NBC sued for 100 mil for catching a predator too well

^^ I agree - but thats her/his opinion. There is a lot of people that think the same way this person does and it really makes me upset, angry and disgusted too that they would take the pedos side and defend them by saying Oh they were abused when they were a child or they are mentally ill ....blah blah...is a bunch of bolonie..... they are sick and they are pervs and they def know what they are doing is Illegal.

You have no idea how many blogs their is regarding this and how many people defend this pervs and the excuses that they give as of why they do this.

It jus makes me think - What is going on with this world?

The guy that shot himself...why did he have a gun ready to blow his own head off? He must of known he was going to do something inappropriate, no?

The ones that show up at the houses know exactly what they are doing. They are sorry for getting caught, not for what they are doing!

It's nice to see the legal aspect brought up, but sometimes the law isn't always fair!

If anyone here were to sign onto AOL, MSN, Yahoo, etc chat rooms, especially if you have a screen name with an age, like say "Cindy13Femme", do you know what comes out of the woodwork??? Even if you use "Johnnie12Boy", sickos will come out and IM you. I know this because of little cousins I have. One time I was checking my email on one of my little cousins computer. As soon as I went into the chat rooms as them, I got like 40 IMs at once! I am sure they were all after talk about video games, NOT! I made my little cousins change their screen names and told them to block anyone who IM'd them that they didn't know.

I was speaking for all the parents, grandmothers,grandfathers,aunts, uncles...it really upsets me to hear people defending these scum bags. I myself am an aunt and I love my sister's kids as if they were my own. Why would anyone be against this show? That show serves a purpose..a good one at it!

As a parent of a young child I am very happy to know that shows like Dateline are out there looking for sickos that prey on young kids. So what if these weirdos are embarrassed when their sick A**es are caught on video and they cry and beg and whine that they never meant to do it, that they are married, they have a girlfriend, kids the age they came to assault and a thousand other excuses. They show up with Liquor, drugs, condoms, and lord knows what else. These people arrested have been teachers, scout leaders, coaches, cops, military people and could very well be your neighbor. This heightens awareness that there are sickos preying on our youngsters all the time!!! They could be circling your
neighborhood right now.

I don't think anyone here is defending these guys. I most certainly am NOT. I am, however, concerned with the practices, and that is all. Of course, you can visit their site and read what they post to defend their practices. Do you think they're going to post "Yeah, we doctor documents and lure men in under false pretenses" under the FAQ? Come on. That is the issue, that they're lying about their processes.
Obviously this is a touchy subject that brings out loads of emotion, but you have to seperate yourself from that and look at it from the Judicial side of things and how we must keep an even and firm hand over the processes used to convict and prosecute criminals. It doesn't matter if it's pedophelia or drug bust, entrapment is entrapment. If these men would have never committed this act without the coercion and convincing of an agent, then it's entrapment...plain and simple. You might not agree, but it's a principle foundation of how our justice system is built and therefore should be held with respect.

Charles I understand what you are saying. I also understand that everything isn't black or white. I personally don't think these guys have to be coerced. Especially if the majority of the men are the ones doing the approaching to who they think is a minor. To me, even chatting with a child of 12 or 13 on line about sex constitutes a perverted individual even if they never ever meet up with the child. A "normal" person does not get his kicks and thrills from children. Even on this forum, many should be mindfull what is said because there are minors on this board. Not saying there are any pedophiles here, I'm just saying, you never know who is on the other side of the screen.

What about the repeat offenders that admit to seeing the show and yet still show up?

The guy that shot himself...why did he have a gun ready to blow his own head off? He must of known he was going to do something inappropriate, no?
</p>Well, in all fairness, it WAS Texas, so everyone already has a gun. J/K, trying to lightening the mood a little. I agree with Charles, none of the posts are defending the actions of a pedophile. The debate is how is NBC gathering the evidence, and whether its aggressive tactics are lawful. Gris posted this article yesterday, which I think is worth reading about some of the questionable practices of the show. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0529071nbc1.html

I don't think anyone here is defending these guys. I most certainly am NOT. I am, however, concerned with the practices, and that is all. Of course, you can visit their site and read what they post to defend their practices. Do you think they're going to post "Yeah, we doctor documents and lure men in under false pretenses" under the FAQ? Come on. That is the issue, that they're lying about their processes.
Obviously this is a touchy subject that brings out loads of emotion, but you have to seperate yourself from that and look at it from the Judicial side of things and how we must keep an even and firm hand over the processes used to convict and prosecute criminals. It doesn't matter if it's pedophelia or drug bust, entrapment is entrapment. If these men would have never committed this act without the coercion and convincing of an agent, then it's entrapment...plain and simple.

But the problem is is that if it wasn't dateline on the other end - it would have been someone's child.

You might not agree, but it's a principle foundation of how our justice system is built and therefore should be held with respect.

:yes:

</p>Well, in all fairness, it WAS Texas, so everyone already has a gun. J/K, trying to lightening the mood a little. I agree with Charles, none of the posts are defending the actions of a pedophile. The debate is how is NBC gathering the evidence, and whether its aggressive tactics are lawful. Gris posted this article yesterday, which I think is worth reading about some of the questionable practices of the show. http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0529071nbc1.html

I read this - unless they lied and said "I'm 18" then I don't care what tactics they used. We are forgetting about one important thing here FREE CHOICE!
These guys choose to do this - plain and simple.