New Hermes Bag: 2018 24/24 Bag

Just got my 24/24 in 29 yesterday and I love it. They are two different bags. Depends on what you are looking for. 24/24 really suits my style and my needs. Brought it out to work today The strap that comes with 24/24 is too short to be worn cross body, only as shoulder bag and halzen is smaller and can be worn cross body.

Just got my 24/24 in 29 yesterday and I love it. They are two different bags. Depends on what you are looking for. 24/24 really suits my style and my needs. Brought it out to work today The strap that comes with 24/24 is too short to be worn cross body, only as shoulder bag and halzen is smaller and can be worn cross body.
Lets see some photo's!!:biggrin:

Reactions: Mousy
Little scared because I hear Barenia Faubourg doesn't do well with water as opposed to Barenia. Just need to keep my two kids far away from it haha.
View attachment 5007882
That hasn't been my experience, my BF Halzan is one of 2 "rain designated" H bags and no problems whatsoever. (I just am sure to not let it get drenched and wipe off any standing droplets once I get indoors.)

I've just joined the 24/24 club and want to chip in and say how functional this bag is as well. I love the back pocket! I know some have reservations about where the strap rings are and the shortness of the strap but I find it works well given where the bag sits when carried. It also allows me to swivel the bag towards my back and gives me more space to maneuver my arms when needed. That said I will still look for the right crossbody strap for when I need to free up both my arms.

I'm really glad I got the 24/24. I had been toying with the idea of another Kelly 28 in a classic H neutral as a workhorse bag but it just didn't feel right. I think the 24/24 provides the functionality without compromising on the H look.

The only thing is the clasp can be a little bit fiddly but honestly I don't know how they can make it less fiddly while trying to keep the spirit of the Birkin and Kelly.

I had been thinking about getting the mini before I got the 29. Now that I have the 29, I'm really glad I got this size - it really looks smaller than it is despite its depth. Attaching a comparison pic with my Kelly 28 for reference.

View attachment 4935591
What color is your 24/24?

I pulled the trigger on a gold w gold hardware 24/24 29 bag. I absolutely love it! So functional and so understated. So much so, I'm considering selling my other bags (Chanel classic flap (black shw), Loewe Puzzle (tan shw), Saint Laurent Baby Duffle (black gold hw)) for the black with gold hardware. Do we think that's a wise idea? Or should I hold on to my other bags?

Reactions: lifegetsbetterwithh
I pulled the trigger on a gold w gold hardware 24/24 29 bag. I absolutely love it! So functional and so understated. So much so, I'm considering selling my other bags (Chanel classic flap (black shw), Loewe Puzzle (tan shw), Saint Laurent Baby Duffle (black gold hw)) for the black with gold hardware. Do we think that's a wise idea? Or should I hold on to my other bags?
Bumping this up in case any one has a POV :biggrin:

Bumping this up in case any one has a POV :biggrin:
I think black/ghw is a beautiful, classic combo but I'd think about the versatility of 3 bags versus one. Not sure about the size you are considering but I think the more relaxed vibe of the 24/24 could be a good substitute for the Loewe puzzle and St Laurent duffle, but probably not for the Chanel classic flap. However, if you have another bag that has a similar function as the classic flap, I'd say go for it! I do prefer my 24/24 to my classic flap nowadays but that's probably due to the fact that I haven't dressed up properly for a long while!