My god! I might got a fake birkin.. I am panic

Hiya,

It might not be fake as i had the same problem on the handles and the top part of the bag where the wax is on my 35cm white birkin when i brought it brand new from hermes. Brought it back and they redo the waxing and its okie now. H said that it coz the original craftsman put in a too thick layer of wax and it crack when it was too dry. so try to humidify the bag after they repair it. Hope it helps.:smile:

Is there an on staff craftsman at the store you went to? Perhaps he wasn't there that day and they decided to hold it for him to look at for rewaxing.

I know how you feel buying from a reseller and having that horrible feeling of what if.....
I just hope you get it resolved without your being the victim.

they gave me a receipt and told me to wait for the call. they said the office is closed on sunday and they need to wait till this week.

I hope it works out ok. but somehow compare to my other clemence black birkin. this white JPG is really dry.. and i guess there is always some problem with white bag.. i am not sure.. i hope it turn out to be authentic.. and i will keep you all up to date

I was shocked today when i see the problem on the handle !! imagine this bag cost me around $14xxx AUD! a lot of money!

I don't think the dryness means much. And after all, I don't think your SA had the chance to see many jpg....
Do you have any other picture of the birkin?

ChloeSS, don't let these SAs get you panic, they certianly do not have any 'conclusion' and they need to wait for some experts. Good luck and hopefully, it is good news on Monday!
In worse case, do you still have receipt of the purchase? If it is fr one of those key resellers in HK, i am sure you could go after them.

Please don't stress, maybe they need to wait for manager to return or someone more knowledable on repairs.

does the store know you? If not, maybe that's why, they just double check everything that was not purchased at their store.

more pic of my bag

Attachments

• IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 638
  • IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2097.jpg
    IMG_2097.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 229
Well, you do live in Australia... Is where you store the bag humid? Humidity has been known for ruining the Vuittonite interior on many Louis Vuitton bags... and perhaps this is what has dried out your Hermes bag. But don't worry, it looks authentic, and I'm sure that fixing the glaze will be easy!

Good luck! and don't fret too much!

Hi CholeSS,

Big HUG for your first~!:heart: I really hope everything turns out to be good!

I was doing some research for you regarding shoulder Birkin on the forum and compared with my shoulder Birkins (I have a few). Your bag looks okay but one thing...but please keep in mind that I am NOT a craftman:P. So I might be wrong. I am NOT saying yours is fake at all. Since you are very concerned about your bag, I am trying to give you honest input.

The only thing MIGHT be different is length of handles...I looked up on the forum for pictures of other members and compared with all of my shoulder Birkins. Theirs (other members pictures) look about the same length as my shoulder birkins. Yours seems visibly short, but maybe because your handles are pressed....???....I am trying to figure out why they look shorter...I pressed handles of one of my clemance shoulder Birkin and compared to yours..mine still looks longer than yours (all of mines are directly bought from Hermes)...

Please keep us updated when you hear from Hermes! But please don't be paniced !:smile: You don't know their answer yet!

This is one of my photo from a while back (bought it directly from Hermes and I carried very limited times as well. You said you carried yours only few times/haven't-really-used-it, which mean not brand new(Brand new=NEVER carried condition)..it's an important factor for comparing length of handles.)
attachment.php

vs. Yours
attachment.php

Last edited:
^^ Could it be that in the pic ChloeSS' bag is slouching backwards and hence the handles are angled in such a way that they appear shorter? I am no expert. Sweet of you to do the research aspenmartial. All the best of luck, ChloeSS.

I hope some other members chime in with their pictures. I was not sure I was allowed to post some of the pictures of shoulder Birkins I found on the forum since they were from MP and listing items were not mine. So, I posted only my picture that I took a while back.

Last edited:
Oh ChloeSS, perhaps it's the angle of the photo of your white jpg that makes the shoulder staps look shorter. Just wait until H comes back to see what they say. No need to worry about what has already been done. All that being said, we need to remember that all of these bags are made from hand. I don't have any jpgs, but have several 30s and 25s, and none of them match exactly. Here are some old pics of my 25s where you can see the vast difference. Both are authentic. I do hope you can rest easier after seeing the major differences in my authentic 25s. :heart:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 25comps1.jpg
    25comps1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 854
  • 25comps2.jpg
    25comps2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 861