My Brand New Fawn Devote arrived :-(((

I called and Talked to Sarah. She is quite shocked also and they are looking into the problem now. She doesn't know if I am the only problem or if a whole batch of bad bags still existed and were sent out. Oh well. I'm working nights so I'm going to bed. I'll catch up with you all later.
LR...hope your Devotes are correct. I'm pretty subdued here. I might get more angry later but after talking to Sarah and hearing her angst, I feel bad for her. She's just new and took a whole lot onto her plate she probably never realized.

This is really awful. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. The thing that's really unbelievable to me is that the didn't check and remove all of the bad bags as soon as they heard about your problem!! It sounds like they had good intentions, but how could they not check their stock?!

I'm sorry I didn't read through all of the original post. Did you know they were going to replace rather than repair your bag?

I really hope you can get this resolved without any more grief.

Argh, Lexie, this STINKS!! I am so sorry. :sad:

You are 100% right to insist that this is RM's baby and no one else's.

And this is further proof that RM has some serious QC issues. It's a shame that the wonderful designs are too often lost in sub-par QC.

Isn't it sad that I'm not that surprised that this happened?

This is the same thing they did to me with the wine MAM. I pre-ordered old hardware. They sent the new. I sent the bag back. THey promised to make it right, they were so sorry, blah blah, and they would send me a new bag that was to have the old hardware right away. Yeah, right. They resent then same exact bag, with the new hardware. So this is not that surprising. I am having flashbacks.

You would think as they were so disgusted and appalled that this Kate Spade mess happened that they would want to get this right the first time. :cursing:

I have not even gotten my new bag or tracking info yet. I'm so over being nice and patient.

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked: I had no idea this was going on!! This is AWFUL! :wtf:

WTF is this sh*t?! Is there NO quality control manager or anything like it in the whole company? I mean, c'mon! You'd think after the first discovery of bags with incorrect snaps they would check EVERY bag that came out of that factory and not let them see the light of day. And definitely to RECHECK any bags that were being sent out to the people who were affected by the mistake. For this to happen AGAIN. I....I have no words.

RM better hope that word of this doesn't reach Kate Spade's people, because they would probably have a fit. I wouldn't be surprised if there were legal issues involved.

What worries me the most is with all these inconsist QC issues, the degraded materials, IE PVC, kate spade snaps, if RM is ever counterfeited how are we going to know the difference???? The PVC, devotes with kate spade snaps, i mean these seriously would look like a fake bag to someone that is not on TPF and doesn't know of these issues happening. QC needs to be in place to prevent the confusion between a real RM bag, and "counterfeits" if it ever happens.

RM better hope that word of this doesn't reach Kate Spade's people, because they would probably have a fit. I wouldn't be surprised if there were legal issues involved.

I agree. I don't even know how to react to that. I would think like Lexie mentioned, to prevent a bigger issue, they would want to hunt down all of these and get them corrected to prevent a disaster from awakening, but it doesn't appear that way. I love RM so i would only hope that this gets corrrected and the faulty bags out of circulation asap

.....with Kate Spade snaps.

I am stunned. Mystified. Just dumbstruck. On the Receipt it says "Send the new Devote tote with corrected snaps" Ship Today and says how to wrap it. I am just shocked.

They replaced my defective Devote with another defective Devote.

What am I going to do? Nothing! My first bag had better distressing and I am not about to play Musical Bags and let's see who can gets the real Rebecca Minkoff. I did not use my bag for a week while waiting. I wrote to RM and Sarah. I am done done done with this.

I really don't know what to say. Dammit....I love the bag. It's not my fault there is still serious issues there. Just when they seem to be getting it together....

:faint: unacceptable.

This really saddens me. This is a big part of the reason I dropped out of the Wine MAC SO. Just way too many issues and inconsistencies lately. I've had a couple of issues with RM. Two of which I was promised "something for my troubles". I have yet to receive ANYTHING from RM. I have downsized and only kept bags that I really love. And even though there are more that I would love to add to my collection I just can't give her any more of my money right now. Not until things get straightened out. I mostly hang out in this forum now to admire the designs from afar and cause I love chatting with you guys.

Lexie and Littlerock, I just cannot fathom how this happened to you two. When I first saw this thread I assumed it was older because surely the new bags you guys were sent would've been examined under a microscope from top to bottom. :shrugs: I just hope that whatever resolution you ask for is done quickly. I still can't believe it.