New Marc Jacobs New York Line???

I have this saddle bag in black and I like it better than my Chanel bag...
Leather is gorgeous

Ps- Hi Cosmo!!!

Hi Beach Bum - would love to see a photo of your bag! I really like the Gotham saddle bag. I immediately loved the white, but worried I would ruin it, decided to order the black which I also like - but on a whim, saw the emerald green from Nordstroms and ordered just now. :/ Unfortunately I keep thinking about the black. I cannot believe I'm obsessing about this. (I just noticed the green leather tabs on the strap and they really bug me. Why couldn't they just do black?) Help! I am in the midst of retail therapy and it's not going well. [emoji33]

hi beach bum - would love to see a photo of your bag! I really like the gotham saddle bag. I immediately loved the white, but worried i would ruin it, decided to order the black which i also like - but on a whim, saw the emerald green from nordstroms and ordered just now. :/ unfortunately i keep thinking about the black. I cannot believe i'm obsessing about this. (i just noticed the green leather tabs on the strap and they really bug me. Why couldn't they just do black?) help! I am in the midst of retail therapy and it's not going well. [emoji33]

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1455858770.840408.jpg

Hi Beach Bum - would love to see a photo of your bag! I really like the Gotham saddle bag. I immediately loved the white, but worried I would ruin it, decided to order the black which I also like - but on a whim, saw the emerald green from Nordstroms and ordered just now. :/ Unfortunately I keep thinking about the black. I cannot believe I'm obsessing about this. (I just noticed the green leather tabs on the strap and they really bug me. Why couldn't they just do black?) Help! I am in the midst of retail therapy and it's not going well. [emoji33]

I like that the tabs on the straps are green :smile:

I like that the tabs on the straps are green :smile:

Malin -the bags came today and the green in person looks much different than in the photo. It's definitely more of a muted jade green instead of emerald green, which was disappointing, but helped to solidify that the black was for me.

If anyone is interested, these new MJ Gotham City bags are gorgeous and the leather is beautiful. Believe it or not I think I'm going to keep the black shoulder bag (rectangular) over the larger black saddle bag. (The green one is already packed and ready to go back). The shoulder bag is a perfect casual/work shoulder or crossbody bag with plenty of strap - and is a great size. The saddle bag is just a bit bigger than I care to carry on my own saddlebags! [emoji4] It's also surprisingly heavy.

Malin -the bags came today and the green in person looks much different than in the photo. It's definitely more of a muted jade green instead of emerald green, which was disappointing, but helped to solidify that the black was for me.

If anyone is interested, these new MJ Gotham City bags are gorgeous and the leather is beautiful. Believe it or not I think I'm going to keep the black shoulder bag (rectangular) over the larger black saddle bag. (The green one is already packed and ready to go back). The shoulder bag is a perfect casual/work shoulder or crossbody bag with plenty of strap - and is a great size. The saddle bag is just a bit bigger than I care to carry on my own saddlebags! [emoji4] It's also surprisingly heavy.

Ah, did you take any pictures before you packed and shipped the green one?
They didn't have it in the MBMJ store here in Stockholm (Sweden).
My husband is going to the US with work in april so am kind of toying with the idea to have him pick one up.
But it's a gamble since I haven't seen it in reality.

Ah, did you take any pictures before you packed and shipped the green one?
They didn't have it in the MBMJ store here in Stockholm (Sweden).
My husband is going to the US with work in april so am kind of toying with the idea to have him pick one up.
But it's a gamble since I haven't seen it in reality.

Oh Malin, I didn't even think of that. I had ordered three bags and was in such a hurry to return two of them! The green is so much more muted than the photo I posted that it was like a completely different color. Green, but very muted and more toward a blue tone than yellow. Almost a muted teal. Pretty, but not what I expected.

Only Nordstrom has the green bags, from what I've seen. I have learned than not all stockists are carrying the same styles and colors. I didn't see the green at all on the MJ website.

My husband is from Stockholm! We usually visit Sweden once a year. :smile:

Oh Malin, I didn't even think of that. I had ordered three bags and was in such a hurry to return two of them! The green is so much more muted than the photo I posted that it was like a completely different color. Green, but very muted and more toward a blue tone than yellow. Almost a muted teal. Pretty, but not what I expected.

Only Nordstrom has the green bags, from what I've seen. I have learned than not all stockists are carrying the same styles and colors. I didn't see the green at all on the MJ website.

My husband is from Stockholm! We usually visit Sweden once a year. :smile:

No worries! :smile: Hmm, I really like teal.
I'll see if I can find pictures on the net before he goes to the states, it might be sold out by then as well. I could order it now ofc from Nordstrom but with the 25% added tax + import fees+ shipping costs, I don't think it's worth it (unless one really loves it). :smile:

Ah, I live in Stockholm, in Hammarby Sjöstad if you know where that is. :smile:
Close to town and lots of water.

Here is my Gotham Saddle bag in off-white. It's a large bag that can fit a lot of stuff! I can fit my makeup bag, smartphone, LV small agenda, iPad mini, keys with room to spare. the best thing about this bag is the front and back pockets, I can toss my phone and keys for convenience. The guitar strap is so fun and I like that it's removable. I'm thinking of buying one of Rebecca Minkoff's guitar straps and play around with it. I wish Marc Jacobs made separate straps so we can change them up when we feel like it.

The leather is also beautiful, smells wonderful, and is super soft. The bag is so well made and I love it! I highly recommend it to anyone!

2120161613_zpssxo1nt48.jpg

Attachments

• 212016144531.jpg
    212016144531.jpg
    998.1 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:
Here is my Gotham Saddle bag in off-white. It's a large bag that can fit a lot of stuff! I can fit my makeup bag, smartphone, LV small agenda, iPad mini, keys with room to spare. the best thing about this bag is the front and back pockets, I can toss my phone and keys for convenience. The guitar strap is so fun and I like that it's removable. I'm thinking of buying one of Rebecca Minkoff's guitar straps and play around with it. I wish Marc Jacobs made separate straps so we can change them up when we feel like it.

The leather is also beautiful, smells wonderful, and is super soft. The bag is so well made and I love it! I highly recommend it to anyone!

It's gorgeous!! [emoji173]️ The white is my absolute favorite in these bags, but I sadly do not trust myself to treat it well. :sad:
The combo of the shape, color and stripes is SO good.

I bought the rectangular shoulder bag in black. Love the idea of changing out the strap! I thought about getting a chain strap to use with it.

Congratulations!

It's gorgeous!! [emoji173]️ The white is my absolute favorite in these bags, but I sadly do not trust myself to treat it well. :sad:
The combo of the shape, color and stripes is SO good.

I bought the rectangular shoulder bag in black. Love the idea of changing out the strap! I thought about getting a chain strap to use with it.

Congratulations!

Thank you ATL! I don't trust myself with white bags either, but I couldn't resist this saddle bag. It's just so pretty! I can't wait to buy more straps and change my bag up a little bit! I remembered buying a guitar strap on Etsy last year, I'm going to see how it'll look on my bag.

This is probably one of the best bags Marc has released for this new collection! I love, love the versatility!

Last edited:

Ooh pretty! Thanks for the photos, I've been so curious about the new line. How structured is the bag (does it hold its shape)?

Ooh pretty! Thanks for the photos, I've been so curious about the new line. How structured is the bag (does it hold its shape)?

No problem! So far the bag is keeping its shape. I don't see any signs of slouching just yet, but I won't know until I start breaking it in, though. But as of right now yeah, it's structured and standing upright. Hopefully it stays this way as it looks so pretty this way!

After a long Marc Jacobs hiatus... I'm back! This is my first MJ purchase in years... I had no idea what was going on with the brand until I visited the Mercer St store in Soho. I needed a casual bag so I got the Recruit saddle bag in Navy Blue. I like how the glazing is in Oxblood and gives it an interesting look. It looks similar to the Gotham but with an all leather strap.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456983225.635430.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456983240.286002.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456983251.869578.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456983264.368510.jpg