My Anniversary present .. A Harley!!!!(pics)

Kat ~~ Happy Anniversary! My, you have a generous and sweet husband! Your new Harley is gorgeous and you look fabulous on it. I am dying laughing over here picturing all the studded-out biker guys talking about Louis Vuitton handbags--what a riot!! I love the weekend "field trips" that you guys take on your bikes. Sounds like a lot of fun. If you ever make it down to Florida-take me for a spin--I've never been on one before!:supacool:

Pink*Petunia said:
Kat ~~ Happy Anniversary! My, you have a generous and sweet husband! Your new Harley is gorgeous and you look fabulous on it. I am dying laughing over here picturing all the studded-out biker guys talking about Louis Vuitton handbags--what a riot!! I love the weekend "field trips" that you guys take on your bikes. Sounds like a lot of fun. If you ever make it down to Florida-take me for a spin--I've never been on one before!:supacool:
I've heard talk about riding down in Florida. When the trip is all worked out I'll let you know.:P

Woo hoo! My husband wanted to get a Harley a couple of years ago, but he thought he should wait until our daughter grows up a little in case he gets in an accident. Do you feel safe riding one?

Pink*Petunia said:
Woo hoo! My husband wanted to get a Harley a couple of years ago, but he thought he should wait until our daughter grows up a little in case he gets in an accident. Do you feel safe riding one?
IMO it's just as safe as a car if you ride defensively. Most accidents occur when someone is making a left turn in front of you coming the opposite way. When you're on a bike you are less intimidating than when you're in a car/truck/van. They are bigger and feel they should go first, so I let them. It's safer for me. You just have to always be alert on a bike. You should always be alert in a car too but most of us after years of driving get a little distracted at times (i.e. cell phones, eating in cars, radio playing, talking to passengers, etc.) You do not have any of these distractions on a bike, so you are really paying a lot more attention to the road. Safer, don't you think? I also learned the right way IMO. My husband rode for over 30 years, but I still went to Motorcyle Safety School to learn how to ride. I showed my husband the things I learned each day and he actually got some tips! If you learn the right way and drive safely you ahead of the game. It's so much fun to ride. I can't describe the feeling. There really are no words. It really beats being a passenger on a motorcyle. I tell most of my women friends who have thoughts about doing it but are hesitant to sign up for the course to take a private lesson with the school first.

I just showsd my DH this thread and he is SO MAD LOL
He wants one so bad...I told him for his 40th birthday (only 3 years)
I LOVE IT BTW and Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!You look HOT on that bike!!!!!!!!!!!!!