My new Black Milton Messenger/Hobo

I finally have a Black Mulberry!

Black stock was quite limited at Bicester yesterday (unless you wanted a Congo Black Bayswater!) and although I thought before I went that I would end up coming home with a Poppy or Mabel of some description I didn't like the way the Poppy Satchel sat on me and they didn't have a Medium Poppy (although looking at the Mustard one they had, I think I would find it too big - it has too many sections for me).

Luckily, because SJ wouldn't leave the Marine Milton alone, a Black one was spotted!

I didn't have a Black Mulberry OR a Black Messenger so with this bag I've got both.

The Buffalo leather is gorgeous and smells divine. The bag is very comfortable and even when full it still 'curls' around the body - its lovely!

I was worried at first that the bag would look too big on me, but because it curls I think its okay.

Looks smashing Ali - You're looking fab, is it difficult keeping to the diet when you're on a day out?

Congrats Ali, what a fab bag! The black Milton leather is divine, I tried it on before christmas and loved it. (But got the black Milton purse instead, just for the nice structure of the leather and the lovely, chunky hw)
It looks so good on you, not too big at all.

Looks smashing Ali - You're looking fab, is it difficult keeping to the diet when you're on a day out?

Yeah it is. The hardest bit is drinking the water though because you're always in need of a toilet! The first thing I have to do when I go out is find out exactly where the toilets are!

As well as the shakes and soups you can have 1 bar a day (which is like a yoghurt coated chewy bar) so I tend to take 1 of those with me as its easier to have that than carry the shaker etc.

It was a sort of jade/emerald, I think. In fact, a similar colour to my Somerset. It had VERY short straps. Even Jo couldn't get it over her shoulder :nogood:

Yeah sorry, I didn't describe it very well really, it was shiny but not patent.

Also, it looked to me more like a sort of E/W Jacquetta!

The only 'non-shiny' Green bag was the Smithfield which was a lovely shade of Emerald, Oh and the Rachel was it? Jo you looked at that, it was darker green wasn't it?

Great bag Ali-bagpuss, and it really suit you!
But disappointed to hear that you did not like the black Poppy Satchel :sad:

;) ;) ;)

Well, the Poppy Satchel was really what I went there expecting to get but when I tried it on, because its quite square, it just made me look even bigger because the bottom 'stuck out' and made my own bottom look wider!

Also, I didn't see the point in the two straps!

Its a really nice bag but it just wasn't me.

Likewise with the actual Poppy. I really love it in Black with Silver h/w but (although they didn't have a black one there), I tried a Mustard Medium Poppy and there are far too many sections for me - I don't carry much stuff and it would feel too much of an overkill iykwim!