MZ Wallace Bags (Opinions on MZ Wallace Bags, Part 2)

Anyone bought anything new recently? I'm still eyeing the Silver Reflective Small Empire and the sequinned Small Sutton! Halp!
I haven't bought anything new from them lately. I have been focusing on using the bags I have. I did pick up a woven neoprene bag to try, but that is not Mz. I am waiting to see what the next drop is. I like the look of the reflective small empire online but have not seen it in person. I also love a small Sutton but I don't have one with sequins. Sorry not much help.

Reactions: ms p and BUIGOVA
Can I ask what everyone’s opinion of MZ Wallace quality is like. I’m in the UK and thinking of making my first purchase of a Metro tote in either medium or large (like that the price includes customs and taxes). However, I have never seen the bags in the flesh….ive just done loads of research on YouTube and the internet…..I keep seeing reviews of peoples bags peeling, holes etc. I don’t want to purchase something and then feel like something will go wrong soon and be trying to sort it out from a different country!. Thank you

Can I ask what everyone’s opinion of MZ Wallace quality is like. I’m in the UK and thinking of making my first purchase of a Metro tote in either medium or large (like that the price includes customs and taxes). However, I have never seen the bags in the flesh….ive just done loads of research on YouTube and the internet…..I keep seeing reviews of peoples bags peeling, holes etc. I don’t want to purchase something and then feel like something will go wrong soon and be trying to sort it out from a different country!. Thank you
The only ones that ever peeled were older metallic styles. I have the newer matallics and have had no problems. I have never had a hole in the metro fabric , I also never wear Velcro/ hook and loop clothing with it. I also don’t let my bags rub against brick walls. Overall I really like there bags. They are light weight and easy to use. I have had the rare occasion where I was not thrilled with a bag but overall I really like them and have quite a few.

Hi!
I wanted to ask you: I need a trolley sleeve bag for my RMS Hermes carry on trolley. I’m traveling to Asia and will take the train, so I need something hands free on top since I am traveling with 2 kids, I am shipping my luggage but taking hand luggage with essentials for the first night. I usually travel with naghedi but they don’t have the trolley sleeve and so I was looking into trolley sleeve bags. For my oldest daughter (7) I bought the calpak Luka, but it’s too simple for me. I Came across this brand and since I’m not US based is completely new to me. Would you recommend the large metro tote deluxe or the large box tote?

I carry nothing else anymore. My first, older era quilted bag has held up completely. A newer quilted bag I managed to snag the lining, maybe I’ve broken one quilt stitch out of alllll the bags I own and use. Like dcooney notes, helpful to not rub against brick walls and anything similar, though if you accidentally do it’ll probably be fine. Avoid velcro especially for the stitches.

I’ve seen some ridiculously damaged bags people try to sell. The type of wear to cause that surely would also wreck a leather bag. With leather if it’s black or brown at least you can take a polish to it. I think the styles that have edger corners like box totes will take more damage, just like leather (for example my couch cushions).

Reactions: MrsKTI
Hi!
I wanted to ask you: I need a trolley sleeve bag for my RMS Hermes carry on trolley. I’m traveling to Asia and will take the train, so I need something hands free on top since I am traveling with 2 kids, I am shipping my luggage but taking hand luggage with essentials for the first night. I usually travel with naghedi but they don’t have the trolley sleeve and so I was looking into trolley sleeve bags. For my oldest daughter (7) I bought the calpak Luka, but it’s too simple for me. I Came across this brand and since I’m not US based is completely new to me. Would you recommend the large metro tote deluxe or the large box tote?
Ooh naghedi‘s shape is gorgeous.

The box tote does not have a luggage sleeve. So metro tote deluxe seems to be your best option :smile:

Reactions: Zzinorangeland
Wanted to share observations about the mini empire tote. I haven’t carried it out yet, just packed it up and am still getting used to this new shape and config.

The collar pockets are shallower than on the micro metro. The epipen (jr) in the pictures JUST fits in the denim blue micro metro back collar pocket and the pocket can zip. In the micro Sutton it stands upright in a corner. This is important to me because although it’s unlikely, the tip cap accidentally coming off and sticking my finger is bad, don’t want the thing sitting sideways. It can live in the main compartment of the mini empire and the bag can still be just zipped, it’ll work. This all leads to the observation that the collar pocket openings are lower. The collar pockets are also simply shorter.

Overall the feel is again the tightness and compression I felt when it was empty. It’s a little hard to get into the inside pockets when all my normal stuff is in, at least compared to the micro Sutton because Sutton (whose zipper is all the way at the top) is just so open and easy. Still to see if mini empire or micro metro feels better. Love the look of both!

Attachments

• IMG_1017.jpeg
    IMG_1017.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1018.jpeg
    IMG_1018.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1016.jpeg
    IMG_1016.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 18
Random post. So yesterday I was at church and during the coffee hour one of the members knocked over their coffee and I had my newest bag on the table and it was soaked. I was worried that it would soak though especially with the quilting but it didn't. Granted it was not a lot of liquid but I was impressed.

Random post. So yesterday I was at church and during the coffee hour one of the members knocked over their coffee and I had my newest bag on the table and it was soaked. I was worried that it would soak though especially with the quilting but it didn't. Granted it was not a lot of liquid but I was impressed.
I am glad it was ok. I was expecting a nightmare scenario.

It'll be a heart attack moment for me haha. Which bag?

Has anyone gotten anything in pebble liquid? I am very intrigued. Though I can’t decide between the metro crossbody or the scout. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Do u have the scout style? I prefer EW bag usually. I return the walnut and black lacquer scout because near the main zipper tail area I find the zipper a bit hard to cross. But I've not read anyone else encounter this so maybe I'm the problem haha.

Do u have the scout style? I prefer EW bag usually. I return the walnut and black lacquer scout because near the main zipper tail area I find the zipper a bit hard to cross. But I've not read anyone else encounter this so maybe I'm the problem haha.
I have never had a scout. I have the quartz metro crossbody but was wondering if I would like scout for a bit more room. Though the zipper thing might annoy me too.