New Marc Jacobs New York Line???

Nice new bags, but I wonder what will happen to all of the higher end bags because of this price drop. Are all my 1300-1700 range bags worthless now? Also, will Marc Jacobs now be a premier designer or a contemporary designer.

After a long Marc Jacobs hiatus... I'm back! This is my first MJ purchase in years... I had no idea what was going on with the brand until I visited the Mercer St store in Soho. I needed a casual bag so I got the Recruit saddle bag in Navy Blue. I like how the glazing is in Oxblood and gives it an interesting look. It looks similar to the Gotham but with an all leather strap.

View attachment 3290957
View attachment 3290958
View attachment 3290959
View attachment 3290960

It's cute, congrats!

What does the made in tag and season tag look like now, out of curiosity?

Nice new bags, but I wonder what will happen to all of the higher end bags because of this price drop. Are all my 1300-1700 range bags worthless now? Also, will Marc Jacobs now be a premier designer or a contemporary designer.

I think it would still be considered premier. There will still be higher end, made in Italy bags produced.

As someone who does a lot of buying and selling of MJ, most collection bags have essentially been worthless for years now. The resale has been horrific for awhile. It would be nice if people got nostalgic and this change made older styles more desirable.

Reactions: selmom07
I think it would still be considered premier. There will still be higher end, made in Italy bags produced.

As someone who does a lot of buying and selling of MJ, most collection bags have essentially been worthless for years now. The resale has been horrific for awhile. It would be nice if people got nostalgic and this change made older styles more desirable.

I was honestly surprised at just how wonderfully made my bag is. I own a furniture company and am obsessed with detail. I can also smell cheap leather at a distance (due to the way it has been processed). My new little bag is IMPECCABLE and I dare say as well as anything Marc Jacobs - or really anyone - has ever made, in any country, including Italy.

Guess I should post some photos, huh? I've been waiting for the weather to clear up here a bit before I carry it.

I was honestly surprised at just how wonderfully made my bag is. I own a furniture company and am obsessed with detail. I can also smell cheap leather at a distance (due to the way it has been processed). My new little bag is IMPECCABLE and I dare say as well as anything Marc Jacobs - or really anyone - has ever made, in any country, including Italy.

Guess I should post some photos, huh? I've been waiting for the weather to clear up here a bit before I carry it.

Photos are always nice to see!

I'm sure it's very well made. MJ bags, with a few exceptions, have always been excellent quality IMO.

It's cute, congrats!

What does the made in tag and season tag look like now, out of curiosity?

It does not have a season tag. Just a plastic tag sewn in the lining with the print of a barcode. There's another tag that says Made In Indonesia, at the back of it says 100% Cow Leather...

I know, it's not the same as the old 'collection' bags but the price point is good.

The hardware is too yellow for my taste-- Missing the old Riri or Lampo zippers. Again, can't compare to the collection bags. Definitely not premium designer any more.

After a long Marc Jacobs hiatus... I'm back! This is my first MJ purchase in years... I had no idea what was going on with the brand until I visited the Mercer St store in Soho. I needed a casual bag so I got the Recruit saddle bag in Navy Blue. I like how the glazing is in Oxblood and gives it an interesting look. It looks similar to the Gotham but with an all leather strap.

Very handsome! Great color and finish! I also noticed that the Recruit has gold/brass hardware and the Gotham City has silver/nickel. Otherwise they seem to be made very similarly.