Need help for first luxury watch-- Rolex or Cartier?

freshie2096

Addicted to Cartier
Sep 11, 2011
Hi all tPF members,

I need your help please.

As you can see from the title, I'm going to getting my first luxury watch, how exciting:P but I wasn't sure should get Rolex or Cartier?

Cartier ballon bleu de Cartier in 33mm
image.jpg2_zpspx5xubz0.jpg

Rolex oyster ever rose in 36mm
image.jpg1_zpspvfshg1s.jpg

Any advise please? Thanks in advance!

Hi!
Even though I love the ballon bleu, I think that you should get the Rolex. The ever rose is gorgeous and the oyster bracelet is sophisticated. The Rolex is also more hard wearing- more water resistant and automatic

If you are going to spend this much on a watch, then certainly the Rolex Daydate in Everose is THE choice! Although the Ballon Bleu is a beautiful watch, a gold Rolex Daydate is...well, a gold Rolex daydate...there is nothing more to say...
I envy you :smile:

Reactions: Cogmarks
Hi!
Even though I love the ballon bleu, I think that you should get the Rolex. The ever rose is gorgeous and the oyster bracelet is sophisticated. The Rolex is also more hard wearing- more water resistant and automatic

I am in agreement. And adding to these reasons, it has a date. Now that I have a watch with a date... I can't go back.

I have both brands and Rolex is by far my favorite of the two. I love the quality of the watch and the movement of the second hand is just beautiful. If I could have only one watch it would be a Rolex hands down. It is also lighter on my wrist and more comfortable to wear. Definitely try both of these models out for yourself. [emoji6]

I think Rolex has more experience in watch making but personally I tend more to Cartier. I own almost 20 Cartier watches and think about more extensions for my Cartier collection. I think it's more a matter of taste. Cartier and Rolex are great companies but if it comes to discuss techniques, Rolex is probably the better choice.

Reactions: Cogmarks