Nail Care chat thread!

Ever since I've joined this forum I've started to pay more attention to my nails. What's a good cuticle oil that you girls would recommend? I currently have Sally Hansen's "Vitamin E Nail and Cuticle Oil" but wanted to know what's the best. Another question, what is your daily/weekly care routine on your nails? I know everyone has individual needs but sometimes different products and the different ways they are applied might help me find the routine that is right for "me" :biggrin:

I personally love Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream. The little tin is perfect for the purse.

Can anybody ID the nail polish the models were wearing in the Rebecca Minkoff Runway Show today?? It's the prettiest aqua shade and a perfect match to a bag I have. Thanks!

I am a newbie here but love nails, thing is mine are looking woeful at the moment, ragged cuticles, ridges on my nails and they are all odd lengths, I am going to do myself a manicure tonight, get them all to the same length which will be short, then put a nice pale polish on them which won't draw too much attention to them.
I find that I take more care of my hands and nails when I have polish on them but they have been bare for so long now they look awful!
I have got some beautiful A-England polishes coming in the mail and I really want them to look nice!

I am a newbie here but love nails, thing is mine are looking woeful at the moment, ragged cuticles, ridges on my nails and they are all odd lengths, I am going to do myself a manicure tonight, get them all to the same length which will be short, then put a nice pale polish on them which won't draw too much attention to them.
I find that I take more care of my hands and nails when I have polish on them but they have been bare for so long now they look awful!
I have got some beautiful A-England polishes coming in the mail and I really want them to look nice!

I am the same way...I take much better care of my nails when they have polish on them. I don't want to mess them up something that I spent so much time on! :smile:

I wonder if your cuticles would like coconut oil...my cuticles love it so much!

I tend to go through phases when it comes to nail polish. I can't stand the smell though so my nails are mainly left naked and buffed. I really enjoy cooking, baking and gardening so my nails are better at fingertip length (not much white showing).

My routine is file nails every few days, exfoliate once a week, buff once a week and apply hand balm to my nails, cuticles and backs of hands a few times a day particularly at night. My nails are stronger and no longer peel because I don't apply nail products like I used to in my teens.