Scarves MYH's Scarf Showcase - and philosophical ramblings about how I built my collection

Hermes hope - I can only bow down to your thoughtfully organized method to keep track of your clothes and scarves but I know you are a librarian, so it’s part of your personality! I just have random photos all over my phone and have to scroll through them to job my memory when I’m at the boutique. Ugh!!

I simply can’t help it, even though I am now retired. My Mum told me that librarianship was my vocation, I think that librarians are born not made! Mind you, I need to update loads on Evernote, writing my blog takes quite a lot of time and is very distracting.

OMG! What a day. I think we all need a little distraction here on TPF. I'm still around although not as much. And I feel terrible neglecting this thread. Life's been just a bit busy recently and I've got a few other things going on.

About the thread we are all reading, all I'm going to say is all sides are not infallible. But I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the outcome just like you.

Let's see where did I leave off? Seeing I'm two cocktails into my evening...ok and one glass of wine (truth), can I just talk about whatever I want?

What have I bought this year scarf-wise? Hmmm....
1) On a summer's day 140 giant silk - you know I love this size - nothing's changed
2) Della Cavalleria 140 mousseline - resistance was futile
3) Mythiques Phoenix 140 CSGM - it matched my malachite kelly - I had to have it
4) Robe du Soir 90cm - yes I broke my 90 ban for this one

Bag-wise, what trouble have I gotten into? Hmm...
5) Constance 18 Gris Asphalte RGHW
6) Blue Nuit Kelly Touch 28 PHW
7) Gold Jypsiere 28 PHW
8) Black Kelly 32 Epsom GHW

UGH - then there's VCA - I think let's just skip this part. I'm in denial.

Honestly, I have not felt like it's been a busy shopping year but when I write this all down, I'm a bit horrified. :facepalm:A trip to France did not help. An obsession with a Jypsiere was unexpected. All the scarves were surprises except Della Cavalleria. That's how it happens. It's inexplicable.

Let's talk first about bags....
The constance 18. Technically it was purchased Dec 2017 but I didn't really start using it until 2018. I never had this bag on my radar. I asked (ok hassled) my SA about a bag in gris asphalte, preferably a B or K, but of course the H gods never deliver what you ask for. The color to me is the perfect mix of etain, etoupe, and Gris T and no contrast stitching. I think I'm in a small group that prefers tone-on-tone stitching and Gris A fits the bill. My SA surprised me with it right before Christmas and said I had never asked for a C18 but he thought I might like it. I was not sure when I bought it...I was worried it was too small. And it was epsom! Not my favorite leather unless it's a SLG but I took a leap of faith. You kinda have to with H from time to time. Now it's in my top 3 most used bags. Let me tell you what it's perfect for....Because I can wear it crossbody, sometimes I just leave it on at a busy restaurant. It's draped crossbody on me and the bag just rests in my lap. This is perfect for bar stools (no hook underneath the countertop), restaurants with rounded chair backs (can't sling your bag over the back of the chair), busy spaces (like concerts - go ahead and spill a drink on me - I'll just wipe it off my bag), and running errands. Luckily I don't carry alot. Wallet, phone, keys. I tried so hard not to scratch the buckle, but I failed. It is scratched. Oh well. :panic: Now let me tell you what I had to do to adjust to this bag. I had to ditch my long wallet. Yep, I bought a brand new beautiful Blue Zanzibar Citizen Twill Long Wallet with silk lining and used it maybe once or twice. it was a chore moving my CCs back and forth between the the long wallet and calvis (to fit into my C18). So I decided to abandon a regular wallet. I know!! I did all this for a bag. Now I use a little pouch that fits into all my bags. My pouch works for my C18, Kellycut, Kellys and of course my B. So no more switching between wallets and Calvis. I'm not organized enough.

Here is the gal that made me change my whole wallet setup! I seriously love her so much. She is totally a chameleon color - sometimes light gray, sometimes darker grey, sometimes brown. A lovely but unexpected surprise!

Let's talk tomorrow about a scarf and my Kelly touch. À bientôt!

EIVyysPpQs24zmHwGp47Jg.jpg IMG_6610.JPG IMG_6431.JPG fullsizeoutput_2c90.jpeg +yv5JQzsSnWUFyTQ87ebbg.jpg

Last edited:
OMG! What a day. I think we all need a little distraction here on TPF. I'm still around although not as much. And I feel terrible neglecting this thread. Life's been just a bit busy recently and I've got a few other things going on.

About the thread we are all reading, all I'm going to say is all sides are not infallible. But I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the outcome just like you.

Let's see where did I leave off? Seeing I'm two cocktails into my evening...ok and one glass of wine (truth), can I just talk about whatever I want?

1) On a summer's day 140 giant silk - you know I love this size - nothing's changed
3) Mythiques Phoenix 140 CSGM - it matched my malachite kelly - I had to have it

7) Gold Jypsiere 28 PHW

Honestly, I have not felt like it's been a busy shopping year but when I write this all down, I'm a bit horrified. :facepalm:A trip to France did not help. An obsession with a Jypsiere was unexpected. All the scarves were surprises except Della Cavalleria. That's how it happens. It's inexplicable.

The constance 18. Technically it was purchased Dec 2017 but I didn't really start using it until 2018. I never had this bag on my radar. I asked (ok hassled) my SA about a bag in gris asphalte, preferably a B or K, but of course the H gods never deliver what you ask for. The color to me is the perfect mix of etain, etoupe, and Gris T and no contrast stitching. I think I'm in a small group that prefers tone-on-tone stitching and Gris A fits the bill. My SA surprised me with it right before Christmas and said I had never asked for a C18 but he thought I might like it. I was not sure when I bought it...I was worried it was too small. And it was epsom! Not my favorite leather unless it's a SLG but I took a leap of faith. You kinda have to with H from time to time. Now it's in my top 3 most used bags. Let me tell you what it's perfect for....Because I can wear it crossbody, sometimes I just leave it on at a busy restaurant. It's draped crossbody on me and the bag just rests in my lap. This is perfect for bar stools (no hook underneath the countertop), restaurants with rounded chair backs (can't sling your bag over the back of the chair), busy spaces (like concerts - go ahead and spill a drink on me - I'll just wipe it off my bag), and running errands. Luckily I don't carry alot. Wallet, phone, keys. I tried so hard not to scratch the buckle, but I failed. It is scratched. Oh well. :panic: Now let me tell you what I had to do to adjust to this bag. I had to ditch my long wallet. Yep, I bought a brand new beautiful Blue Zanzibar Citizen Twill Long Wallet with silk lining and used it maybe once or twice. it was a chore moving my CCs back and forth between the the long wallet and calvis (to fit into my C18). So I decided to abandon a regular wallet. I know!! I did all this for a bag. Now I use a little pouch that fits into all my bags. My pouch works for my C18, Kellycut, Kellys and of course my B. So no more switching between wallets and Calvis. I'm not organized enough.

Here is the gal that made me change my whole wallet setup! I seriously love her so much. She is totally a chameleon color - sometimes light gray, sometimes darker grey, sometimes brown. A lovely but unexpected surprise!

View attachment 4216841 View attachment 4216842 View attachment 4216843 View attachment 4216846 View attachment 4216847

So nice to read your post and what a versatile, beautiful bag.

Reactions: MYH

7) Gold Jypsiere 28 PHW

View attachment 4216841 View attachment 4216842 View attachment 4216843 View attachment 4216846 View attachment 4216847
So glad you are back! Great story. I love reading all the details of your thoughts. Fabulous color! Although I am a fan of contrast stitching, I love the versatility of this color. Hm. What can I get in Gris Asphalte......?

Reactions: Cookiefiend

7) Gold Jypsiere 28 PHW

How lovely is that bag?!? :love:
What sort of pouch are you using? Is it easy to find your things/cards inside it?
(I hate changing wallets when changing bags…)
Nice to 'see' you again, this is such a fun thread!

7) Gold Jypsiere 28 PHW

Your musings are an absolute delight to read ...and you never fail to make me feel better about some of my H (and VCA!) indiscretions...

Wow, your C is a gorgeous bag! I love your scarf/shawl choices and the reasoning behind each!! Makes sense to me!

Keep ‘em coming!

Hello again!! Today has been way less stressful than yesterday so I'm only a 1/2 glass of wine into my evening. I reviewed the scarves in my drawer today and discovered I forgot to include the blue/orange 140cm samurai csgm shawl on my list for this year. Whoops . :facepalm: Well, nevermind. I'll talk about Robe du Soir tonight because it's so beautiful! As soon as I saw the preview pics I knew I would not be able to resist it although I was supposed to be on a 90cm ban. The shading of the ropes in this design remind me of Coup de Fouet and that's actually a fave of mine. I decided I had to limit myself to just one colorway and slowly waited for them to trickle into the store. The first cw that captured my attention was one in an advertisement. And then one of my friends bought that same cw and I thought I was sunk. I loved it. But strangely, when I tried it on at the boutique, I didn't feel "the moment" you should feel when a scarf is for you. I was stumped. I think it was just a bit too colorful for me. Beautiful to look at, but not great around my neck. But ok, no worries. There were still more candidates to consider.
oDYPo4a7QZGX%P59qRh7Jg.jpg
The next cw that caught my attention was the navy blue one. This one "on paper" ticked all my boxes. Navy blue, black and some white/grey are my jam! But when I tied this one on, I got a somber vibe from it and just wasn't feeling it either. I think it was just a little formal/dressy for me and didn't really brighten my face. I have black hair and it was just all a bit too much black concentrated around my neck and face. Ugh....the search continued.
BeIlRkU3RJmJuamzeeXVcQ.jpg
But wait...there was a similar cw in the case that was just a bit brighter. It still had navy blue (my fave) but had light blue and more white and grey. I think this was THE ONE! In stock photos on the website, the main color that came across was silver but IRL, the navy blue and light blue really stand out. Ding, ding, ding!! This was the one...

My pics of me wearing this cw are not great. I moved and have still not figured out where to stand in my new place for the best lighting so I apologize for the following pics. I'm still up to the same old knot tricks lol. Necklace knot and asymmetric cowboy.

B6174E81-E1B0-4F3B-B8D0-AB396D3C1334.jpeg
EE7A199A-79F1-4330-88EC-7878600CCAA8.jpeg
OK, which brings me to how I ended up with a blue nuit kelly touch 28. The handle is actually a different blue, blue marine matte gator but it pretty closely matches the body of the bag. So it looks like all one color basically. I think I decided earlier this year I could kill two birds with one stone (a blue AND black bag) with a very dark blue bag. I narrowed down my choices to blue indigo and blue nuit. I figured I could save money this way.:lol::lol::lol: And since I just moved, I had just started going to a new boutique and working with a new SA. So I figured my chances were slim to nil to get my request fulfilled. After about 6 months shopping there, I decide to mention i want a kelly in this color to my SA. I honestly didn't even know he was listening. He didn't seem at all interested in talking about my request so I just shrugged my shoulders and thought, oh well, I tried.
Fast forward two days later and I get an email....my SA might have a blue nuit kelly bag for me but it's "special". What does special mean? An exotic bag? I call him back and he tells me...special means a gator handle but the rest of the body is togo leather. BUT before you get too excited, I have to get approval from my store director and he is in a meeting all day. So I'll get back to you as soon as possible...so I wait in agony. The day ends and there's no news. Next day rolls around and I call at 11am. Any updates? My SA says no. He has not been able to get a hold of store director. Argh!!! Then an email comes in at 1pm. The bag is mine but I have to get there in the next few hours because the sharks are circling and if I don't come to pick it up, other SAs are already asking for it for their customers. OK, i have no idea if this is true or not but I'm not willing to find out!! I hightail it down there and then it dawns on me...I didn't ask about the price?? :panic::panic::panic: Ugh....not good. If it's beyond my personal psychology limit, I'm going to have to pass. That will be devastating. :crybaby:So I walk into the boutique and my SA says wait here!! He brings out the box and at this point, I have never seen a kelly touch so I am excited. AND I have no idea what color hardware is on the bag because he wouldn't tell me and said he wanted it to be a surprise. Secretly, I'm hoping it's phw. So he does the dustbag striptease and then there she was!! :yahoo:Blue Nuit Kelly Touch 28 PHW. So I lower my voice...and say...um what is the price? And a look of slight panic kinda crosses his face. Did he just go to bat for me and now I'm going to say I'm declining? He giggles nervously and tells me the price. Whew!! It is acceptable to me!! Relief!! We head to the checkout counter and I want to swipe my CC as fast as I can because I gotta beat traffic home. The End.

Haha. Here she is. Sometimes in the evening, yes blue nuit looks black. Sometimes (like in the last pic) in the sun, blue nuit looks more blue. Anyways, I love her and she is my constant companion. In the pic with the scarf, the bracelet is actually blue saphir in swift so you can see a color comparison. Hope you enjoyed my little story today.

fullsizeoutput_2d26.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3a07.jpeg

RVIzMp2gR8WRLsz49NnxFQ.jpg

So nice to read your post and what a versatile, beautiful bag.
Thanks Maedi for commenting and joining me here.

So glad you are back! Great story. I love reading all the details of your thoughts. Fabulous color! Although I am a fan of contrast stitching, I love the versatility of this color. Hm. What can I get in Gris Asphalte......?
Ha...SLG babe. OR....leather bracelet? Thanks for welcoming me back.

How lovely is that bag?!? :love:
What sort of pouch are you using? Is it easy to find your things/cards inside it?
(I hate changing wallets when changing bags…)
Nice to 'see' you again, this is such a fun thread!
Hey cookiefiend! nice to see you here. It's a pouch with two compartments. Thanks for the nice compliments on my C18.

Your postings make me smile
Thanks for filling us all in
Can’t wait for tomorrow’s story! (And pics!)
Awww....that makes me smile! I'm so happy you enjoy reading my stories.

Your musings are an absolute delight to read ...and you never fail to make me feel better about some of my H (and VCA!) indiscretions...

Wow, your C is a gorgeous bag! I love your scarf/shawl choices and the reasoning behind each!! Makes sense to me!

Keep ‘em coming!
I am good company for H and VCA indiscretions hunny, :biggrin:

I'm SO glad you are back!
Thank you babe! Nice to "see" you. :flowers:

Gorgeous K! She will match EVERYTHING!!! Love the surprise gator handle! RdS was a weakness for me...it ties so beautifully...I added the gray 90 and pale blue CSGM (similar cw to your 90 silk...have you seen that one;).

Love it all!

Hello again!! Today has been way less stressful than yesterday so I'm only a 1/2 glass of wine into my evening. I reviewed the scarves in my drawer today and discovered I forgot to include the blue/orange 140cm samurai csgm shawl on my list for this year. Whoops . :facepalm: Well, nevermind. I'll talk about Robe du Soir tonight because it's so beautiful! As soon as I saw the preview pics I knew I would not be able to resist it although I was supposed to be on a 90cm ban. The shading of the ropes in this design remind me of Coup de Fouet and that's actually a fave of mine. I decided I had to limit myself to just one colorway and slowly waited for them to trickle into the store. The first cw that captured my attention was one in an advertisement. And then one of my friends bought that same cw and I thought I was sunk. I loved it. But strangely, when I tried it on at the boutique, I didn't feel "the moment" you should feel when a scarf is for you. I was stumped. I think it was just a bit too colorful for me. Beautiful to look at, but not great around my neck. But ok, no worries. There were still more candidates to consider.
View attachment 4217709
The next cw that caught my attention was the navy blue one. This one "on paper" ticked all my boxes. Navy blue, black and some white/grey are my jam! But when I tied this one on, I got a somber vibe from it and just wasn't feeling it either. I think it was just a little formal/dressy for me and didn't really brighten my face. I have black hair and it was just all a bit too much black concentrated around my neck and face. Ugh....the search continued.
View attachment 4217715
But wait...there was a similar cw in the case that was just a bit brighter. It still had navy blue (my fave) but had light blue and more white and grey. I think this was THE ONE! In stock photos on the website, the main color that came across was silver but IRL, the navy blue and light blue really stand out. Ding, ding, ding!! This was the one...

My pics of me wearing this cw are not great. I moved and have still not figured out where to stand in my new place for the best lighting so I apologize for the following pics. I'm still up to the same old knot tricks lol. Necklace knot and asymmetric cowboy.

View attachment 4217738
View attachment 4217739
OK, which brings me to how I ended up with a blue nuit kelly touch 28. The handle is actually a different blue, blue marine matte gator but it pretty closely matches the body of the bag. So it looks like all one color basically. I think I decided earlier this year I could kill two birds with one stone (a blue AND black bag) with a very dark blue bag. I narrowed down my choices to blue indigo and blue nuit. I figured I could save money this way.:lol::lol::lol: And since I just moved, I had just started going to a new boutique and working with a new SA. So I figured my chances were slim to nil to get my request fulfilled. After about 6 months shopping there, I decide to mention i want a kelly in this color to my SA. I honestly didn't even know he was listening. He didn't seem at all interested in talking about my request so I just shrugged my shoulders and thought, oh well, I tried.
Fast forward two days later and I get an email....my SA might have a blue nuit kelly bag for me but it's "special". What does special mean? An exotic bag? I call him back and he tells me...special means a gator handle but the rest of the body is togo leather. BUT before you get too excited, I have to get approval from my store director and he is in a meeting all day. So I'll get back to you as soon as possible...so I wait in agony. The day ends and there's no news. Next day rolls around and I call at 11am. Any updates? My SA says no. He has not been able to get a hold of store director. Argh!!! Then an email comes in at 1pm. The bag is mine but I have to get there in the next few hours because the sharks are circling and if I don't come to pick it up, other SAs are already asking for it for their customers. OK, i have no idea if this is true or not but I'm not willing to find out!! I hightail it down there and then it dawns on me...I didn't ask about the price?? :panic::panic::panic: Ugh....not good. If it's beyond my personal psychology limit, I'm going to have to pass. That will be devastating. :crybaby:So I walk into the boutique and my SA says wait here!! He brings out the box and at this point, I have never seen a kelly touch so I am excited. AND I have no idea what color hardware is on the bag because he wouldn't tell me and said he wanted it to be a surprise. Secretly, I'm hoping it's phw. So he does the dustbag striptease and then there she was!! :yahoo:Blue Nuit Kelly Touch 28 PHW. So I lower my voice...and say...um what is the price? And a look of slight panic kinda crosses his face. Did he just go to bat for me and now I'm going to say I'm declining? He giggles nervously and tells me the price. Whew!! It is acceptable to me!! Relief!! We head to the checkout counter and I want to swipe my CC as fast as I can because I gotta beat traffic home. The End.

Haha. Here she is. Sometimes in the evening, yes blue nuit looks black. Sometimes (like in the last pic) in the sun, blue nuit looks more blue. Anyways, I love her and she is my constant companion. In the pic with the scarf, the bracelet is actually blue saphir in swift so you can see a color comparison. Hope you enjoyed my little story today.

View attachment 4217707
View attachment 4217701

View attachment 4217710
Gorgeous bag!!! Amazing color. Just the right amount of exotic.

View attachment 4217709
View attachment 4217715

View attachment 4217738
View attachment 4217739

View attachment 4217707
View attachment 4217701

View attachment 4217710
Love the bag, love the story telling!