New Gucci 1955 Horsebit Bag

Hi, I can’t get the 1955 horsebit out of my head……I was looking on the website and noticed another brown leather that looks lighter……besides looking lighter (top image), are there any other differences to the other brown leather (bottom image)? Does anyone have this newer brown leather horsebit 1955?

View attachment 5616343View attachment 5616345

Yes, new leather type/colour.

Also on a new Dionysus variation and other bags, looks GREAT!

Just wanted to update you all that I came to the final decision and bought...The Gucci Horsebit 1955 Mini Top Handle :loveeyes:!!!

I know a lot of people told me to get the Alma BB DE and thank you so much for your reply/advice :smile: I really appreciate it! So backstory, I was lucky enough to try both bags on in-store and the Alma is such a beautiful bag however when I wore it...it didn't feel right. It looked good but it didn't have the same pop as the Gucci Horsebit. I don't know how else to explain it but the Gucci Horsebit felt more like me. So it became clear to me that I needed to buy the Gucci hahahah

My first ever Gucci purchase and I LOVE IT

IMG_4317 (1).jpg

Just wanted to update you all that I came to the final decision and bought...The Gucci Horsebit 1955 Mini Top Handle :loveeyes:!!!

I know a lot of people told me to get the Alma BB DE and thank you so much for your reply/advice :smile: I really appreciate it! So backstory, I was lucky enough to try both bags on in-store and the Alma is such a beautiful bag however when I wore it...it didn't feel right. It looked good but it didn't have the same pop as the Gucci Horsebit. I don't know how else to explain it but the Gucci Horsebit felt more like me. So it became clear to me that I needed to buy the Gucci hahahah

My first ever Gucci purchase and I LOVE IT

View attachment 5643542

I know what you mean, Gucci does fantastic hardware, it's that little bit extra.

Congratulations!

Honestly I have heard a lot about the quality of Gucci recently
I myself got the camera bag and I am sending it back for inspection
I hope Harrods gives me credit note to buy from another brand as I can’t trust the quality anymore
I got a 1955 horsebit from selfridges and was really disappointed with the stitching. I showed a friend and she asked if it was a fake!!

Hello! I have a trip to London coming up in January and was considering taking my Mini Gucci Horsebit in canvas with me. I'm not sure if due to the weather this is a good idea... Any thoughts or recommendations?

I’m not used to the cold weather since I live in Florida.

Hello! I have a trip to London coming up in January and was considering taking my Mini Gucci Horsebit in canvas with me. I'm not sure if due to the weather this is a good idea... Any thoughts or recommendations?

I’m not used to the cold weather since I live in Florida.

Canvas was created for wet weather. Waxed canvas replaced leather at LV and the rest is luxury history.

We have had lots of rain recently but nothing like the rain I've experienced in Florida. It's not cold (yet) though, still 17C.

Reactions: jocyaltii
for those asking about the camera bag
I have it for 3 months now and I am not in love
1. It is too narrow and such a mission to find your stuff
2. The opening is small too to not the easiest to get in and out of
3. The glazing started to peel already

I haven’t tried other camera bags but I believe that the softer leather, less structured ones are more practical
I've been eyeing this bag for a while but now you've made me second guess my choice.. Would you mind showing photos of the peeling? TIA!

I've been eyeing this bag for a while but now you've made me second guess my choice.. Would you mind showing photos of the peeling? TIA!
Mine had a peeling issue too. Just a couple months after buying. I was so upset and almost took it to the Gucci store. Then it stopped and I haven’t had any issues since. Mine is 2 years old and is my daily bag. Also i do not find it hard to get in and out of. Very convenient actually.

Hi everybody :smile:
A few weeks ago I went to the Gucci store and looked the horsebit mini in two colors. I decided I liked the canvas with white leather trim. However, on a whim, after passing by the Louis Vuitton store, I blew my budget on a bag there, so I decided to look for a pre loved Gucci.

In the store and the pictures online, I thought the leather looked very WHITE. However, when I received my preloved back a few days ago, the leather looks to be more of a light tan (almost similar to the oatmeal color), which is making me question the authenticity of the bag. It’s from a reputable secondhand retailer and everything else about it aligns with authentic Gucci bags.

Can anyone share unedited pics of their white and canvas Gucci or offer up their opinions on the color of this bag? Maybe my memory (and the coloring on my phone screen when I’m looking at pics online) is off, but I thought the white leather would be much more stark white?

B73842E1-5013-49EF-B5FD-0BC242BF913F.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: skyqueen
Hi everybody :smile:
A few weeks ago I went to the Gucci store and looked the horsebit mini in two colors. I decided I liked the canvas with white leather trim. However, on a whim, after passing by the Louis Vuitton store, I blew my budget on a bag there, so I decided to look for a pre loved Gucci.

In the store and the pictures online, I thought the leather looked very WHITE. However, when I received my preloved back a few days ago, the leather looks to be more of a light tan (almost similar to the oatmeal color), which is making me question the authenticity of the bag. It’s from a reputable secondhand retailer and everything else about it aligns with authentic Gucci bags.

Can anyone share unedited pics of their white and canvas Gucci or offer up their opinions on the color of this bag? Maybe my memory (and the coloring on my phone screen when I’m looking at pics online) is off, but I thought the white leather would be much more stark white?

Joining the club today with my first Gucci bag! I originally went in to look at the shoulder bag… it was absolutely beautiful but I wanted something more casual. Then, thought I would walk out with the mini… But it was just not as practical as this one. I think the camera bag just so cute! It’s perfect for me as an every day bag because I am a mom to a toddler so I need something durable that goes with my more casual outfits… but still wanted it to feel special! Also that price point was very nice considering luxury bags seem to be so expensive nowadays.

F15EDC85-FD18-4356-A1FB-D02D796E67C8.jpeg

B6C0B3E0-8AD6-4C73-8FD0-A378C8E60EB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Joining the club today with my first Gucci bag! I originally went in to look at the shoulder bag… it was absolutely beautiful but I wanted something more casual. Then, thought I would walk out with the mini… But it was just not as practical as this one. I think the camera bag just so cute! It’s perfect for me as an every day bag because I am a mom to a toddler so I need something durable that goes with my more casual outfits… but still wanted it to feel special! Also that price point was very nice considering luxury bags seem to be so expensive nowadays.

View attachment 5743174

View attachment 5743176
Looks great on you! Congrats! I’m thinking about purchasing the same bag. I purchased and returned the leather versions in black and brown but keep thinking about the practicality of the bag. The monogram goes with anything casual and is perfect when you have young children.

Looks great on you! Congrats! I’m thinking about purchasing the same bag. I purchased and returned the leather versions in black and brown but keep thinking about the practicality of the bag. The monogram goes with anything casual and is perfect when you have young children.
Thank you! Yes, I love the durability of the canvas which lends to the carefree nature of this bag. The middle pocket (behind the front flap) is my favorite for quick and easy access to items!

One thing of note: I noticed some slight chips in the protective coating on the front leather flap. Brought it to the Gucci store and they replaced it with a new one, no issues. Granted, I was within the 14 day return window... but I recommend giving the bag a good onceover before you leave the store.

Reactions: earthygirl