Food Nespresso

aa12 said:
Is it dumb that I already own a keurig machine and would like a nespresso? Is there essentially a difference between the two to justify both or are they actually different?

If someone could chime in I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Completely different. Keurig makes coffee. Nespresso makes espresso...so you can make lattes and cappuccinos and cafe americano. I also love to use it to make an iced americano. :smile:

So it isn't ridiculous to have both? I appreciate your advice!

I have both and love both. The Nespresso capsules I use when I need an extra boost weekday mornings or as a treat on weekends. The Keurig is sort of my "workhorse" coffee maker, as the k-cups are cheaper/less intense.

aa12 said:
So it isn't ridiculous to have both? I appreciate your advice!

We have both as well.

DH likes big cups of coffee so he uses the vue. I'm not a fan and actually prefer the original Keurig. I prefer espresso so I use the nespresso. However, he is converting to the nespresso.

Yay I also have the keurig and nespresso cube. Love both machines. I think I've had the nespresso machine for 2 years now maybe more. BEST espresso I've ever tasted! In my home we usually stock up on arpeggio( all my older Italian family members love this) , and my favorites are livanto and dulcao, the seasonal ones are usually good too. Sometimes ill take a trip to the Madison shop to pick up or else their shipping is really quick. I preach about nespresso to almost everyone haha.

Yay I also have the keurig and nespresso cube. Love both machines. I think I've had the nespresso machine for 2 years now maybe more. BEST espresso I've ever tasted! In my home we usually stock up on arpeggio( all my older Italian family members love this) , and my favorites are livanto and dulcao, the seasonal ones are usually good too. Sometimes ill take a trip to the Madison shop to pick up or else their shipping is really quick. I preach about nespresso to almost everyone haha.

I have a Cube too! :biggrin:

I still think it's one of the coolest looking Nespresso machines they have come out with. My mom got the newest one with the milk foamer built into the front (and the coffee and milk shoot into the cup back to back,) but, as great as it is... I think it's a little unattractive.

Tiare said:
I bought around 40 sleeves of the Hazelnut. I love it :biggrin:

The perm Grand Crus... hmm, I'd have to say Indriya is my all around favorite.

Just tried indriya today - I got that 200 capsule intro package. I must say it is fantastic!

I own a Latissima Plus and I love it. When I want something milder and more volume, I run a pod as lungo and then run the same pod again as espresso. When you do this, you can see there's still quite a bit of flavor that comes out during the second run. Also remember you can customize the amount of water by pressing on the button until the desired amount. :okay:

I have the grand maestra (started with a Citiz years ago) and I do the same thing each morning! There is more flavor left in the pod - so one push on lungo and then one push on espresso.

I think the coffee that these machines produce is mellow and mild - I really can't have standard coffee pot coffee anymore after drinking Nespresso for so long.

I have the grand maestra (started with a Citiz years ago) and I do the same thing each morning! There is more flavor left in the pod - so one push on lungo and then one push on espresso.

I think the coffee that these machines produce is mellow and mild - I really can't have standard coffee pot coffee anymore after drinking Nespresso for so long.

Which color did you choose? How do you like it compared to your other nespresso machines?

Which color did you choose? How do you like it compared to your other nespresso machines?

I have the platinum color -

the pros:

holds more water than the Citiz
holds more used capsules, with NO leaking
looks nice

the cons:

pre-set beverage measures - I preferred being able to set the pull with the Citiz
the cup heater does not fit any of my latte cups - since I use this for coffee/lattes, and not espresso
takes up a lot of counter space

Loving our Lattissima Plus! About to order some pods. . . I only drink lattes, anyone else?
Favorite latte flavors?
My friend isn't sold on the hazelnut so she gave me about 5-6, I'll try one tomorrow.