My Staff

Yes, they love an unmade bed! They can really dig in and nestle between the covers and pillows. The only thing they like better is laundry, which I try to put away before it becomes totally fur covered.

Hello, Everyone:
In addition to my "staff" I feed an undetermined number of feral cats (free-loaders) who roam the neighborhood and are of varying degrees of tameness. They do not come inside, just eat on the patio. Well, there seems to be one kitty whom I've seen over the years and looked well cared for is trying real hard to become an inside kitty. He's very friendly and loves to be petted and scratched. I noticed his long fur had some mats in it and I could feel his ribs under all his fluff. So, I think he lost his owner...considering a lot of senior citizens live in my neighborhood. Anyway, it sucks that such a beautiful and friendly cat was put out and that ticks me off. He looks kind of like a long haired Russian Blue with yellow (not green) eyes.
I had one who looked just like him but with green eyes and a girl a long time ago (another rescue) whom I called Janie. So, this guy gets called John. Anyway, he has made inside the house through the cat flap much to the unhappiness of the cats I claim and Phoebe and Mao chased him off. Mao also tries to make sure John does not get onto the patio. I think Lucy is the gray kitty's friend because, she does not seem to mind his presence.
I don't really want another inside cat since I have four already. Lucy does not come inside anymore because Phoebe chases her and beats her up. Since I am feeding him, it's not like I am leaving him to fend for himself. I just feel bad for him because he used to be well cared for and to suddenly lose his person and home must be quite a shock. My boyfriend says once I gave him a name, he was as good as adopted. I say no, because I have not physically picked him up and taken him into the house. I do pet him and I did give him a good brushing however. Since the other cats will not let him in, he'll just have to remain an outside kitty with a name.
Some day, I'll get some land and I'll have a cat barn, so the free loaders will have somewhere warm to sleep and stay.
I'll try to take a picture of him so you can see how pretty he is.
Kate

Ha ha! Tonight I laid my black wool coat down for 5 seconds while I got my cellphone, and my darling Laszlo, who is mostly white, materialized out of thin air to lay on it. How do they do that?

You all have no idea how difficult it is to get pictures of the rabbits! But, I did manage and thought you all would like a peek. Please excuse any mess you might see, since I did take these photos on "their" patio. Poop happens.

Last One, I Promise!.jpg

Buster And Hershey.jpg

A Better View Of Hershey.jpg

As Good As It's Going To Get.jpg

A Glimpse Of Spot.jpg

The big brown agouti one is Buster. The smaller milk chocolate brown rabbit is Hershey, she's the boss. The white one with the darker markings is Spot, she likes to push Buster around. Buster is a big boy who absolutely loves Hershey and Spot.

Ha ha! Tonight I laid my black wool coat down for 5 seconds while I got my cellphone, and my darling Laszlo, who is mostly white, materialized out of thin air to lay on it. How do they do that?
I'm convinced they have some sort of radar or sensing device which not only detects the fiber and also the constrast to their fur!