My Brand New Fawn Devote arrived :-(((

I had to sign for the package, and the box was a bit dented so the delivery guy waited for me to open the package in front of him. He was also surprised at the condition of the handbag. One of the feet were missing, and it wasn't in the box. He took the box with him.

While I don't necessarily agree with how RM handled the issue with the Fawn Devote - I am a bit confused. You had the bag for a while and never looked at it/inspected it? That is how I read it. How did you store the bag? What was the discoloration on the bottom? A leather variation or something else entirely? I don't know. I guess I have a hard time understanding the whole not inspecting a bag as soon as you get it.

I also have only received bags directly from RM packaged beautifully in huge boxes. Only once did I receive one (my replacement Fawn Devote) that wasn't stuffed and wrapped within an inch of its life. Sucks that that happened to you.

I buy many handbags, always from reputable retail stores. I have a very large collection of RM bags. I purchased the fawn devote from Three Sirens. I have always received flawless bags from there. When I received my bag it looked fine. I didn't notice the buckle was on backwards. There was also a stain on the bottom of the bag, like dirt not color variation. Maybe a return? I don't know. I didn't notice it till I took it out a couple of months later, for the summer. I have a closet for my handbags, I can assure you it did not happen by the way I store my bags.
I don't buy any bags from RM directly, except for one SO. I can only attest to my experience with them, which has been pretty bad.

Just received the wine devote. It was all smushed up and feet were missing:sad: I don't have any words.

Was the box too small? One time, I received a matinee from RM that is packed in a flat box meant for a Nikki. I think the bag was packed by the shipper (Bergen Shipper?) rather than RM. RM eventually replaced that bag for me.

The box was a little mangled, so maybe that was the reason for the bag being smushed? The devote was also missing one of the feet, which was not in the box so that definitely was not ups' fault. I guess my complaint is that I just can't believe they would keep sending out damaged bags to the same customer which they are trying to do right by.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've just heard of the Kate Spade snaps thing somewhere else and have sat here and read this thread throughout. To say I've been dumbfounded would be an understatement! :wtf:

Anyway I'm really curious now to hear how you girls with the repeatedly bad Devotes did out of this. I read Sarah's message with reserved feelings, it was the right thing to say but they've given a lot of promises that they've failed to come through on. Did you get proper bags in the end? Also did you get the free bags as promised - and were those okay?! I need resolution! :hysteric::lol: