New bag with STIFF leather? Let's discuss!

Just keep on carrying it, other than hanging it on a doorknob and putting books in it (which I am hesitant to because I don't want to stress the handles), that's pretty much the only way. Plus, I enjoy seeing/feeling my bag breaking down and getting softer!

Use it, or if its a thick super structured leather and you want it slouchy, fill it with items similar to what you'd carry in your purse (put lots of change in a coin purse for weight) and then hang it for a few days...

I say either use it, or (how I broke in my wine nikki last year), hand it on a door nob with your usual stuff in it, maybe add a makeup bag or something for a little more weight. I hung it at night and wore it during the day for 2-3 days, and it was so much better.

I think something similar would work for the devote. Just make sure to not put too much weight in it or else you could shorten the life of your bag.

Thanks ladies! I did think of filling it with stuff and hanging it, but I was afraid I'd shorten the life of my dear bag! Anyway I think I'll go the slow way and just use it til it eventually breaks in..

I find Nikkis to be annoying when I first get them. The strap is mad short and I always feel like it is strangling my arm. So to remedy this situation I put like 4 or 5 cans of soup in the bag and let it hang from my bed post for about 4 days. It works like a charm to soften up a stiff strap. This coupled with folding the top down during the process has solved the "Arm Choking Nikki Dilemma"