***My own debate about a red Chanel***

Feb 19, 2011
Hello Ladies,
For the longest time I want to add to my collection a red classic Chanel. In the pictures you will see some of my dark Chanel family members and some of the light Chanel classics.

You will see that I love the reissues and have 4 of them (one is not in the pic). I have additional Chanel bags that are not in the pictures but they are all on the greyish/black site!

Now my question:

Is the addition of the red reissue 226 a good decision or should I wait for a red jumbo instead? I have 4 reissues and only 2 jumbos. I read that there will be a red lamb jumbo I think for 2013 Spring.

Basically the question boils down to: Red reisssue pictured or a red jumbo from spring 2013?

Help me out as my SA can not held the red 226 forever:smile:

Attachments

• Dark family.JPG
    Dark family.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,801
  • Light family.JPG
    Light family.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 1,785
  • 12A Red Reissue 226.JPG
    12A Red Reissue 226.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 2,115
I am a classic flap fan myself BUT when I saw this red reissue in the store I LOVED IT. I actually like it more than the caviar classic 12A that most people bought.

I think if you love it, especially that shade of red, GET IT because you never know what shade of red will come out next. It could have an orange tint or a fuschia tint, be too dark or too light. So if you love this one I would get it now. Hope that helps a bit!

I am a classic flap fan myself BUT when I saw this red reissue in the store I LOVED IT. I actually like it more than the caviar classic 12A that most people bought.

I think if you love it, especially that shade of red, GET IT because you never know what shade of red will come out next. It could have an orange tint or a fuschia tint, be too dark or too light. So if you love this one I would get it now. Hope that helps a bit!

I liked it in the store, so effortless to carry. Still debating...

The red question! For me, i can't seem to get enough red. I just ordered a 12a red caviar kisslock clutch, have the 12c lamb jumbo and am debating if i should get a 12a red maxi (located just one!). This reissue is especially stunning and looks very wearable. The cruise reds are usually bright and fun so 13c should not disapoint either, its a tough call and my two cents are just my personal preference of red in classic flaps and reissues in more muted colors (grey being my favorite)

You have such a gorgeous collection!

I am a bit biased because I prefer the understated look of the reissue over the classic. I have the 226 red reissue and I just love how low maintenance and wearable it is since I wear mostly solid colors. Good luck with your decision :smile:

Lovely collection. I love your grey reissue. If i were you, i will choose red reissue. I'm was on your opposite condition. When i bought my red classic flap, i want red reissue, but my local store doesnt have it. So i bought jumbo red 12a. I prefer reissue over jumbo. Good luck on deciding.. :smile:

The red question! For me, i can't seem to get enough red. I just ordered a 12a red caviar kisslock clutch, have the 12c lamb jumbo and am debating if i should get a 12a red maxi (located just one!). This reissue is especially stunning and looks very wearable. The cruise reds are usually bright and fun so 13c should not disapoint either, its a tough call and my two cents are just my personal preference of red in classic flaps and reissues in more muted colors (grey being my favorite)

The 13C red jumbo will be in lambskin. I just need to find the patience to wait until they become available!