My Brand New Fawn Devote arrived :-(((

This really saddens me. This is a big part of the reason I dropped out of the Wine MAC SO. Just way too many issues and inconsistencies lately. I've had a couple of issues with RM. Two of which I was promised "something for my troubles". I have yet to receive ANYTHING from RM. I have downsized and only kept bags that I really love. And even though there are more that I would love to add to my collection I just can't give her any more of my money right now. Not until things get straightened out. I mostly hang out in this forum now to admire the designs from afar and cause I love chatting with you guys.

Lexie and Littlerock, I just cannot fathom how this happened to you two. When I first saw this thread I assumed it was older because surely the new bags you guys were sent would've been examined under a microscope from top to bottom. :shrugs: I just hope that whatever resolution you ask for is done quickly. I still can't believe it.

Well said...and I have been a huge fan of RM for a long time, but I have just had it with all of the unnecessary QC and CS drama. Like many of you, I plan very carefully how I am going to spend my disposable income and my free time. Therefore, my desire to spend either or both of them sending emails to RM.com in triplicate or hoping against hope that my bag will arrive in good condition is nill. It's no coincidence that I have been seeing more hardcore past/present RM fans (myself very much included) frequenting other sub-forums and spending their money on other designer bags more than before. Like knas, I still come here because I love chatting with you all and the designs are gorgeous. Gorgeous or not, though, as consumers we deserve much better QC and CS (I see this as an issue of both). And as desi and others have already pointed out, the legal ramifications of this set of problems and how it affects the RM brand's overall worth (and in turn the value of our investment in the bags themselves) are of further concern.

No, my fawn devote came with a regular snap. But I was also getting a replacement Sunshine devote (which I am not keeping so it's really compliacted at this very moment) and so the sunshine devote came with another KS snap!

I am also not happy about the snap they chose for my fawn devote tote replacement. One side is half the size of the other. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

snappic2.jpg

snappic1.jpg

Last edited:
I am so sorry this is happening to you Lexie and Littlerock and whoever else. I hope
it gets resolved soon for you both. I know how frustrating it must be waiting for a bag and then hoping it is the bag you expected. I wish there were not so many inconsistencies in the bags. I know that leather varies but aside from the Kate Spade hardware issue, it sounds like many of the same style bags are so different in leather (softness, smooshiness, etc). I feel bad that Lexie loved her first one and sent it back only to hate her second one! :sad:

No, my fawn devote came with a regular snap. But I was also getting a replacement Sunshine devote (which I am not keeping so it's really compliacted at this very moment) and so the sunshine devote came with another KS snap!

I also didn't getthe minkette charm that was promised to come along with the bags:wtf:

I am also not happy about the snap they chose for my fawn devote tote replacement. One side is half the size of the other. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

snappic2.jpg

snappic1.jpg

what? that's half-ass, imo---excuse me! :Push:

No, these are straight up replacements, no bag was repaired. At this moment in time I have TWO Sunshine devotes and TWO Fawn devotes in my possession ALL with jacked up snaps.

Yes, there is...they can give her a perfect/correct bag FREE of charge!

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: I am SHOCKED!! I am so so sorry Lexie. This is just awful. I honestly don't even know what to say. :hugs: At this point there is no charm or gift that they could give you to make this right. It is a complete and utter annoyance for you.