My negative Cartier experience today

ReRe - I don't know how long ago you purchased your Roadster. Perhaps you can go back to your AD and tell him/her that cartier boutiques give first service free. But the service on a Roadster might cost less than an automatic watch. I just had a new battery put in my Roadster a couple weeks ago and I think it was only around $60. But it is certainly worth a phone call or visit. Good luck!

Next time the SAs are snotty, kindly remind them that in 08 and 09 they were issuing coupons!

Yes, just last year they were offering $500 off $5000 purchase, which amounts to 10% off. You were only asking for 5% and I cannot believe, that they would not jump on this. The last several times, I have been in my Cartier store, it has been completely empty. I cannot imagine that their business is doing so well, that they could turn away a sale.

I am glad that it worked out for you. Congratulations on your watch.

That's really annoying hoka.. i know you've been trying to buy a watch for a while. When i helped my parents buy their watches we went to Wempe on fifth ave and they were really helpful. 10% off and tax free for both watches. my dad saved a ton on both gold watches for him and mom. the SA was super nice and send us invites to a lot of little things. We also went back for a small tune up and no questions asked, even though the SA wasn't there at the time. I would highly recommend them.

laurayuki - was that 10% discount recent? I think Cartier used to be more generous with discounting a couple years ago. Also, they are less likely to budge when you use the red card. That is a service for their customers that Cartier has to pay extra for. It is ok though. I ended up getting all the terms as promised. Should have in a couple days!

I'm sorry you had such an awful experience!! I can also vouch for Wynn Las Vegas as a good alternative. Most of my and my family's purchases have been through an authorized dealer as well and its been effortless and very positive - it sounds like you just ended up with a bad apple. Better luck with the next one! :hugs:

laurayuki - was that 10% discount recent? I think Cartier used to be more generous with discounting a couple years ago. Also, they are less likely to budge when you use the red card. That is a service for their customers that Cartier has to pay extra for. It is ok though. I ended up getting all the terms as promised. Should have in a couple days!

it was last year. But i'm glad you worked it out! i was going to tell you that if you don't have a discover card they are doing intro 0% apr for a year too. I think wempe have their own discount scheme and it's not based on brands. It's based on what kind of watch you get. They give more discount on all gold watches or partial gold watches. I'm going to stay tuned for pictures! this is my favorite watch and i really want a medium one in gold :smile:

laurayuki - I saw a gorgeous woman wearing the medium gold ballon bleu watch on same wrist as YG Love bangle in the Cartier store. She was also carrying an Hermes bag. Totally stunning!

Just received my medium ss automatic ballon bleu by FedEx from Boca Raton! It is gorgeous and my absolute favorite watch. Thanks to all the people on forum who encouraged me to complain to corporate. They quickly corrected the situation and made good on the terms. I expect a letter in the mail that will state that I have that 1st time service for free. If I do not receive it shortly, I will certainly follow-up. So my advice here - shop around! If you are not satisfied in any store, take your business elsewhere. And again, the Boca Raton Cartier is wonderful.