New Marc Jacobs New York Line???

Jag vet inte riktigt vad jag ska tycka om MJ än så länge. Jag gillar toten jag skrev om, men resten känns inte så mycket jag :/ Ska ge det en chans till innan jag bestämmer mig ;)

Jag har faktiskt inte fallit för Louis Vuitton än.....jag hade däremot tänkt gå in i butiken (för första gången!) och köpa mig en plånbok då de verkar få grymt reviews.

Lyckades du få reda på något när du var inne på Mulberry? :P

I'll go back to english so others understand :smile:
I liked the MJ saddle bag best and also the look of the Madison tote in blue with red trim, that one I didn't try on thou so no idea if I would like it then. They were going to get more bags in the week to come so might go there again.

I didn't think LV was for me either but then I got a present from my husband from there and after that I read up on their history and that was that. Now I'm really irritated that I missed out on some of the designs from Marc Jacobs time there.
Which wallet are you thinking about?

I didn't ask about the changes in Mulberry so no I didn't find anything out.
I was just browsing as I need (or want) a new
everyday bag and been thinking that that might be an Alexa (or something).

I'll go back to english so others understand :smile:
I liked the MJ saddle bag best and also the look of the Madison tote in blue with red trim, that one I didn't try on thou so no idea if I would like it then. They were going to get more bags in the week to come so might go there again.

I didn't think LV was for me either but then I got a present from my husband from there and after that I read up on their history and that was that. Now I'm really irritated that I missed out on some of the designs from Marc Jacobs time there.
Which wallet are you thinking about?

I didn't ask about the changes in Mulberry so no I didn't find anything out.
I was just browsing as I need (or want) a new
everyday bag and been thinking that that might be an Alexa (or something).

Will check those bags out tomorrow!

What did you get from your husband? :smile: Not any wallet in particular, just heard good reviews of the wallets in general. So I would like to go to the store and see what they have. But I have never been in that store and am I little afraid to enter it haha. So big and feels so serious in some way. Took me long enough to relaxe in the Mulberry store at NK (the one at Birger Jarls gatan is way more laid back!). I feel like I have to prove myself as a worthy customer. Don't know why :/ do you ever feel that?

The alexa is great, I have one which I love but almost never use.. (It's lamb nappa and with a 2 year old boy the moments to use such a bag are rare hehe). The only con is that the accessability is quite stange when you wear it crossbody. Could be a little bit difficult to open. But the alexa was my first high end designer bag and I just love it. Will never sell it :smile:

Will check those bags out tomorrow!

What did you get from your husband? :smile: Not any wallet in particular, just heard good reviews of the wallets in general. So I would like to go to the store and see what they have. But I have never been in that store and am I little afraid to enter it haha. So big and feels so serious in some way. Took me long enough to relaxe in the Mulberry store at NK (the one at Birger Jarls gatan is way more laid back!). I feel like I have to prove myself as a worthy customer. Don't know why :/ do you ever feel that?

The alexa is great, I have one which I love but almost never use.. (It's lamb nappa and with a 2 year old boy the moments to use such a bag are rare hehe). The only con is that the accessability is quite stange when you wear it crossbody. Could be a little bit difficult to open. But the alexa was my first high end designer bag and I just love it. Will never sell it :smile:

Oh, he surprised me with a Neverfull for mothers day last year, so that was my first LV. I actually find it very practical and thinking of maybe getting another one. :P
This year he got me an Alma for Valentines day (we have a soon 2 yr old daughter named Alma :smile:).
They are very nice there at LV so don't be nervous :smile:
I have the Clemence wallet in mono canvas with fuchsia interior, I really like that wallet, it's somewhat smaller then the zippy. They have some lovely choices in leather as well, but I find canvas practical with small kids around. :P
Then they have some practical SLGs too.

Hmmm, I was kind of stressed when I was at NK so stupidly enough I didn't try to get in/out of the Alexa when I tried it on. Thank you for your input, that was really helpful! I think it's a beautiful classic looking bag but I also need to get in/out easily as I have a 4 year old boy, a soon 2 year old daughter and the 3rd coming now in the end of march.
Might look more into the MJ saddle bag, he's very good with organizing bags I think, always a lot of compartments to put things in, hmmm.

As someone who does a lot of buying and selling of MJ, most collection bags have essentially been worthless for years now. The resale has been horrific for awhile.

Sorry for butting in... but just wish to chime in that you are so right in terms of the resale value. I am a late bloomer with MJ. Bought three MJs preloved and kindly authenticated by you. Two Stams and one mini Stam. Love the leather but they did not really work for me in terms of my super casual lifestyle. Rehomed all for perhaps 30% of what I paid for them. [emoji18]

Oh, he surprised me with a Neverfull for mothers day last year, so that was my first LV. I actually find it very practical and thinking of maybe getting another one. :P

This year he got me an Alma for Valentines day (we have a soon 2 yr old daughter named Alma :smile:).

They are very nice there at LV so don't be nervous :smile:

I have the Clemence wallet in mono canvas with fuchsia interior, I really like that wallet, it's somewhat smaller then the zippy. They have some lovely choices in leather as well, but I find canvas practical with small kids around. :P

Then they have some practical SLGs too.

Hmmm, I was kind of stressed when I was at NK so stupidly enough I didn't try to get in/out of the Alexa when I tried it on. Thank you for your input, that was really helpful! I think it's a beautiful classic looking bag but I also need to get in/out easily as I have a 4 year old boy, a soon 2 year old daughter and the 3rd coming now in the end of march.

Might look more into the MJ saddle bag, he's very good with organizing bags I think, always a lot of compartments to put things in, hmmm.

I have been thinking a bit about the neverfull since I need a good durable tote BUT everyone has them :/ feels a bit boring... Maybe I should look through that and get the most durable tote ever made? (From what I've heard at least). If I get some time over I could drop by the LV store and see how I feel about that tote...

My son is named Loke - not so many bags with that name ;)

The Mulberry NVT leather is very very durable but my most durable leather is actually my MbMJ bags (Percy Classic Q and Too hot to handle tote). They are the best when it comes to children. They don't feel so special but they are very durable (you probably already know). So if you need a durable and convenient bag I think you should look more at MJ :smile: or DKNY hehe

I actually need a small wallet (for my newly bought mini chanel!) and would prefer something zip around. Will google the two wallets you mentioned :smile:

I have been thinking a bit about the neverfull since I need a good durable tote BUT everyone has them :/ feels a bit boring... Maybe I should look through that and get the most durable tote ever made? (From what I've heard at least). If I get some time over I could drop by the LV store and see how I feel about that tote...

The Mulberry NVT leather is very very durable but my most durable leather is actually my MbMJ bags (Percy Classic Q and Too hot to handle tote). They are the best when it comes to children. They don't feel so special but they are very durable (you probably already know). So if you need a durable and convenient bag I think you should look more at MJ :smile: or DKNY hehe

I actually need a small wallet (for my newly bought mini chanel!) and would prefer something zip around. Will google the two wallets you mentioned :smile:

That was exactly how I felt about the NF, until I got one... ;)
Clemens is also zip around.
Speaking of small, I just bought a multicartes to use as a mini-wallet in small bags, I bought the Sarah version but there's a zippy as well. They are on the website :smile:

I have a too hot to handle tote in teal with brown handle which I love :smile: And a few other MBMJ so I agree about durability :smile:

I pm:d you since it feels like we are derailing this thread ;)

Oh please derail away! :smile:

Seriously - I love seeing some activity on in the Marc Jacobs forum!!

Hehe, thanks! :smile:
We were talking about different size wallets and different needs for those.

I mainly use an LV wallet but I'm also using a small MBMJ "too hot to handle" (so that's a little closer to the subject here)for travel purposes or too match my bag in the same colour ;)
I'll post some pics if anyone is interested ;)
Front:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457430392.921969.jpg
Back:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457430410.804760.jpg
Card slots when you open:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457430460.388172.jpg
Coin compartment and more card slots inside:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457430516.269762.jpg
Compartment for bills on the side
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457430611.088033.jpg

Hehe, thanks! :smile:
We were talking about different size wallets and different needs for those.

I mainly use an LV wallet but I'm also using a small MBMJ "too hot to handle" (so that's a little closer to the subject here)for travel purposes or too match my bag in the same colour ;)
I'll post some pics if anyone is interested ;)
Front:
View attachment 3296049
Back:
View attachment 3296050
Card slots when you open:
View attachment 3296058
Coin compartment and more card slots inside:
View attachment 3296059
Compartment for bills on the side
View attachment 3296060

I have been rethinking, I think I will not buy a big wallet - instead I will buy 2-3 smaller wallets. This one you have seems like a great wallet for travel or downsizing for smaller bags!

Was counting my often used cards and seem to have around 15-20 that I need to bring. I would like to have my five most used ones in a card holder (like my Alexander McQueen, but would want a similar without the skull which is bulky and not good for my chanel bag hehe).

And then I need to have something for my 10-15 extra cards. And then some kind of wallet for cash, notes, small things.

So I "need" three as it seems. Would love at least one to be a pop of color (maybe a blue zip atound wallet from Mulberry) and then one black, maybe something similar to yours here? To have in my Chanel. And then maybe a LV small zippy. Then I have covered everything ;)

I have been rethinking, I think I will not buy a big wallet - instead I will buy 2-3 smaller wallets. This one you have seems like a great wallet for travel or downsizing for smaller bags!

Was counting my often used cards and seem to have around 15-20 that I need to bring. I would like to have my five most used ones in a card holder (like my Alexander McQueen, but would want a similar without the skull which is bulky and not good for my chanel bag hehe).

And then I need to have something for my 10-15 extra cards. And then some kind of wallet for cash, notes, small things.

So I "need" three as it seems. Would love at least one to be a pop of color (maybe a blue zip atound wallet from Mulberry) and then one black, maybe something similar to yours here? To have in my Chanel. And then maybe a LV small zippy. Then I have covered everything ;)

It's actually very handy this one. I bought it purely by chance, as I wanted a longer wallet to match my bag, but the larger ones were out of stock at that store at the time so this was what they had in that colour.
Turns out it was a very good purchase. :smile:

Here's my LV key clés/pouch which I use to store extra cards ;)
It's small so goes into small bags :P
Closed
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457453973.923801.jpg
Opened (10 cards +aptment key+chain and hook tucked inside):
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457454035.270562.jpg
Opened with chain and hook outside (if one wants to attach it inside the bag or something):
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1457454141.336982.jpg

Here's my LV key clés/pouch which I use to store extra cards ;)
It's small so goes into small bags :P
Closed
View attachment 3296294
Opened (10 cards +aptment key+chain and hook tucked inside):
View attachment 3296295
Opened with chain and hook outside (if one wants to attach it inside the bag or something):
View attachment 3296296

Thank you, very helpful pictures! I have a MbMJ key pouch (too hot to handle) and it is great but the leather on the MbMJ plate is starting to wear off, which is quite annoying. Will post picture later today. I think the LV key pouch is the slim pouch I am looking for. Really really need to upgrade my small leather goods.

I want everything to feel luxurous when wearing, don't get that feeling with metal plates any more :/ very bored of the MbMJ plate :sad: love the leather and quality (it is so chocking durable) but just can't have the metal plates any more.