New bags - Do they feel like your own right away or no?

Do you feel instantly acquainted with your bag and feels a part of you and your collection right away?
No. The papillon 26 was a mistake. The petit bucket straps were too short. The Manhattan though--- THAT bag felt like it was mine!!! I love that the handles are bigger than the speedy's handles....

Do you take a bit of time to acquaint yourself with it and really feel its YOUR bag?
Yes- my speedy went out today with me for the first time and it's a lot roomier than you'd expect. I'm glad I had my purseket in it!

Do you ever feel it just never feels like its yours, no matter how often you use it?
Papillon and bucket felt this way--- no matter when.

Do you need to take it certain places before you really feel you have brought it into your life?
No-

Do you ever never feel a bag is yours?
Not really- because I have never been into a boutique and the nearest one is 1500 miles away.... people would think I was crazy to drive down...I'd perhaps feel a bit crazy too, but if I had the money to spend I'd drive... or fly, but driving might make it so much more special... plus I haven't been to the Market in so long or the Space Needle to eat or Ivars on the Pier..... I miss SEA

Have you anticipated a bag so much that by the time you get it you already feel like old friends?
OMG- Manhattan definitly and my Speedy---!!

None or several of the above? Anything about specific bags?
Handles are so important to me, I need a shoulder bag and a few hand bags. Feet are important to me and that's why I'm disappointed that the bucket didn't have longer handles

That is a really interesting question! I am probably kind of strange in that it takes me a while to get "acquainted" with my bags. I spend a fair bit of time obsessing over certain ones (some more than others, of course) and try to find as much info/pics online as I can. Then when I go to the store, my mind is generally already made up although the bag still feels like a new acquaintance! Usually I will spend the first day playing with it, trying it on, looking at it inside & out, taking the stuffing in & out, putting my things inside, you know what I mean! Then depending on what the bag was purchased for (everyday as opposed to special occasion), I will take it out for the first time and either use it to bits or store it carefully in its dust bag in my closet. So I guess it takes me some time to get familiar with my bags but once we get to know each other, it's like we were never strangers! (Kind of like dating & proceeding to marriage or something!)

hmm- as soon as I buy them, I feel like they're mine. But my affinity for them varies- some are "love at first sight", others I grow to love, and of course those I regret :Push:

Once I receive it, it's my bag :smile:

Of course it'll probably stay in the closet for a couple weeks before it gets used but it definitely feels like my bag when I first receive it.

Do you feel instantly acquainted with your bag and feels a part of you and your collection right away? Some yes, some no

Do you take a bit of time to acquaint yourself with it and really feel its YOUR bag? Most of them no, but for my Manhattan PM yes. At first I didn't use it for 1-2 months, then all of a sudden I started to love it more and now it's my favourite bag

Do you ever feel it just never feels like its yours, no matter how often you use it? ummm... some yes, some no eg. MC Speedy still seems a bit awkward on me, even though I know I LOVE it lol. I guess I'm not a very "showy" person in terms of material items (ya... I was the big show off in high school tho lol:smartass: ), so Mr MC speedy doesn't really go well with my personality

Do you need to take it certain places before you really feel you have brought it into your life? for some, yes

Do you ever never feel a bag is yours? Yes, as mentioned before the MC Speedy. Oh right, 'my' Onatah Cuir GM seems like it's my mom's... Iono... I guess it's a quite an elegant bag, and I'm not elegant lol

Have you anticipated a bag so much that by the time you get it you already feel like old friends? Yes my first LV bag

None or several of the above? umm they all apply to me, just that some bags are "different"
Anything about specific bags? see above

The only bag that I have ever just immediately adjusted to is my baggy GM in blue. It was an immediate perfect fit and so comfortable to wear. My cerises speedy is another that is sooo me for reasons that have nothing to do with comfort tho. I have yet to tote my miroirs but I'm hoping they will also be like the cerises since I love flashy stuff. I also loved one of my first LVs- a papillon 30 monogram. Ease of use had nothing to do with it, just the way I felt when carrying it.
The Aurelia GM I just got still does not feel right after a few wears. It really just depends on the bag. I have a trouville that I absolutely despise toting. Depite years of owning it, it doesnt feel right toting it. My MC speedy 30 did feel great tho, so I know it's not just the pattern.
Congrats on your bag being perfect for you!

I had wanted my damier speedy for so long that when I did get it; she was my baby straight away. the neo, im half way there, i think its because im more scared to use her; im sure we will be fine in a week or so!

I felt like my first bag wasen't "mine" right away. I didn't really feel like using it and had it in my room for a couple of weeks. But as I got more, I feel like they're "ready, mine and usable " right away increasingly. I think it's also because the excitement of getting LV stuff goes down aftetr a while too.

Never really considered this too much but now that you mention it, I have a couple of them that I'm not too excited about every time their "turn" comes up to be carried.
I traded my Manhattan PM to someone who badly wanted one. I have no regrets about that trade because I went for several of her accessories & I'm extremely happy with my end of the trade!
I have more bags I'll probably try to trade or sell once I am on this board enough to qualify for the marketplaza!