My hairdresser ruined my bag

Here's an update (sorry, I just got home to my computer after being out). The owner called me, as did the manager. The owner was rather snotty. She is not exactly a warm and fuzzy type - even though I've known her a long time, that's just her. They brought the bag to a leather/dry cleaner and was told it is ruined, as i figured. They offered to reimburse me for it. Now I have to see if I still have the receipt. It's 7 months old and I can't even find one on the Fossil website similiar. I know it was about $150 though and the manager (who is much nicer than the owner) told me that they will pay me even if I don't find the receipt. I told them that they might want to consider putting hooks or shelves at the stations for purses so people don't have to put them on the floor, which I mentioned to her that I've always cringed at anyhow, but she said, "Well, if someone asks, we will put it in the cabinet, but because of liablilty we don't want it out of your sight, so we have our clients put it on the floor next to them" Well, there goes their liability on this one, lol! As much as i like the stylist, I think I will go elsewhere from now on. Somewhere that has a safe place for my purse. OK, this is kinda funny - so tonight my dh and son and I went out to dinner. I had my speedy with me. I sat it on a seat next to me and every time the waitress came anywhere near that side of the table I grabbed it. She must have thought I was nuts. Just paranoid is all!

THANK YOU for everyone's replies and comforting comments. I appreciate tpf SO MUCH!

omg! I'm so sorry this happened. You really should call the Salon and tell the owner what happened. They really shouldn't have made you pay. At least it wasn't an LV bag and your access. were safe inside.

Thank goodness your LVs are saved inside the fossil bag! Regardless what type/brand the bag is, they should offer you discount for your trouble. I usually take crappy bag, or just cell, key & cles and stuck it under the cap. >>>>Hugs<<<<

So sorry. I went to get my hair done last week. Upscale salon & I have to put my LV on floor, as well. Just before I had the color done I grabbed my LV and put it under my sweater and salon cape to make sure nothing would splash. The assistant gave me a look as if I was paranoid. So I am vindicated-it could and does happen.

Today I went to get my haircut and highlights. I go to a good salon, and the owner did my hair for many years as I followed her to different salons, but now she owns this one and i go to one of her stylists. I was getting my usual - highlights and a cut. Well, for as nice as this salon is, the one thing that always bugged me is that they have you put your purse on the floor by the wall of the stylists station. Knowing this, I don't bring my LVs with me. Today, I took all my stuff, put my ludlow in my pochette, and my lv makeup bag and 2 cles together and packed it all in one of my favorite 'kick-around" bags - a Fossil buttery soft winter white color leather tote. I just adore this bag! my stylist accidentally splashed hair color on my bag!!!! When I saw it, she tried to blot it out. No luck. So she goes and asks someone and he said to put hairspray on it. First he asked me "can it be put in the washing machine?" What an idiot! So, they put the hairspray on (I should've stopped them right there) Of course if made it even worse. Oh, it gets better. Then she says that there is a dry cleaners that she knows of that might be able to get it out.

That's the worst thing to do. My parents owned some Dry Cleaners for 15 years, and hairspray sets most stains in. I'm sorry about this hun. My sister owns her own hair salon and we get to have our purses on a coat rack type thing, she understands, she is in love with her D&B (not LV I know, but for the amount she paid for it, might as well have gotten one). I hope things turn out ok. :flowers:

Sorry to hear about your Fossil bag, but this story would be so much more terrible if it were like........um .......a Gris Mahina or white MC or suhali....!!!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story, now I know better when I go to the salon....to take a "junk bag" (nylon Prada, lol) and I hope you get fully re-imbursed for your trouble.

Thank GOD the LV's didn't get hurt....lol....that's what we are all thinking and I know my heart skipped a beat during reading this thinking, "omg, omg, don't tell me something skipped her Fossil bag and flew into it staining the LV's!"

Regardles...this is so wrong! Your Fossil bag is just as important as an LV or any bag...it's YOURS! They should pay you back the full cost of the bag for their error! Give you a discount or your haircut for free! Not tell you to go dry clean it or spray hairspray all over it and take your payment like happy hairdye-spilling-fools!

So sorry this happened. Good luck with this *hugs* :heart:

EDIT: I just read your update, I'm so glad they are reimbursing you for the bag, receipt or not! They should :yes: I know it doesn't replace the bag you loved, but it at least gives some justice to the situation :heart:

In some way, as silly as this sounds, at least if it were an LV:

1) It could be replaced (I don't think I can find this same Fossil bag - I LOVE this bag as much as my LV's - maybe it's the sentimental value - I took it to New York/Washington DC in June with my son's field trip and it was the PERFECT tote) and
2) It would maybe make them realize how stupid it is to have customers putting expensive bags on the floor. In fact, during the 2 hours I was there, I saw 2 Coach bags in the station next to me and one LV across from my station (an azur:wtf:).

Well, I'll search the internet for a new one. Maybe I can find one on ebay and email the seller to up the price to $1,000, and make them buy me a new one! just kidding.