My god! I might got a fake birkin.. I am panic

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Hong Kong
This is a long story but to keep it short

I purchased this shoulder birkin back at 2006 at a trusted reseller shop at HK and everything seems very fine to me and this is my only JPG birkin so I couldnt compare with my existing 35.

Except the leather seems a bit dry... and I asked a few different person for opinion and it seems to be authentic overall.

today i noticed the seal on the handle has been cracked ( ref to photo.. not sure how to describe it) and i took it to hermes immediately and see if they could fix it..

the sales at the store kinda.. looked at me strangly and ask me a lot of question whether the bag has been purchased by myself form H store and I told them I got it from someone else and they took it to another corner and inspected it and discussed with a few diff staff.

and they told me i need to wait for their call next week.

I kinda had a bad feeling and i told her is there anything wrong with my birkin? she said.. it feels strange.. so we need to look into it

I am in full panic mode now...

Attachments

anez

B-& until the sales!
Dec 9, 2007
Dublin, Ireland
God, that's awful. I'm really sorry-- I don't know enough to say whether or not this is a fake, but... I hope they call back soon with good news!

hermes_lover

Mar 12, 2008
sydney~AUS
i lived in sydney too !! are u sure u brought the fake one ??

i am soo sorry . maybe its the weather? maybe did u take it outside when its raining ?

I wish everything work out foor you .

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Hong Kong
thanks for all the support

i havent really use the bag at all on last 2 yr.. i just kept it in the dustbag while i was at NZ. and now i feel like a heart attack. I am sure the handle dont have those problem at least 1 yr ago cos even i dont use it. i check it consistantly

but it was a very bad respond from them that they need to check

and i am so stress as this is an expensive bag and i cannot accept this is a FAKE Bag after me holding the bag for last 2 yr.

i am very stress..

lilpicotin

O.G.
Apr 28, 2007
Oh no, ChloeSS!! :hugs:

I actually have the same fear, even though my bag was authenticated and sold by a very trusted reseller... it's not a legitimate doubt, just a nagging little fear that pops up every time I hear about superfakes and stories like this.

I really really hope H reassures you quickly!!! :flowers:

archangel

Aug 23, 2006
The cracking of the sealant is not a sign of a fake bag.. if that's any consolation. Let's hope your SA comes back with an "ok"

medusa2020

H-appy
O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
ChloeSS, keeping my fingers crossed for you! I have had cracked sealant problems before with my birkin, the craftsman was able to fix it perfectly.

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Hong Kong
i hope.. cos from the sales respond, i felt very bad and they looked at me like a cheap girl who hope my fake birkin will turn out to be a real one and try to get it service.

that is how i feel... and today i didnt use my other birkin as the weather is bad and i was using my balenciaga today

costa

....Crinoline...
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
Don't fell that way! Probably tha SA has to wait for the store manager.
It's wird they kept the bag without giving you a recipt.