***My own debate about a red Chanel***

Hard choice! I love Reissues and the red reissue in your pic looks beautiful. Somehow, though, I agree with others that red shows up better on a classic flap. It is probably the puffier quilts. I also really love red in lambskin because of the color saturation. However, if the reissue had GHW I think it would be perfect! I am in the same boat to a certain degree as I have not yet found my perfect red to actually pull the trigger on buying a red flap. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Cruise!

I forgot to add that you have a beautiful collection! I love your patent burgundy reissue and we have a few of the same bags (pale gold and grey reissues).

G&Smommy, yes we have the pale gold and the metallic black in common! I did not have the pale gold in the picture but here it is together with my light silver 227. In the group picture at the beginning of the thread is the metallic black that appears as grey! In fact, I always said that for me the best grey reissue is the metallic black!

I think that we will possibly end up with a red lambskin jumbo from 13C..... I do not have a lambskin in my jumbo collection and as I won't possibly use the red jumbo as an everyday bag. Then the lambskin would be appropriate! Don't you think?

Attachments

• Palegold&silverreissues.JPG
    Palegold&silverreissues.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 358
Definitely red classic jumbo...for some unknown reason, red for reissue is not appealing to me.

Your burgundy reissue is luscious!

Good luck deciding! Love your collection! Especially with the Celine Phantom!

G&Smommy, yes we have the pale gold and the metallic black in common! I did not have the pale gold in the picture but here it is together with my light silver 227. In the group picture at the beginning of the thread is the metallic black that appears as grey! In fact, I always said that for me the best grey reissue is the metallic black!

I think that we will possibly end up with a red lambskin jumbo from 13C..... I do not have a lambskin in my jumbo collection and as I won't possibly use the red jumbo as an everyday bag. Then the lambskin would be appropriate! Don't you think?

You're right, the black metallic is much more grey IRL! I have described it as gunmetal. It is definitely NOT black! I love your silver as well! You have a great metallic reissue family! The reissues look great in metallics!

I think lambskin can be used every day if you are at least somewhat cautious with your bags. I would only worry about lamb every day in a light color, like an ivory or pink. Then I would be concerned about dirt and color transfer. Otherwise, the main issue seems to be small scratches which can often be rubbed out.

I am anxious to see the 13C red to see if it is a winner! Maybe we will both find our perfect red!

You're right, the black metallic is much more grey IRL! I have described it as gunmetal. It is I think lambskin can be used every day if you are at least somewhat cautious with your bags. I would only worry about lamb every day in a light color, like an ivory or pink. Then I would be concerned about dirt and color transfer. Otherwise, the main issue seems to be small scratches which can often be rubbed out.

I am anxious to see the 13C red to see if it is a winner! Maybe we will both find our perfect red!

My SA called me on the phone tonight and said the color code for 13c red lambskin is the same as for the 12A caviar: 81665.

I expect the best possible red color for lambskin ever! Only it comes with SHW...[/SIZE]

I do not know whether you have seen this reissue in person but I was really surprised how much I actually liked at the first sight already. The only issue is I woudl prefer this reissue to be with GHW!

Yes. I love GHW reissues myself.
If you love this red and love reissues, then I would grab it. :smile:

U have a burgundy reissue right...why not wait for a red jumbo?

Yes, babyviola, I just posted the pic of the lt. red burgundy above. Good question - why am I not waiting for a red jumbo? Sometimes it is so hard to wait but this time I think I will do exactly this. It will be so worthwhile. Red lambskin for a jumbo - how classy and gorgeous does this sound!!!!! I am getting very excited.:smile:

You have such a gorgeous collection!

I am a bit biased because I prefer the understated look of the reissue over the classic. I have the 226 red reissue and I just love how low maintenance and wearable it is since I wear mostly solid colors. Good luck with your decision :smile:

Thank you, Tinagirl!

The red reissue is really an easy to go bag, and I am sure is low maintenance! I already figured out that it is the RHW strap that I have on almost all my reissues and is causing my hesitation. I like the red leather to continie and be part of the chain as it is in the jumbo.

I would wait for red jumbo to balance the collection. I personally love the red color on classic jumbo tha reissue. Just my opinion.
You have beautiful collection btw. :smile:

My SA called me on the phone tonight and said the color code for 13c red lambskin is the same as for the 12A caviar: 81665.

I expect the best possible red color for lambskin ever! Only it comes with SHW...[/SIZE]

It will be interesting to see how the color represents on lamb. I am hoping for a saturated and bright true red.

CATEYES, here is a pic of by burgundy reissue for you! It is one of my fav reissues but the 12Ared reissue that I am considering has also RHW...... I so much want to have a reissue with GHW! I think this thread helped me to realize that it is not the red color of the 12A reissue that makes me hesitant (because the red is really gorgeous), but rather the hardware!!!
:drool::drool: This color with this hw is the perfect combo! This is a stunning one I must say. I agree that the reissue with current hw doesn't make me feel as....drool worthy. The color on it just isn't one I personally would invest in myself. However, if it had GHW, it definitely could be! Yes, hold out for the next red & see if she's the one!

P.S. Haven't I seen you on the VCA forum?:smile:

Martinibeach said:
Hi bubs, the reissue is gorgeous, yes, but I really want it with GHW.

I have a questiosn why do you think the 13C would have orange tones, have you seen a swatch sample? I would not mind to have orange tones as the red would be brighter this way.

Oh I'm not sure what sample 13C would be. I'm just giving you options ;) just really boils down to you loving the color of the 12a versus what 13C is going to (as it might be a diff shade). If it doesn't matter either way, wait for the classic flap as you seem to want to balance out your reissues vs flaps.

Martinibeach, I saw a swatch of the 13c red lamb and to my eyes, it looked similar to the 12a red, a true red, it didn't have coral undertones. This colour might look amazing and saturated in lamb but I guess there's no telling till the bag actually hits the shelves!

drpn21, I learned yesterday that the color code of the lamb 13c jumbo is the same as the 12A red (81665). So it should be a true red- just as you are saying. There might be differences due to different materials but I hope it is a saturated and a rich, true red as the caviar 12A was/is!!;)

If the swatch can be trusted then I think it will be. When I looked at it, I though it was a caviar colour and was puzzled as to why they would make a red that's identical to 12a the very next season- and then realised it was lamb!
There were lots of light colours in caviar ( for the classics) that I didn't pay much attention to but there is also a blue and a green caviar coming out. The blue caviar seems lighter than navy but not quite an electric blue. The green is called aqua but looked like a medium green, not very bright and not aqua.

Martinibeach said:
drpn21, I learned yesterday that the color code of the lamb 13c jumbo is the same as the 12A red (81665). So it should be a true red- just as you are saying. There might be differences due to different materials but I hope it is a saturated and a rich, true red as the caviar 12A was/is!!;)