Mypoupette took my money .....

When you paid for MyPoupette did you pay with Paypal using a credit card? File a chargeback since Paypal could only recover $1.

Yes, I've done so, but my credit card company did say that it may depend on what the merchant (paypal) tells them. **sigh** i'm trying to be positive and take it as a lesson learnt, thankfully a not too expensive lesson as the wallet + shipping was about $150

Wow. Incredible!

I'm confused though, why only $1? Is that because that's all they had in their account, one lousy dollar??? Wow. Maybe their business is not as good as we thought. Maybe because they SUCK with their correspondence. Ugh!

I had the same problem w/ My Poupette, I had to file a claim with Paypal b/c they never authenticated the item for me and ignored my emails asking for my money back. I only got a refund once I filed the claim. I only go to CarolDiva now.

Wow. Incredible!

I'm confused though, why only $1? Is that because that's all they had in their account, one lousy dollar??? Wow. Maybe their business is not as good as we thought. Maybe because they SUCK with their correspondence. Ugh!

Yup, I think there was only $1 in their account, can you believe it. SCAMMERS **HISSSSSSS**

Can you go directly to your credit card company and do a chargeback for the amount owed to My Poupette? Tell them that you paid in advance for the authentication service which was not provided. You filed a claim with PayPal which was decided in your favor, but they could only recover $1 and you want the charge on your card reversed. That should work, I would think.

You can also reverse the charge for the fake MJ. Contact your credit card issuer and find out what the time frames are for filing a claim with them. I have had a couple of claims messed up by those idiots at PayPal so I have had to go to my credit card issuer to get my money back. The good thing about dealing with them is that they reverse the transaction so you get all of your money back, not $1.

Thank you for sharing this lesson. I had no idea about My Poupette, but you've opened my eyes. I hope this all works out for you!

Can you go directly to your credit card company and do a chargeback for the amount owed to My Poupette? Tell them that you paid in advance for the authentication service which was not provided. You filed a claim with PayPal which was decided in your favor, but they could only recover $1 and you want the charge on your card reversed. That should work, I would think.

You can also reverse the charge for the fake MJ. Contact your credit card issuer and find out what the time frames are for filing a claim with them. I have had a couple of claims messed up by those idiots at PayPal so I have had to go to my credit card issuer to get my money back. The good thing about dealing with them is that they reverse the transaction so you get all of your money back, not $1.

Thanks for the tip. I HAVE filed a claim with my CC company, but they said they need to check with paypal. I'm waiting on their response now

So you contacted CarolDiva...did she find it to be fake? Did you get refunded for the MJ clutch? Keep us updated :smile:
Yes, Caroldiva found it to be fake. I've submitted her statement to paypal who acknowledged receipt but have not told me the outcome of my dispute. I will certainly post when I get paypal's response!