New Brand - Arayla Made in LA

I hope I can actually get them! Mia said she will confirm on Friday.
I wonder if the Orchid will look a bit like the Balenciaga Amethyst color IRL (I noticed that you have Bals in your Avatar so figured you might know that reference). Sometimes it looks that shade to me on the website. hard to tell.

I wonder if the Orchid will look a bit like the Balenciaga Amethyst color IRL (I noticed that you have Bals in your Avatar so figured you might know that reference). Sometimes it looks that shade to me on the website. hard to tell.
The pink Bal in my avatar is actually 2008 Amethyst. From what TotinScience posted, it looks like Orchid is not nearly as bright as the website pictures make it appear but is still a nice purple, which is fine with me, I like all the purples!

Reactions: Kimbashop
The pink Bal in my avatar is actually 2008 Amethyst. From what TotinScience posted, it looks like Orchid is not nearly as bright as the website pictures make it appear but is still a nice purple, which is fine with me, I like all the purples!

I thought it might be but wasn't sure! I love all the purples, too. Amethyst has been on my list for a while.

Reactions: piosavsfan
Reactions: southernbelle43
I just received my fawn Nightingale. I am very pleased. The color is great, the rolled edges and heavier stitching bring the bag to a new level. As always, there is no way to get the color to show correctly, but the first one below is the closest to reality. I have no regrets over trading my black one and getting this fawn one.
View attachment 4334705 View attachment 4334706 View attachment 4334707
Love the new look! I think the folded edges really make it look more polished and expensive.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Love the new look! I think the folded edges really make it look more polished and expensive.

They really do. However, I just found something I do not like at all. I thought one of the best things about the original Nightingale were the short handles. They were so soft and spongy and so comfortable to carry. They just melted into your palm.
I just picked this one up and they feel thicker, stiffer and not nearly as comfortable, sigh. It is a little thing, but it makes me sad that those handles, which I had never had on any other bag, and one of the reasons I bought another one, are not on this one. Love it.

Or in all fairness, in looking at them it may well be that the folded edges pulled the leather a lot tighter and make them stiffer. So I guess it is a trade-off. Nevertheless, great bag, great price.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
They really do. However, I just found something I do not like at all. I thought one of the best things about the original Nightingale were the short handles. They were so soft and spongy and so comfortable to carry. They just melted into your palm.
I just picked this one up and they feel thicker, stiffer and not nearly as comfortable, sigh. It is a little thing, but it makes me sad that those handles, which I had never had on any other bag, and one of the reasons I bought another one, are not on this one. Love it.

Or in all fairness, in looking at them it may well be that the folded edges pulled the leather a lot tighter and make them stiffer. So I guess it is a trade-off. Nevertheless, great bag, great price.
I would imagine its the rolled edges. More leather, more stitching. But they'll probably soften up to a degree...

Reactions: southernbelle43

I think you are probably right about that -- the rolled edges make a firmer handle. I think though that this will soften up with time and use. I do love the rolled edges, particularly on such a light color. It looks refined and elegant.

Now I'm seriously interested in getting one even though I'm on Ban Island *sigh*.

Reactions: muchstuff