My Fair Constance

do you think this is a legitimate reason for concern regarding authenticity? i looked at the lining and the leather is so soft... it feels and looks like the real thing, but then again i'm a newbie.

do you think this is a legitimate reason for concern regarding authenticity? i looked at the lining and the leather is so soft... it feels and looks like the real thing, but then again i'm a newbie.

As the others have indicated, there is no reason for concern regarding authenticity.

It is lovely, dc120.....what we were trying to see was if the X looked more like an X ( I feel that it does ) or more like a celtic cross, which is the mark of a Master Craftsman.

Great! Thank you so much ladies. But I think I will take the bag to the SF store on Monday to get a spa treatment. (Shopmom and other SF ladies, any idea how long that would take?) I only had the bag for 3 hours and I already made a stain on it. (actually, I picked up the bag from the post office yesterday, but since DH was working from home, I hid the package in my trunk overnight. :sweatdrop: Didn't fall asleep until the wee hours. :sad: ) I sniffed the lining of the flap and the lotion on my nose made a stain. :hysteric: Maybe I'm not graceful enough for Hermes? :confused1:

Isus, I took a really close look at the stamp and I'm pretty sure it's an X, since the lines are not perpendicular. Is it possible that the Constance has another set of date stamps? I remember seeing a birkin bag in the shopping subforum where the seller said that the bag was produced earlier than the date stamp indicated...

CobaltBlu... I have to plan my first H outfit... might take a while...

Hmmmm, bit of a mystery here.:confused1: There are no other stamps anywhere? Sometimes they're hard to find, easy to overlook, or sometimes they just fade with time. The datestamps seem to fade faster with the textured leathers. If you didn't have the provenance of the bag, I would have thought the G was the datestamp and the X is the atelier mark. X usually indicates the atelier at Pantin.

dressage queen, i tried looking in the bag but i couldn't find any other stamping. :shrugs: come to think of it, the seller (owner of a vintage store in southern CA) told me that the original owner of this bag told her it was early 80's. so it's definitely not as old as yours.

the bag would definitely have a date stamp, right? :cursing:
hi dc120, the craftsman ID & datestamp on my Constance is stamped at the little folded part of the zipper pocket (the little folded part that looks like "V" when you unzip & open the pocket).

It's quite difficult to see it so you'll have to peek closely into the bag to see it - could be stamped on either side of that flap of leather. You might want to see if there's anything stamped there on your Constance! HTH :smile:

Thanks Gigi Leung. I love your constance, btw. :drool:

Still wasn't able to find the date stamp. :shrugs: I took the bag in for a spa treatment on monday. The SA opened up the purse to take a peek, and then wrote me a receipt. She didn't check for the date stamp, though.

Does anyone know where the bag goes for a spa treatment? I know it's not done in SF. Is it sent to the beverly hills store?