options as well (don't know if canvas and leather are exactly the same size thou)

Hmm the hot to handle plate is somewhat more sensitive then the metal plate on the others I think, annoying thou. :sad:

It's a nice pouch and I think you can fit more cards in it then I have. There are the different canvas options and then there are different leather options as well (don't know if canvas and leather are exactly the same size thou)

Hmm the hot to handle plate is somewhat more sensitive then the metal plate on the others I think, annoying thou. :sad:

I really like the too hot to handla plate when I bought the bag and the key pouch (had already started to get tired of the regular metal plate) but I didn't give ig any thought that it would wear so much :sad:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457458458.168798.jpg
You can see that the leather is worn in the lower part of the plate. And I only use this pouch inside a bag and am very careful about it.

Here are my wallets/key pouch that I use every day right now:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457458540.342679.jpg
In the MbMJ wallet I only have 10 cards and two coins (2 kr) haha. So it is a bit over kill. Could definitely downsize that wallet to a small zip around.

Do you think there is any second hand value to that wallet? :/

And here are two wallets that I have never used but I love them both haha.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457459238.856483.jpg
They are both in delicate lamb so I am afraid to use them as every day wallets. The Mulberry wallet is wider than my MbMJ and it was this size I want for a big wallet (if I choose to buy one haha).

So, I need durable wallets without much hardware. Preferably small ones and maybe a big one later.

I really like the too hot to handla plate when I bought the bag and the key pouch (had already started to get tired of the regular metal plate) but I didn't give ig any thought that it would wear so much :sad:
View attachment 3296326
You can see that the leather is worn in the lower part of the plate. And I only use this pouch inside a bag and am very careful about it.

Here are my wallets/key pouch that I use every day right now:
View attachment 3296328
In the MbMJ wallet I only have 10 cards and two coins (2 kr) haha. So it is a bit over kill. Could definitely downsize that wallet to a small zip around.

Do you think there is any second hand value to that wallet? :/

Ohhh, that's a very nice green! :smile:
I see what you mean about the wear, don't know if one could put something on it to seal it so it doesn't get worse?
I think there should be some value too the wallet, after all MBMJ is quite popular here in Sthlm and it's a classic one. There are probably ppl that are sentimental about that line too now that so much is changing, don't know if they sold out the classic line at the sale at NK and the MBMJ store? Damn should have bought something in that case :P

And here are two wallets that I have never used but I love them both haha.
View attachment 3296341
They are both in delicate lamb so I am afraid to use them as every day wallets. The Mulberry wallet is wider than my MbMJ and it was this size I want for a big wallet (if I choose to buy one haha).

So, I need durable wallets without much hardware. Preferably small ones and maybe a big one later.

Very nice :smile:
As for really durable, LV canvas is the way to go :smile:

Have either of you seen the new Gotham City wallets in person? I'm trying so hard not to go to the malls here .....

No I haven't seen them yet. They hadn't so much unpackad when I was at the store.
I'm a little bummed thou since I have a MJ (collection) Gotham and had my sights on another one in a darker colour and then they disappear and he reuses the name for kinda different looking bags now. /end rant
Anyway I like the new Gotham bags as well so it'll be interesting to see the wallets. :smile:

Ohhh, that's a very nice green! :smile:
I see what you mean about the wear, don't know if one could put something on it to seal it so it doesn't get worse?
I think there should be some value too the wallet, after all MBMJ is quite popular here in Sthlm and it's a classic one. There are probably ppl that are sentimental about that line too now that so much is changing, don't know if they sold out the classic line at the sale at NK and the MBMJ store? Damn should have bought something in that case :P

I love green :biggrin: but this is not really it's true color. My phone seems to often add a blue tone, so it is more green instead of blue-green.

I actually have a sealant thingy bought for restoration of a pre-owned balenciaga! Could try that :smile:

When I talked to MJ at NK they still had some MbMJ items left, but a little bit hidden. So I don't think they put everything on the sales this winter, but maybe for the summer :biggrin:

Yeah, it is still popular but sometimes it feels worthless to get 300kr or something when I paid 1500kr for it. So below 400-500kr just isn't worth it for me, I guess. But if I stop using it it will only take space in my wardrobe haha..

I love green :biggrin: but this is not really it's true color. My phone seems to often add a blue tone, so it is more green instead of blue-green.

I actually have a sealant thingy bought for restoration of a pre-owned balenciaga! Could try that :smile:

When I talked to MJ at NK they still had some MbMJ items left, but a little bit hidden. So I don't think they put everything on the sales this winter, but maybe for the summer :biggrin:

Yeah, it is still popular but sometimes it feels worthless to get 300kr or something when I paid 1500kr for it. So below 400-500kr just isn't worth it for me, I guess. But if I stop using it it will only take space in my wardrobe haha..

I think I have seen that green last week as I was at the hairdresser (another customer had a small too hot to handle bag in green, very pretty.

That sealant thingy sounds good. Where did you get it? I might need to have that at home :smile:

If you can't get more than that I would keep the wallet. You might get use of it again in the future. :smile:

I think I have seen that green last week as I was at the hairdresser (another customer had a small too hot to handle bag in green, very pretty.

That sealant thingy sounds good. Where did you get it? I might need to have that at home :smile:

If you can't get more than that I would keep the wallet. You might get use of it again in the future. :smile:

Maybe I should use as my travel wallet since it would fit most of my needs and I won't be afraid of loosing it...then I don't have to think about a travel wallet and can focus on my daily needs! :biggrin:

It's called zelikowitz - top coat satin (if I remember correct, can check it tonight) and works great for bags with some shine. Bought it from ebay I think and shipping costs as much as the bottle and it all ended up at ca 18dollars I think. The bottle could be used for years I think, so it is worth it.

Read about the product here at purseforum, this forum is just the best thing ever. Recently found it and abuse it a lot haha.

I will go to some event at NK tonight, only for women. Will see if I buy something. Have many items on my wishlist ;)

Maybe I should use as my travel wallet since it would fit most of my needs and I won't be afraid of loosing it...then I don't have to think about a travel wallet and can focus on my daily needs! :biggrin:

I will go to some event at NK tonight, only for women. Will see if I buy something. Have many items on my wishlist ;)

That sounds like a good plan, using it as a travel wallet! :smile:
Ah, I thought about going to that event but as I'm very pregnant I decided against it.
Ofc if they had some great deals on bags and SLGs I will kick myself....

I'm so glad I found this thread! I am an LV/Saint Laurent/Chanel lover who has never bought anything from Marc Jacobs. This new line is killing me....mainly that white saddlebag with the guitar strap. Saw it at Nordy's last night, and have been thinking about it ever since!

BTW, the ladies working there told me that MJ will be releasing more straps so that the owner can switch them out. I hope they're right!:smile:

I'm super, super picky about quality, and the bag looked well-made. Trying to decide.....

Here is my Gotham Saddle bag in off-white. It's a large bag that can fit a lot of stuff! I can fit my makeup bag, smartphone, LV small agenda, iPad mini, keys with room to spare. the best thing about this bag is the front and back pockets, I can toss my phone and keys for convenience. The guitar strap is so fun and I like that it's removable. I'm thinking of buying one of Rebecca Minkoff's guitar straps and play around with it. I wish Marc Jacobs made separate straps so we can change them up when we feel like it.

The leather is also beautiful, smells wonderful, and is super soft. The bag is so well made and I love it! I highly recommend it to anyone!

2120161613_zpssxo1nt48.jpg

Beautiful! This is the one I like! And thank goodness the lining is not all crazy, like some of his past bags. This is MUCH better!