Food Nespresso

^ Did you get a sample pack with your machine? It's the best way to know what you like. I only make lattes and I use both lungo and espresso capsules. I just use the lungo setting for all the capsules.

My favorites pods are the: Fortissio lungo, and the Ristretto and Arpeggio espresso's.

I didn't like the hazlenut either, I have a sleeve and a half left and have been making them for visitors. I still haven't tried the coconut from that seasonal series.

Yes, some gorgeous flavours !. Nespresso has been one our best purchases, we didn't drink much coffee before, but we've used our machine every day since we got it 3 months ago, and hubby loves trying all the new flavours whenever we go to the boutique :smile:

Is there any official ranking of the flavors by popularity? Just interested because we bought a Nespresso machine 1 week ago for our start up and have a 70€ voucher. As both my boss and me aren't really coffee fans I'm wondering what to buy or rather what not to buy (for clients and other visitors)... there are 21 Grand crus right now and the voucher would be enough for 18-19. So what are the least popular ones? lol

Is there any official ranking of the flavors by popularity? Just interested because we bought a Nespresso machine 1 week ago for our start up and have a 70€ voucher. As both my boss and me aren't really coffee fans I'm wondering what to buy or rather what not to buy (for clients and other visitors)... there are 21 Grand crus right now and the voucher would be enough for 18-19. So what are the least popular ones? lol

I love most flavors. However I have to say some are really tiring. For instance, caramelito was my favorite and now I would rather choose something else. Vanillo and the chocolate one I'm not too keen on

Fortissimo lungo goes amazingly well with milk.

Roma used to be my #1 favorite a few years back, now I would rather choose arpeggio or ristretto when I want strong coffee.

Never understood the hype over dulcao, some people rave about it, I'm ok with it.

I say get a decent amount of decaf and a few others for milk and others for plain. Hth!

I own a Latissima Plus and I love it. When I want something milder and more volume, I run a pod as lungo and then run the same pod again as espresso. When you do this, you can see there's still quite a bit of flavor that comes out during the second run. Also remember you can customize the amount of water by pressing on the button until the desired amount. :okay:

I have the Pixie and aeroccino and do this too. It's the perfect amount and I use my favourite 400ml cup.

I love most flavors. However I have to say some are really tiring. For instance, caramelito was my favorite and now I would rather choose something else. Vanillo and the chocolate one I'm not too keen on

Fortissimo lungo goes amazingly well with milk.

Roma used to be my #1 favorite a few years back, now I would rather choose arpeggio or ristretto when I want strong coffee.

Never understood the hype over dulcao, some people rave about it, I'm ok with it.

I say get a decent amount of decaf and a few others for milk and others for plain. Hth!
Thanks for the recommendations! In the end I took everything apart from 4 flavors lol

Thanks for the recommendations! In the end I took everything apart from 4 flavors lol

My favorite is Cappricco. It's an emerald green and a rich taste without bitterness or acid.

I also love the Caramelo of the flavored ones.

If I had to pick a third favorite, it would be a toss between Ristretto and Dulsao. Both are on opposite ends of the spectrum but are equally wonderful. That's why I love Cappriccio so much - it's like a blend of those two.

My favorite is Cappricco. It's an emerald green and a rich taste without bitterness or acid.

I also love the Caramelo of the flavored ones.

If I had to pick a third favorite, it would be a toss between Ristretto and Dulsao. Both are on opposite ends of the spectrum but are equally wonderful. That's why I love Cappriccio so much - it's like a blend of those two.

Thanks for the recommendations! :smile:

My current fave is the Linizio Lungo, but to be honest I can't taste that much of a difference between the coffees... maybe if I drank them one after another, but then I would have trouble sitting still :lol:

My favourite is Kazaar. When it first came out as a limited edition in 2010 I was so bumbed that I didn't get the chance to buy more. They sold out in a flash and was even sold on Ebay for five times the money. Finally we found a whole case of them in Paris and brought home with us. When they came out again in 2012 we stocked up the first day. So happy its permanent now.

Thanks for the recommendations! :smile:

My current fave is the Linizio Lungo, but to be honest I can't taste that much of a difference between the coffees... maybe if I drank them one after another, but then I would have trouble sitting still :lol:

There is a new one that was just released! A single origin. Hopefully it is less intense and stomach destroying than the last few :lol:

I'm going to Bloomingdales tomorrow to get a few sleeves and shall report back ;)

Just ordered my "u"! Crate and Barrel made me a free sample of espresso last week. Delicious! They are running some discounts on purchases made today. I ordered a "u" bundle with the frother and there is a $75 nespresso coffee club credit included with the bundle for a limited time.

I just called nespresso and they have a welcome offer that can get me a free dispenser if I buy their 200 capsule variety pack (or something like that). I can use my $75 credit toward the welcome offer (I think).

So excited! No more watery coffee!

I am so in love with this thing!

I started making coffee ice cream this morning. Had to heat up the egg/cream/sugar/coffee mixture because the coffee would make it too icy if I did not use eggs. (That's what the Internet said.) I'll finish making the ice cream tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm in cappuccino heaven! I still have some international delight (chocolate caramel) left over from my other coffee, so I pour that in the bottom of the cup with sweetener, add a lungo, then aeroccino whole organic milk and top it off with a few mini chocolate chips that nestle in the cloud of milk foam. OMG! :cloud9:

Then I take it out to my deck overlooking the view of the hills and trees, listen to the birds sing in perfect 60 degree spring weather while my dog sits on the bistro table next to me and leans his head affectionately over my arm to get a good whiff of the heavenly concoction. :smile: (Must protect coffee from dog.)

I'm loving the espressos too! It's hard to stop at one, but I must. It's weird to have amazing coffee first thing in the morning with so little work.

I went out and bought myself a cappuccino cup to enhance the experience:

image.jpg

Who needs Starbucks when you can have the perfect coffee in the perfect (non-paper) cup with the perfect view in the company of the dogs you love? I feel like I'm on vacation every morning.

(No, I don't work for the manufacturer.)

^^^ This is just how I feel! I start every day sitting outside, listening to the birds - Doris the stray cat eating her breakfast as I sip an Arpeggio or an Indira.
The Nespresso is one of the best things I've ever bought.
It wouldn't occur to me to buy a Starbucks coffee anymore - the coffee I can have at home is way better.
I also bought a cup specifically for my Nespresso machine. Here it is!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402212452.168230.jpg

How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
Robert A. Heinlein