My Birkin Was Stolen!!!

oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can totally understand what you mean when you say you just want your birkin and dogon wallet back. That would have been all I want and care about too. hugz to you!!

OMG...first off I'm glad that you were not harmed. People like that make me sick, how can they sleep at night?!!! Definitely check with your insurance and like others mentioned be careful because whoever took your bag has your information.

I'm sorry to hear this situation.
I hope they find these people that took it.
You did not get harmed and no one threatened/mugged you.
Please don't take offense I don't mean to pry or doubt you but I don't quite understand...did they take it off your table? Or was it set on the floor and it was out of your sight?
Mods if you find my post offensive in any ways please edit it.

Thanks for all the hugs.

I hope my home insurance will cover for that...but it always seems easier to give money to the insurance company than to get any back...

I spoke to my Hermes store manager and she agreed to write a letter including replacement value. I don't want to sound snob but I really wouldn't be do depressed if it was one of my Guccis or LVs. :sad::sad::sad:

elizabethk, don't worry...I'm not offended.

This is what happened:

We were four girlfriends having cocktails around 9pm. Since my birkin is a 35cm, it was too big to put on my chair or table and therefore was on the floor next to my feet. From the security camera, we saw clearly a man putting his coat on the chair of the empty table next to us and spotting my bag. He then left and signaled his partner and rounded back to the table next to us. While standing at the empty table, he managed to kick my bag towards under his table. His partner dropped his coat and grabbed my birkin and his coat at the same time. Both left the next second without any of us noticing.

My waitress told me that my coat felt on the floor, about 15 mins after, and that's when I noticed that my bag was gone.

The resto manager told me that it happens really often; 3 purses stolen at his resto within one week last summer!!! I can't believe they don't do anything about it!!! How can I go back to that fancy restaurant knowing it's a theft's heaven!

the restaurant is also not likely to be responsible (at least that's what the manager told me).

of COURSE they said that, but that doesn't necessarily make it so -- otherwise why have the security cameras?

i'd pursue putting in a claim with the restaurant's insurance company, and for that amount of money lost i'd probably also consult with an inexpensive lawyer (like jacoby & meyers) to see whether there's any legal recourse against the restaurant.

so very sorry this happened to you.

We were four girlfriends having cocktails around 9pm. Since my birkin is a 35cm, it was too big to put on my chair or table and therefore was on the floor next to my feet. From the security camera, we saw clearly a man putting his coat on the chair of the empty table next to us and spotting my bag. He then left and signaled his partner and rounded back to the table next to us. While standing at the empty table, he managed to kick my bag towards under his table. His partner dropped his coat and grabbed my birkin and his coat at the same time. Both left the next second without any of us noticing.

This is VERY scary.

I am really sorry to hear that this happened to you.

GL!

jlao (((Hugs))), sorry to hear about this....did you purchase your birkin with a credit card, if so you can check with the credit card company if they have insurance for loss, some credit cards provide that for their cardholders...also follow up on DQ's advice.....

Jlao, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending hugs. You are safe and sound -- the most important thing.

Check to see if you have some recourse through the restaurant -- they won't want any bad PR.

I know what you are going through -- it feels like a violation.On our first night (and the house was a mess with boxes) in this house we got robbed and they took our two cars. (It was a professional job.)

Rest assured that what goes around, comes around.

In our case, the "ring man" was caught a year-and-a-half later and was arrested in front of his young children and wife. They now know what a dirt-bag that guy was. The police "busted" the whole ring in my city (my neighbour's car was also found in that bust!). The police recovered my SUV because the "new owner's" girlfriend was speeding on the highway and the police pulled her over and ran the VIN. The VIN came up as a duplicate to a similar vehicle registered in Texas. The police didn't like the looks of this. She was brought in, her boyfriend went to the police station. He said be bought the SUV off "the ring man" for cash and never thought it was stolen. Helloooo, the car was sold with one key and with winter tires. The vehicle is only sold with summer tires from the manufacturer and that the truck was in an old garage. They found the "ring man" because the "boyfriend" sold the "ring man" his house (in a legit sale) and the police were able to find the "ring man" through the "Agreement to Purchase and Sell" papers for homes. By that time we had settled with the insurance company so it went to auction (and that vehicle was again stolen from the new owner -- go figure). DH's toy was never seen again.

that is an AWFUL news...Im sorry to hear that dear. I hope it works out in the end. I think IMHO..you should SUE the restaurant....since the restaurant "disclosed" a very important information about it HAD HAPPENED BEFORE...and the restaurant didnt do anything about it after the 1st or 2nd incident.