New bag with STIFF leather? Let's discuss!

For people who love reinforced bottoms you will LOVE the devote tote!! It is a perfect specimen.

If you want a Speedy and don't want to have a saggy bottom then just get the Speedy base shaper.. it works miracles!

Thanks for that info - that would be such a helpful tool for me.

I know this sounds crazy, but b/c I hate the saggy bottom I used to use Girl Scout Cookie boxes in my Speedy to keep it in shape. Not only did it do the trick, but I always had Thin Mints to snack on! Weird, I know. ;)

I'm sorry if there is already threads about this, I tried to to a search and found out it was too many words..

I am thinking about buying a Nikki but when I tried it on it was like a friggin armpit bag! I want it to be comfy under my arm, not tight..

So I was wondering how you get it to break in properly so it smooshes down?

TIA!

A lot, and I mean, a lot of the girls load their bags with heavy stuff, and hang it off a door handle. I carry quite a bit in my bags so it smooshed on its own quickly. I love the Nikki! Hope you buy one soon!!!

I think most of the girls that discussed this pretty much talked about it in their own reveals!

Here are a few threads it was discussed in... pretty much its been all over the place, but the major consensus is to stuff your bag with some weight, and then hang it on a door knob, and fold it down the way you want it to slouch. Either hang it every night for a week or two, or let it hang straight for a week and it will slouch great, and just get better as you wear and break it in on your own!

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...arlet-nikki-437365.html?highlight=stiff+nikki

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...ets-discuss-423739.html?highlight=stiff+nikki

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-...-mint-nikki-425388.html?highlight=stiff+nikki

I just got a Sunshine Nikki, and I was about to send it back, because it didn't slouch at all! Then I searched the Nikki chat/picture thread, and realized that I could try sticking some heavy objects in her to "break her in." It's only been less than twelve hours, and she's looking better already!

I agree with Courtney about the smooshiness of leather - there's a point where it's too much. I like structure in a bag like the MAB or MAM, and I'd appreciate if it would have structure when I'm wearing it. When I set it down on its own, though, it can puddle all it wants. I'm glad RM makes the pockets a bit deep, because my phone/Palm usually falls out of other shallower pockets.

To Solve the Saggy Speedy Problem: I HATE saggy Speedy bottoms, so I searched on eBay and bought a great shaper/organizer for my Speedy 30, and it's been perfectly structured ever since with 5-extra pockets to boot! If someone wants to know more, PM me for details.

As long as the bag is good quality, the leather is soft, or gets soft, I'm happy. I prefer soft, smooshy leather, but let's face it. some of my bags would look atrocious with such smooshy leather. Like I said as long as the bag is made well and the leather is good quality, I'm good:cool:.

I actually just bought a pool mam a few weeks back and was disappointed at how tough and unsmooshy the leather was. After half a dozen times use, it is puddling and soft. But the quality is still amazing. I don't think that a puddling, smooshy bag neccisarily means poor quality or fragile leather that won't last a while. I've had my bbw mam for over a year and I bought it used! It is by far the smooshiest mam I have, but it still shows no signs of wear!! Amazing:love:

I like my bags with stiff-er leather. I am not a puddle lover. I need my bags to be able to stand up to some street combat. I don't like a bag to lose it's shape once I put it down.
I guess that is why I am not into the Nikki. I like structure. My night mattie has never seen the light of day because it is too smooshy I feel like it's too delicate to use.

Come to think of it, I have all stiff-er leathers, hazelnut, eggplant, cloud grey, iris, cobalt metallic.

Hi girls! I'm looking for advice to break in my first RM bag without destroying it! I've read on the forum that girls with Nikkis or MNs just hang them on a doorknob and fold the flap over to get the Nikki into its slouchy shape...I've also read that someone carried the bag for a week straight to get the leather to break in. I'm trying to break in my new Mini Devote, and I'm not sure how I should go about doing it? Any general tips? Thanks!