My SO's Bum Bag..Need advise....

Aug 14, 2006
Hi everyone,
I really need some advise from all the guys and gals here on the forum (mostly the guys).
Long story short, for years, my boyfriend would wear belt bags. I really hated them because he's a very nice dresser, casual but neat. He has a swimmer's body and takes pride in the way he dresses and then ruins (in my opinion) his look with the sloppy looking belt bag!
About 2 years ago, we were in an LV boutique in NYC and I purchased him the damier bum bag because I love him....but mostly because I wanted him to stop wearing the others.
A little while after that, he was watching Glamours dos and don'ts with me and of course they mention the fanny pack. Ever since then, he won't wear them anymore, even the LV one.
Now, I don't want him to wear anything he's not comfortable with, but I believe that the ugly fanny pack rule does not apply to the LV bum bag. Am I right?
Do any of you guys own one? What are your feelings? And ladies, do you like the look of the bum bag on a man?
Thanks!!!

that is a funny story ! He won't listen to you, but listens to the "experts " on a TV show:PI am curious too what the guys here have to say about this......you are a kind girlfriend to make him fashionable !

Haha! I agree!
But IMO, I think fanny packs are really cute! Well, designer ones anyway.
No, that "rule" does not apply to Louis Vuitton! ; )
I don't own one but I think it would look great on men!

I just disagree with bum bags/fanny packs, no matter what. The fact that it has a logo on it, doesn't make it any cooler in my opinion. Would you genuinely wear a toilet seat as a hat if it was monogrammed with LV?

I just disagree with bum bags/fanny packs, no matter what. The fact that it has a logo on it, doesn't make it any cooler in my opinion. Would you genuinely wear a toilet seat as a hat if it was monogrammed with LV?
hahahaha...that's good.:roflmfao:...but I guess if you were the type of person that liked to wear toilet seats as hats, then a monogrammed one would,at least, be a statement!!!!

Last edited:

I absolutely appreciate all opinions on this whether positive or negative. I also respect your thoughts, however, do you really think it's fair to compare a toilet seat with a bag?:smile:

How is the fanny pack being used? Mostly I've seen them used more like slings...

Well, I see the Gucci one everywhere that I don't use mine anymore. And I haven't touched my Geronimo in months...But I think if you get him to wear it across his chest/shoulders, then it's not really considered a "fanny pack". LOL...

that is a funny story ! He won't listen to you, but listens to the "experts " on a TV show:PI am curious too what the guys here have to say about this......you are a kind girlfriend to make him fashionable !

what about some of the LV lovers in here do a vid clip and bring it back in ur bf:graucho:

Last edited: