My experience in Cartier

hiri

Apr 16, 2017
Hi all,

I'm new around here and I wanted to tell you guys about my experience yesterday when I was buying the Juste un Clou bracelet.

Ever since I saw this bracelet the past two weeks I fell in love with it... but I couldn't buy it before because there was no Cartier boutique close by so I had to go to Florida and get it there.

Long story short, I'm disappointed by how I was treated in the store... to a point that I even feel bad about myself!

As soon as I went no one came to offer me help or just say " welcome" so I had to stand there for exactly 10 minutes in one place waiting for someone to come help me. I was getting frustrated and after 10 minutes standing there alone, a lady came and offered help. I told her I wanted to see the juste un clou bracelet so she said " oh come over here " I looked at it and I told myself, " this will be mine". I was wearing my Apple Watch and she said " you have to take it off before I you can put it on" i was speechless... she said" i don't want you to scratch it" i found no words to say other that I was impressed by her attitude.

Once I took it off she said, are you going to wear it with that watch? I said yes, she responded" well, it doesn't look good with that" ... I reacted and said, I have the pasha Cartier , and she said " well, it will look good with that".

I was in a huge hurry to go back to Largo to drop off the corporate car so I didn't have time to ask for another sales associate and I was late so I went ahead and purchased it. As soon as I bough it she changed her attitude. Wow, I'm speechless. I never thought I was going to have such an experience buying my first Cartier bracelet that I was so excited to buy.

Maybe she was profiling? I'm in my mid 20s and I wasn't dressed up. I was working earlier so trust me, i wasn't in my best. I don't have the luxury to shop around because I'm always traveling for work and I don't know where I'm going next.

This being said, should I complain to the store manager?

Thanks

Reactions: JazzyMac
How you "look" or how you are "dressed" should not enter into the picture from a SA especially one at Cartier or any other store for that matter
Clients from all over the world go into Cartier & other stores wearing shorts, jeans, flip flops & various other types of clothing.
Would share your "thoughts" as to how you were made to feel. You chose to make a purchase & it makes one
wonder how many other potential clients may have been turned off by this SA's attitude

How you "look" or how you are "dressed" should not enter into the picture from a SA especially one at Cartier or any other store for that matter
Clients from all over the world go into Cartier & other stores wearing shorts, jeans, flip flops & various other types of clothing.
Would share your "thoughts" as to how you were made to feel. You chose to make a purchase & it makes one
wonder how many other potential clients may have been turned off by this SA's attitude

Right, I don't understand. I was wearing jeans, simple shoes and the t shirt I use for work which is my " uniform". Maybe she thought I was going to waste her time but there was no excuse as how she treated me. I use my Apple Watch everyday because I'm always working out so it keeps track of my workouts. There was no need to make faces when she was staring at my apple watch and saying the things she was saying with a bad attitude.

Reactions: bubablu
Hmm.
All I can offer is 2 points:
1) "good service" often resembles leaving customers to browse peacefully--waiting to be asked for assistance.
2) sorry, but many fine jewelry aficionados find apple watches ugly & bulky--but would not outright say this to anyone.

So, there may have been an expectation difference.
Or, sa may have been a cranky jerk.
Either way, will you shop there again?
If yes, suggest find new sa next time. If no, end of story.
Enjoy new lovely item.:flowers:

I don't necessarily think it's profiling...I think the SA was just a jerk.

A few months ago, I went to Chanel on a weekday with my baby and I had my usual weekday attire (ripped jeans, tee shirt and Toms) and carrying my not too expensive Marc crossbody bag. The SA was awesome and I ended up buying 2 purses from her. Yesterday, I went to another Chanel boutique and the SA that helped me was like the SA that helped you at Cartier (even though I was carrying the Chanel medium flap bag and had some jewellery on (including the Love bangle))...making comments that I didn't ask for, and I also didn't like the tone he was taking with me. So I don't know it's profiling, I think there are just rude sales associates that hate their jobs.

I didn't think to complain, I don't really care. You encounter people like that everywhere you go unfortunately.

You should focus your energy now on your beautiful bracelet. :smile:

Hi all,

I'm new around here and I wanted to tell you guys about my experience yesterday when I was buying the Juste un Clou bracelet.

Ever since I saw this bracelet the past two weeks I fell in love with it... but I couldn't buy it before because there was no Cartier boutique close by so I had to go to Florida and get it there.

Long story short, I'm disappointed by how I was treated in the store... to a point that I even feel bad about myself!

As soon as I went no one came to offer me help or just say " welcome" so I had to stand there for exactly 10 minutes in one place waiting for someone to come help me. I was getting frustrated and after 10 minutes standing there alone, a lady came and offered help. I told her I wanted to see the juste un clou bracelet so she said " oh come over here " I looked at it and I told myself, " this will be mine". I was wearing my Apple Watch and she said " you have to take it off before I you can put it on" i was speechless... she said" i don't want you to scratch it" i found no words to say other that I was impressed by her attitude.

Once I took it off she said, are you going to wear it with that watch? I said yes, she responded" well, it doesn't look good with that" ... I reacted and said, I have the pasha Cartier , and she said " well, it will look good with that".

I was in a huge hurry to go back to Largo to drop off the corporate car so I didn't have time to ask for another sales associate and I was late so I went ahead and purchased it. As soon as I bough it she changed her attitude. Wow, I'm speechless. I never thought I was going to have such an experience buying my first Cartier bracelet that I was so excited to buy.

Maybe she was profiling? I'm in my mid 20s and I wasn't dressed up. I was working earlier so trust me, i wasn't in my best. I don't have the luxury to shop around because I'm always traveling for work and I don't know where I'm going next.

This being said, should I complain to the store manager?

Thanks

Sorry to hear your experience was not great. I'm a guy in my 20s, and Cartier seems to be the most intimidating place I go to along with Hermes ((due to past not so great experiences...terrible experiences actually)) so I understand how it must have felt. I also dress very casual, sometimes even sweatpants, *gasp!* ...I know lol!

If anything I wouldn't worry if I were you. What matters is the item itself and as long as the bracelet is okay and makes you happy then that is all that matters. What I do is not associate the experience with the item. At the end of the day, you're probably not gonna see them again. Especially if you find a new SA to help you. You could try to contact store manager if you want. I definitely considered it with some of my past experiences but soon just didn't think it was worth wasting my time over a person that probably isn't even worth my time.

Enjoy your JUC! It's a gorgeous piece!

Sorry to hear that! I had a similarly rude experience this past holiday season when I bought a Speedy 25 with strap at one of the many LVs in my area. I was not dressed up, came in with my hubby (who wears t-shirts from Kohl's) and my two kids. I didn't get immediate help, had a rude sales associate, but still left with my bag. My hubby said to me, "I'm sorry you didn't get the service you expected. I feel bad". My reply was that I didn't care because I got what I came for : my bag. Sometimes SAs are just jerks. Don't let it cloud your purchase. Wear it in good health!

Hmmm, was this the boutique in Chevy Chase? I was very uncomfortable with an SA there (def profiled) but I ended up speaking with corporate about it and now I just work with the store manager directly who has been helpful.

But you're right, it's really souring to be treated unkindly, intentional or not. I'm sorry this happened to you. Luckily the jewelry will far outlast any negative feelings you have about the buying experience.

Sorry to hear. I think service can always be hit and miss in any bputique of any brand. I am like you, feel it kind of ruins the experience, even though my wife thinks im crazy for thinking that, Your buying the jewellery she says. I do find sometime i prefer different stores. I prefer Selfridges or Harrods in the UK rather than a actual stand alone boutique as feel it is a nicer atmosphere to shop in. Dont know how it works in the USA.

Reactions: hiri
Hi all,

Not sure if the store was empty and you waited 10 minutes, or if it was busy and you waited 10 minutes. At my nearest Boutique, unless you make an appointment, they can often be very busy and you may easily have to wait 20 minutes or more, even if you are a regular customer there. If they were totally empty, well then maybe its a lazy or disinterested sales associate...sadly they exist in all businesses.

As for you being speechless about her asking you to take off your watch...that's actually quite common at lots of jewelry and watch stores. Gold is very soft and if your watch or other jewelry scratches their brand new bracelet and you do not purchase it, it could be difficult to sell as there are lots of picky buyers who won't buy that piece that has scratches. Very picky buyers often insist on brand new unscratched items. So on this issue, I think there is nothing for you to be upset about.

I do think it was rude for her to comment about your Apple watch not looking good with the bracelet. That is none of her business and you didn't ask for her opinion.

Since you don't live in the area, and you don't have to shop at that location, I would move on, enjoy your bracelet, and purchase Cartier goods elsewhere. I'm sure a nicer sales associate will be more than happy to get your business.

Reactions: papertiger
Also what made you pick the JUC instead of the LB for your first peice. Always assumed everyone gets the LB first and then the JUC.

I think the JUC bracelet is edgy, modern and I really love it ever since I first saw it. It got my attention the second I looked at it so I decided to go with this one first. The love one is a classic so it will always be there! I'll buy it later this year for my birthday.

I was told the JUC was discontinued once so I don't know if they are planning to do it again. Also, JUC is more expensive than the love bracelet so I didn't want to wait more, you never know when they will increase the prices.