My horrible day...kitty taken to pound

Happy to hear kitty is home! Definitely take a trip to vet, maybe even try pet therapy(you know, like dog whisperer for cats). Try that litter that attracts kitties as well as kitty repellant for places you don't want her to go (chairs, etc.). Good luck, I hope it all works out for you.

Hiya,

I almost didn't look at this thread because I love cats so much it's like babies to me - but well done for getting her back, and please keep us posted on how she does?

WELL DONE for getting her back, but I do (as a total animal lover with several rescue pets in her history) understand that sometimes it's hard work.

Keep us posted, and PM/e-mail me if you ever need to rant and stuff?

Cx

Thank you chiara, chandi & duck :smile:

Hubby is part Italian/English/Irish & German (he's a mutt lol)....but his Irish sure comes out sometimes!

Growing up my Dad had a horrible temper....I swear we would go at it every day...Mom & brother would leave the house lol

I have a temper too - thing to do is, divorce the judgments ("I think you...." "You think I...") etc from it.;)

Can go into more details, if you want - I trained in the much-disparaged "anger management" thing - but please DO try it, look first at what happened in your own words, look then at how it made you feel ("sensible"/"reasonable" or not) - eg, hurt, scared, shamed, etc - then look at who you felt judged by, and who you judged.

It won't cure war LOL but it will help you see past the red haze.:yes:

Good luck with puss!:smile:

Cx

I'm glad you were able to get Twigs home before it was too late. Hopefully you'll be able to keep her, but the no-kill shelter is a good option if you can't. Good luck!

tln said:
Twiggers,
Sorry about your problem. If you can get the cat back, she might be completely freaked out after spending the night in the shelter. I fostered a dog with "issues" before and we tried this pheromone product to calm him down. It did help. Here is the link to the equivalent cat product:
PetSmart - Comfort Zone® with Feliway® Plug-In and Refills

I would recommend keeping the cat confined to one room, as others have suggested, especially after the shelter experience. Good luck.
Tami

Did you pick up some of the Comfort Zone product? I'd highly recommend it, as the cat is probably on edge after his night.

I am actually planning a trip to the pet store (I ran out of Nature's Miracle cleaning my chaise lounger and need more) later tonight....right now she's still in the carrier....she's POed!