My hairdresser ruined my bag

I had a friend that in a salon they got hair dye on her LV and the owner of the shop had to buy her a new replacement LV. The shop then turned around and sold the damage LV on Ebay to cover some of their loss. Turned out the salon's insurance company paid the claim not really the owner of the salon. If the salon is a really good one as you say, then you need to contact the owner of the shop (since she/he was not there the day this accident occrured) and exlain you epect to have your bag replaced or paid for by them and offer to go in and fill out whatever necessary paperwork has to be filled out for the shop to file a claim with their insurance carrier. Good Luck.

What a sad story...I am so sorry and so mad at the same time. They should reimburse you....that's a lesson for all of us. Don't take our beautiful bags to places with chemicals and careless people. :cursing:

I had a friend that in a salon they got hair dye on her LV and the owner of the shop had to buy her a new replacement LV. The shop then turned around and sold the damage LV on Ebay to cover some of their loss. Turned out the salon's insurance company paid the claim not really the owner of the salon. If the salon is a really good one as you say, then you need to contact the owner of the shop (since she/he was not there the day this accident occrured) and exlain you epect to have your bag replaced or paid for by them and offer to go in and fill out whatever necessary paperwork has to be filled out for the shop to file a claim with their insurance carrier. Good Luck.

I agree...accidents happen and the salon must have some sort of insurance. I would have just paid and called the owner who you said you have a relationship with. As you are a loyal customer she should make sure you get taken care of. You may also want to suggest a safer place for clients to keep there personal belongings. My salon has hooks by every station so you don't have to put your bag on the floor

IMO your stylist should have comp'd the service based on ruining your bag. AND offered to repair/replace your bag.

Please let us know what happens after you speak to the manager/owner.

thankfully it wasnt a LV. but, i would have tried to at least get the price of the bag taken off the cost. yes the stylist did do it, but she works for the salon so the salon should take some responsibility for it. im surprised they dont have a little stand or something for your things. the salon i go to has a thingy underneath the mirror for me to put my bag on.

They need to pay for that bag. I would not go back to that salon, and I would call the owner and tell her why. It is outrageous to treat a long time customer the way they treated you!!!

I def think you should contact owner in the am. Let her know what happened and how it was handled, and that you will be taking your business elsewhere. I'm sure that she will offer to compensate you somehow rather than lose a loyal customer. If she doesn't, I would find a new salon.

wow, i can't believe this! they're asking YOU to pay for a bag THEY ruined??? :wtf: :cursing:

yeah, i wouldn't pay it, i'd contact the owner asap and explain the situation. they should have insurance for this kind of stuff. if they don't they should just refund you the cost of the bag out of their own funds.

this happened to me only she splashed it on my brand new Speedy!! and i had put my bag on a shelf far from where she was doing my hair but she was slapping the color around so much it went flying across the room:crybaby:

I hope the owner realizes that covering the cost of your bag is cheaper in the long run. If you take your business elsewhere, they are already in the hole after you miss one $240 visit. The lost revenue over the next few years is way more than the cost of replacing your bag.

I am a hair colorist and you shouldn't have paid period. The salon either employs the stylist, which would mean she is insured and she and salon probably split the cost of your service 50/50...OR.... The stylist is renting a station, which would mean the cost of the service goes 100% to the stylist.... So my point is either way, the stylist makes money directly off your service.
As a colorist, I have ruined a couple of shirts no purses thankfully. I was lucky that the shirts were cheap and not favorites so I didn't have to pay for them. Although in the future, I would make sure to cover your bag just for your own safety. Good luck.